trimmin the fat after a bulk

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
i just finished my long term bulking phase. Started in winter at 140, now im 175 lbs. Now i need to fix my diet to return to my deep cut body, but i dont wanna lose any of the muscle i've worked so hard to put on.

this is my diet right now

breakfast - peanut butter

lunch - chicken, wheat bread w/ marg.

pre w.o. - peanut butter

post w.o. - 3 scoop weight gainer

dinner - either chicken fish or steak with veggies, rice

pre bed - 4 scoop weight gainer

i assume the weight gainers will have to go, but i really dont wanna lose any weight, i wanna maintain my weight at 174 (more or less) and just take take the rest of the fat out of my stomach

right now im on Lean Xtreme, because i know that is a body composition formula instead of a weight loss formula so i thought i was good.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established

pre w.o. - peanut butter
1) PB is not meal
2) U never want to have fat before a workout, at least not as the main part of the meal. and refer back to #1.

how many carbs does that come out too? too many i would assume.

i really dont wanna lose any weight, i wanna maintain my weight at 174 (more or less) and just take take the rest of the fat out of my stomach
umm ur gunna lose weight. and u shouldnt care. if ur losing fat ur weight will go down. stop worrying about the scale and worry about the mirror.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
i just finished my long term bulking phase. Started in winter at 140, now im 175 lbs. Now i need to fix my diet to return to my deep cut body, but i dont wanna lose any of the muscle i've worked so hard to put on.

this is my diet right now

lunch - chicken, wheat bread w/ marg.

pre w.o. - peanut butter

post w.o. - 3 scoop weight gainer

dinner - either chicken fish or steak with veggies, rice

i assume the weight gainers will have to go, but i really dont wanna lose any weight, i wanna maintain my weight at 174 (more or less) and just take take the rest of the fat out of my stomach

right now im on Lean Xtreme, because i know that is a body composition formula instead of a weight loss formula so i thought i was good.
What is long term? And how much did your bodyfat % go up? Inches gained around your waist?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
What is long term? And how much did your bodyfat % go up? Inches gained around your waist?
not sure about the bodyfat percentage, but after 6 months or however long it was, i gained a half inch on my waist, i tried to stay clean for my bulk

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
1) PB is not meal
2) U never want to have fat before a workout, at least not as the main part of the meal. and refer back to #1. .
yea i used that cuz it was just so damn easy haha. what is ur favorite breakfast food?

how many carbs does that come out too? too many i would assume.
in a 4 scoop gainer thats about 100 g of carbs

umm ur gunna lose weight. and u shouldnt care. if ur losing fat ur weight will go down. stop worrying about the scale and worry about the mirror.
yea i just like how my arms got alot bigger, i wanna keep that.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
for breakfast I eat a shake consisting of 1 banana, 40g weigh, 1 cup oatmeal, 12oz milk, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1/2cup egg whites.

Plenty of protein and very complex carbs from oatmeal. Try something like that.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
for breakfast I eat a shake consisting of 1 banana, 40g weigh, 1 cup oatmeal, 12oz milk, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1/2cup egg whites.

Plenty of protein and very complex carbs from oatmeal. Try something like that.
yea oatmeal seems to be the choice for breakfast, i'll give it a try man, thanks

vector18

vector18

Awards
If you want to maintain your body weight, but lose body fat, take your weight gain
with breakfast and one in afternoon. Stay away from carbs at night before bed.
Oatmeal,eggs,PB,fish oil is good for breakfast. If you want to gain lean weight, eat
chicken and brown rice for lunch, steak and whole wheat pasta for dinner, plenty of
vegetables, and plenty of protein shakes. Make sure you have a carb as soon as your
finished working out and about 15 minutes after the carbs some protein.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
If you want to maintain your body weight, but lose body fat, take your weight gain
with breakfast and one in afternoon. Stay away from carbs at night before bed.
Oatmeal,eggs,PB,fish oil is good for breakfast. If you want to gain lean weight, eat
chicken and brown rice for lunch, steak and whole wheat pasta for dinner, plenty of
vegetables, and plenty of protein shakes. Make sure you have a carb as soon as your
finished working out and about 15 minutes after the carbs some protein.
yea i think i'll move my weight gainer to the morning and post workout. what would be a good before bed protein? should i go out and get some whey isolate? (i cant have casein cuz im lactose intolerant)

