how healthy is chapolte?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I was just curious as to what everyone thought of their burrito's. I find myself eating them 2-3 times a week. I usually just get the burrito filled with rice, chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, and lettuce. If I remember right it's around 650 calories.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
not sure how healthy but i too eat that **** like 2-3 times a week..
it's also Chipolte (not bein a **** heh)

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I love chipotle. I usually get the bowl with chicken, beans, rice, lettuce, salsa and avocado. I do not add the sour cream and cheese. Not that bad for you.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
not that bad for you?

I agree it tastes amazing. But I am guessing they may be pushing a thousand cals and are definitely not on the get cut diet.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
not that bad for you?

I agree it tastes amazing. But I am guessing they may be pushing a thousand cals and are definitely not on the get cut diet.
Yes not that bad for you. Of course it all depends on what you add to your bowl.

I love chipotle. I usually get the bowl with chicken, beans, rice, lettuce, salsa and avocado. I do not add the sour cream and cheese. Not that bad for you.
Minus the sour cream, cheese and tortilla it is not that bad for you......You read it correctly.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
not sure how healthy but i too eat that **** like 2-3 times a week..
it's also Chipolte (not bein a **** heh)

for the record it is chipOTLE not chipolte

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Here you go: http://www.chipotle.com/ChipotleNutrition.pdf

I added the macros for the chicken burrito I usually get:
* 810 calories
* 53 g protein
* 20 g fat
* 104 g carbs

Not to sound cynical but more often than not the website of the company in question is a tad bit bias in their estimations would you not agree?
I'd agree in the statement that they are (generally speaking) "not that bad". But if you're into adding some extra cheese and sour cream and things of this nature much like i do i would definitely shy away from this on a cut.

BifWebster

Awards
Not to sound cynical but more often than not the website of the company in question is a tad bit bias in their estimations would you not agree?
I'd agree in the statement that they are (generally speaking) "not that bad". But if you're into adding some extra cheese and sour cream and things of this nature much like i do i would definitely shy away from this on a cut.
Chipotle tends to be pretty consistent with their portions. Restaurants woulds rather give you less than more these days.

If you go with a chicken burrito it could be a great post workout meal, good idea to say no to the sour cream though.

keater824

keater824

Awards
if u get a steak bowl with black beans, corn and lettuce the calorie intake is
395 Cal 9 Fat 2 Sat 40 Carbs 40 Pro... the sodium is extremely high thou but a good amount of fiber 14g..

iDShaDoW

Awards
Stupid question, but is eating some cheese more unhealthy than drinking whole milk?

I'm not much of a milk person but if I skipped the sour cream and had cheese on my burrito, is it really that much more unhealthy than the dudes who drink like a gallon of milk a day?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I love Chipolte but the only problem is it leaves these horrible blood stains in my underwear.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
I love Chipolte but the only problem is it leaves these horrible blood stains in my underwear.
HI! Billy Mays here for Chipotleway!! Do you love Chipotle, but hate the blood stains you get in your underwear?

captgarrett

Awards
I go for the burrito bowls. The tortila is unnecessary carbs and I never have been into sour cream.

Steak or Chicken
Black Beans
Rice
Onions and Peppers
olives
lettuce
cheese

I realize it's not on the cut diet, but this isn't bad for you minus that cheese, which I have them put on sparingly or not at all. Stay away from the sour cream and that amazing guacamole they have. If memory serves me right, that guac has good fats in it though.