Most Common Diet For Losing Weight and Bulking Muscles

michaelpc29

Awards
I know there are many different opinions about this subject but i was just wondering what everyone out there is doing to cut weight and still have the essentials to put on muscle mass. I am looking for what to avoid, what to look for, what kinda of number im looking for in calories, protein, fats, Carbs and other stuff like that. im not looking for someone to setup a diet for me but i just wanted to know what everyone is doing.... but by all means if you want to set one up for me im willing to buy about anything to eat and make whatever.
My Stats
Height: 5'11"
Weight 262
Current diet ( and please dont make fun of this because it works pretty well for me right now, but please tell me whats wrong with it)
3 egg whites in the morning with a small bit of hashbrowns and toast and oj
myoplex protein bar at about 12:00pm
Usually some sort or carb like noodles at like 3:00pm
Glass of Wheyabolic60
Goto Gym
Glass of HALOCryoabolic
then Supper small portion of chicken soaked in light zesty itialian dressing

in 3 weeks this has brought me from 280 to 262 and i have made some gain in my biceps and huge gains in my legs, please, like my others posts, nice suggestions and discussion with what im looking for.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
well its hard to bulk AND cut at the sme time. ur best bet is to pick one goal and stick to it for 6 months and then work on the other.

currently i am bulking and have been doing a diet that has is kinda based off the zone diet. its high protein at all meals, and high carbs in the am and then as the day goes on the carbs lower and the fats get higher so by the last meal its high protein high fat. Its like an inverse ration of carbs and fats. Also the calories at each meal stay pretty consistant and i have been growing pretty well with this approach.

it doesnt really matter the type of diet u follow, more what is important is consistancy and just eating clean in general. all diets will produce good results as long as u stick to them.

As for your own diet i wrote some changes u may wanta make in bold.

3 egg whites in the morning with a small bit of hashbrowns and toast and oj
not enough protein
myoplex protein bar at about 12:00pm
ok
Usually some sort or carb like noodles at like 3:00pm
not enough protein
Glass of Wheyabolic60
ok
Goto Gym
Glass of HALOCryoabolic
ok
then Supper small portion of chicken soaked in light zesty itialian dressing
not enough of anything
[/QUOTE]

over all i dont tink ur eating enough food to grow. the gains u have seen, are most likley from losing fat, not nessessarily gaining muscle. which is totally fine btw. i would add alottt more protein 1.5g/lb LBM and definately could use some morehealthy fats.

Muscledad

Awards
I am by no means an expert but it does makes sense to me that diet is a generic word. You should have more of a lifestyle change. Meaning, don't diet, just learn to eat correctly. I am still learning and after 3 years I still have a ton to learn. I have found for me that working out and cutting out alot of the junk along with just eating the right portions has worked wonders. I still have a hard time eating enough to get huge though....

Listen to what these folks on here have to tell you and before you know it you will be looking and feeling great.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I disagree with is the Wheybolic 60. 60 grams of protein, especially 60 grams of a fast absorbing protein like whey, is far too much for the body to utilize at once.

If you're using the recommended serving of that, which is 3 scoops, then i would take only 1 scoop, maybe 1.5. If you're not taking the full serving then nevermind.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I disagree with is the Wheybolic 60. 60 grams of protein, especially 60 grams of a fast absorbing protein like whey, is far too much for the body to utilize at once.

QUOTE]

yeah? says who? i dont buy into that no more than 40g of protein a serving. how do u explain pro's meals then. kai takes in 600g a day, def wqayy more than 40 g a serving. and even if its true u just pisss it out better to have to much than too little.

just my .02

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
yeah? says who? i dont buy into that no more than 40g of protein a serving. how do u explain pro's meals then. kai takes in 600g a day, def wqayy more than 40 g a serving. and even if its true u just pisss it out better to have to much than too little.

just my .02
Sorry, just re-reading that I realized I worded it rather poorly. You're right with the "no more than 40g of protein per a serving" ADA bs, but if the protein is coming from whole foods not only is gastric emptying occurring slower due to the presence of a mixed macro meal, but the proteins will have also have a slower amino acid release profile due to the type of proteins.

Whey is an extremely fast absorbing protein that elicits a rapid peak of amino acids in the blood stream. IMO it is best used post w/o, but your body can only use as much as it needs and then the excess is either converted into glucose or excreted. How much is excreted and how much is converted into glucose is debatable. That's why I don't think it is beneficial to consume large amounts of whey pre and post w/o. 40 grams seems overly much to me, but if you maintain favorable body composition while still experiencing supplementing with that much at once then props to you.

I'm not trying to come off as lecturing so i'm sorry if it seems that way, i'm just trying to be thorough in posting my thinking.

michaelpc29

Awards
ok well thanks for the input it really helps