vector18

vector18

Awards
Does the casein powder have lactose in it even if you drink it with water?
If it does, perhaps drink a whey drink before bed and if you wake up to pee
or something in the middle of the night, take another one. I also use ZMA
before I go to bed.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
Does the casein powder have lactose in it even if you drink it with water?
If it does, perhaps drink a whey drink before bed and if you wake up to pee
or something in the middle of the night, take another one. I also use ZMA
before I go to bed.
casein is derived from milk just like whey, so yea i think i'll do the isolate before bed and after workout. keep my gainer in the morning. i wanted to get some ZMA as well, i would've today at the store but i didnt have the money after my Isopure

DenDestroys

Awards
casein is derived from milk just like whey, so yea i think i'll do the isolate before bed and after workout. keep my gainer in the morning. i wanted to get some ZMA as well, i would've today at the store but i didnt have the money after my Isopure
Whey Isolate goes to your muscles faster and then it is done. With casien it's ideal to drink that before bed, because when you're in a fasted state, the casien will be digested slowly, supplying your muscles with nourishment throughout most of the night. If you can't drink casien before bed, drink your whey protein with a glass of milk and eat a tablespoon of pb. Milk has casien protein in it, and the pb, being that it is fatty, will slower the digestion rate of the protein, so it takes longer to hit the muscles. Or, if you don't want to drink milk before bed, just simply eat a cup of cottage cheese with a tablespoon of pb; cottage cheese is a good, wholesome casien protein source.

I just ordered casien protein, although a bit pricey, I'll take that back to college with me and just have some before bed with some peanut butter or olive oil. (I don't want too many carbs before bed) It's also good to have some casien in your postworkout shake. Whey hits the muscles fast and then is done, casien will keep feeding your muscles for a while after. And this is when muscles need the protein the most.

Also, if I were you, and looking to trim up, I'd move my carbs around breakfast, preworkout and then postworkout. Depending how late you're eating dinner, I'd skip out on the rice.

EDIT: Nutraplanet has NOW Food's ZMA 180 caplets for 20 bucks, my local supplement store sells 90 caps for 20 bucks! Savings to be had at Nutra.

vector18

vector18

Awards
Dendestroys, I do believe he mentioned he's lactose intolerant?

DenDestroys

Awards
Dendestroys, I do believe he mentioned he's lactose intolerant?
Thanks, I see that now in post #9.

Juiced, has taking digestive enzymes or acidophilus ever helped you out any?

I know muscle milk is lactose free and has casien in it. And I would think a good bit since it's the first protein listed.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
Whey Isolate goes to your muscles faster and then it is done. With casien it's ideal to drink that before bed, because when you're in a fasted state, the casien will be digested slowly, supplying your muscles with nourishment throughout most of the night. If you can't drink casien before bed, drink your whey protein with a glass of milk and eat a tablespoon of pb. Milk has casien protein in it, and the pb, being that it is fatty, will slower the digestion rate of the protein, so it takes longer to hit the muscles. Or, if you don't want to drink milk before bed, just simply eat a cup of cottage cheese with a tablespoon of pb; cottage cheese is a good, wholesome casien protein source.

I just ordered casien protein, although a bit pricey, I'll take that back to college with me and just have some before bed with some peanut butter or olive oil. (I don't want too many carbs before bed) It's also good to have some casien in your postworkout shake. Whey hits the muscles fast and then is done, casien will keep feeding your muscles for a while after. And this is when muscles need the protein the most.

Also, if I were you, and looking to trim up, I'd move my carbs around breakfast, preworkout and then postworkout. Depending how late you're eating dinner, I'd skip out on the rice.

