MEAT Proetein Absorption...

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Maybe this is an elementary question, but I have been wondering...

How long does it take the protein found in meat to absorb? Is it quick absorbing like whey? Slow like casein?

Also, are all the meats equal when it comes to absorption rate? Steak vs. Chicken breasts? Ground turkey vs. Tuna?

dankone

dankone

Awards
how fast it absorbs has alot to do with the fat content.

Chicken, tuna or egg white absorbs faster then

Steak, cheese or whole eggs

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I'm aware of the fact that the fat slows absorption of protein.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
beef is supposed to be one of the slowest sources of animal protein, regardless of fat content. i like doing lean beef before bed.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
responses in bold

How long does it take the protein found in meat to absorb? Is it quick absorbing like whey? Slow like casein?

longer than both forms of protein powder.. whey is longer than casein.

Also, are all the meats equal when it comes to absorption rate?
no

Steak vs. Chicken breasts?

Ground turkey vs. Tuna?

steak is the slowest absorbing due to fat content, chicken is the fastest ground turky is in the middle i would assume tuna is fast but not possitive

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
meats usually take 3-4 hours, eggs with yolk 3-4 hours, without yolk 1 hr.

whey 1 hr, casein 3-7 hours ( depending on type of casein, micellar vs calcium caseinate)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
meats usually take 3-4 hours, eggs with yolk 3-4 hours, without yolk 1 hr.

whey 1 hr, casein 3-7 hours ( depending on type of casein, micellar vs calcium caseinate)
I assume Micellar takes longer since its of a higher quality.

The1One1

Awards
Yer, all different meats have different absorption rates and the protein is absorbed at different rates. But it's also dependent on a lot of other thing like how much you ate, what else you ate, when you drank how much you drank, when the last time you ate was. Your able to eat a lot more in the morning because you've been fasting for so long.

srylcrusher

Awards
I was looking at protein powders at GNC...the clerk was saying that a male can only process about 60 grams of protein and hr...thus any amount over this would be converted to fat...would this remain true with the added protien synthesis ablilities from Tren? I have added around 18 pounds of mucsle in 3 weeks and I am 39..I am very happy with progress but may be overeating if 60 grams is max per sitting...Thank you gentlemen...the steel never lies!

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The guy at gnc is an idiot, 60 grams an hour!!!! I think it may be closer to 30-45 grams every 3 hours for the average size male

CJSalcedo

Awards
I was looking at protein powders at GNC...the clerk was saying that a male can only process about 60 grams of protein and hr...thus any amount over this would be converted to fat...would this remain true with the added protien synthesis ablilities from Tren? I have added around 18 pounds of mucsle in 3 weeks and I am 39..I am very happy with progress but may be overeating if 60 grams is max per sitting...Thank you gentlemen...the steel never lies!
While I'm not sure if that's true, I wouldn't trust anything those GNC clerks say. Most of them don't know **** and just push Muscle Tech products for the commission.

srylcrusher

Awards
Thank you for you input..the fact that most of GNC employees are 30 pounds over weight should have been my first clue...but I am trying to be humble and learn...
Muscle Tech? ALL RIGHT! You think that 60 grams is way too much tho...That makes sense really...explains why taking in smaller frequent amounts seems to work much better...Gentlemen..Thank you again

Sincerely

Srylcrusher

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
never listen to people who work at GNC!!! Most of them are nothing but salesmen!!!

ecupirate

Awards
I believe each person is different as to how much protein can be absorbed. I also think it depends on the activity the person is doing like sports vs laying on the couch

srylcrusher

Awards
Gentlemen,,
I have started test prop...I have no pain at pinning but quite a bit later in the day...like a bad bruise. normal or too high a dose? E.D @ 50 mg / 1/2 ML..Should I add more oil or BB? I made 20ML with 2 grams TP dissolved..I seems to be stayong in solution very well. I am also running 37.5 MG Tren E.D.
Thanks...Srylcrusher

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen,,
I have started test prop...I have no pain at pinning but quite a bit later in the day...like a bad bruise. normal or too high a dose? E.D @ 50 mg / 1/2 ML..Should I add more oil or BB? I made 20ML with 2 grams TP dissolved..I seems to be stayong in solution very well. I am also running 37.5 MG Tren E.D.
Thanks...Srylcrusher

you will most likely get more informative answers if you post this question in the correct forum!