Diet for adding lean mass

JM00

Awards
Hey folks i'm new on AM and like it a lot already, I've been hitting the gym more seriously since about 8 months or so, as I seem to reach a peak I believe nutrition comes in game, I'm presently 6'0 with 195lbs eating 4 or 5 meals a day getting all the protein I need, now i've read the carbs and fat were important in a certain ratio, could anyone please inform me of carbs and fat need or suggest me a good diet for lean mass, I will also be starting creatine in the next week..

thanks in advance
J

JM00

Awards
by the way, this is an example of my regular day meal plan

wake up 7:30
40g whey
4egg whites
half cup oats
yogurt

10:30
2 bananas
raisins
apple

12:30
2 chicken breats
cup of rice
apple

2:30
tuna salad
veggies

preworkout 5:00
bowl of rice or banana
2scoops(jacked usp labs)

post workout:
2 scoopswhey

supper ( 7:30)
corn
beef or chicken or
veggies
or pasta like spaghetti etc.

before bed 10:30
2 scoops whey

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
add about 100 calories a week. at the end of the week if your gains stall, add another 100 the next week.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey folks i'm new on AM and like it a lot already, I've been hitting the gym more seriously since about 8 months or so, as I seem to reach a peak I believe nutrition comes in game, I'm presently 6'0 with 195lbs eating 4 or 5 meals a day getting all the protein I need, now i've read the carbs and fat were important in a certain ratio, could anyone please inform me of carbs and fat need or suggest me a good diet for lean mass, I will also be starting creatine in the next week..

thanks in advance
J

As for supplements, make sure that you are using the staples:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats (if you don't get these from your diet)
* Protein Powder (to ensure that you get enough protein)
* BCAAs (some protein powders contain them and so there is no need for a separate product)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
i believe the carb ratio is much higher than needed.

its about overall cals anyway. aslong as ur takin in adiquite protein and ur cals are higher than ur burning u will gain. but 5 -6g/kg bw is really high. IMO

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u can even gain without carbs

an over fed state will lead to this phenomenon however i would focus around essentials like protein and fat at maintence calories and add in carbs for weight gain start with pre and post and if yuou dont like what you see add in a few carb meals

if you start to get fat ease off on the carbs to where u maintain your weight and increase fats

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated!
No worries.

i believe the carb ratio is much higher than needed.

its about overall cals anyway. aslong as ur takin in adiquite protein and ur cals are higher than ur burning u will gain. but 5 -6g/kg bw is really high. IMO
That is the OPTIMAL macronutrient ratios for gaining muscle mass. Lean bulking you could go a little lower. So long as one is having up to or more than 500 calories over Maintenance calories they will gain. Diet should be adjusted re calories at the end of the week based on gains made and fat:muscle ratio gained.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest keeping 2 yolks in your eggs in the morning. Good for your test levels. Make sure your getting healthy fats to stay lean.