EDIT: Nutraplanet has NOW Food's ZMA 180 caplets for 20 bucks, my local supplement store sells 90 caps for 20 bucks! Savings to be had at Nutra.
yes yes i am going to eat oatmeal for breakfast along with some protein, then have some more carbs before workout, then a mix of some of my gainer and whey iso after workout. then thats all for the day for carbs. as for the before bed problem.. damn. i'm going to have to do some research on what i can do now, lactose intolerance sux, i want the best protein source possible!

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I see that now in post #9.

Juiced, has taking digestive enzymes or acidophilus ever helped you out any?

I know muscle milk is lactose free and has casien in it. And I would think a good bit since it's the first protein listed.
i've turned TERRIBLY lactose intolerant, those enzymes always dont do enough. end up on the toilet

vector18

vector18

Awards
What about Hemp protein, I do believe that is not as fast as whey but not as slow
as casein.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would highly suggest modified carb cycle with kind of a skipload twist on it,

pretty complecated but if your dedicated works well...

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I use liquid pasturized egg whites before bed. 1 cup is like 30g of protein and goes down quick/easy.

I've been going nuts on oatmeal and liquid egg whites...probably more than enough. It seems like I just feel different after consuming eggs than weigh protein.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
vector18

vector18

Awards
I use liquid pasturized egg whites before bed. 1 cup is like 30g of protein and goes down quick/easy.

I've been going nuts on oatmeal and liquid egg whites...probably more than enough. It seems like I just feel different after consuming eggs than weigh protein.
Monster, how much oatmeal do you eat? I usually just eat one serving
of oatmeal, a shake with liquid egg whites,greek no fat yogurt,whey protein,a banana,vegetable powder, and PB
in the AM.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Monster, how much oatmeal do you eat? I usually just eat one serving
of oatmeal, a shake with liquid egg whites,greek no fat yogurt,whey protein,a banana,vegetable powder, and PB
in the AM.
how much PB? and what type?

Ive been told several times its never good to combine all three macros in one meal (protein, carbs, fat) people will argue it though..

vector18

vector18

Awards
Just one teaspoon of

Creamy
Nutritional Information
Serving Size 2 TBSP (32g)
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving

Calories 200 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Potassium 190mg
Total Carb 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 1g
Protein 7g

Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Vitamin E 10%
Thiamin 8%
Niacin 20%
Folate 10%
Iron 0%

Not a significant source of dietary fiber, sugars, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron.

* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

1.3:1 ratio of Omega-6 to Omega 3. Omega-3: 1000mg/svg. Omega-6: 1300mg/svg.

Ingredients
PEANUTS, NATURAL OIL BLEND (FLAXSEED AND PALM OILS), SALT, MOLASSES

vector18

vector18

Awards
I haven't heard that not to eat the 3 macros in one meal. If thats true, what does
a 'balanced meal' mean than? What possible reasons do they have for not eating
carbs,protein,fats at once? Does one prohibit the digestion of the other??? What do
'they' suggest doing than? Eating what types of macros and when?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People think. Especially people who do dc training is when u combine fats with the carbs u increase fat storage. However fat can slow gastric emptying and reduce glycemic loads of food which is why its good to have fat in each meal

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I haven't heard that not to eat the 3 macros in one meal. If thats true, what does
a 'balanced meal' mean than? What possible reasons do they have for not eating
carbs,protein,fats at once? Does one prohibit the digestion of the other??? What do
'they' suggest doing than? Eating what types of macros and when?
Once protein and essential fatty acids needs are met, you can be pretty flexible in meeting the rest of your caloric requirement. Ultimately, assuming the essentials are in place, total calorie intake determines weight gain/loss. The composition of those calories is FAR less important than many people think. It may be easier to control calories with a protein/fat or protein/carb meal structure, but in the end, total energy intake is what counts.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Naturally More PB is the best, hands down...

I know there is alot of room to argue on what and when to eat this and that, I have very trusty and resourceful ends on both sides of the spectrum...Ive been following the Caveman Diet for so long now that a good serving of carbs almost puts me in a 'carb comma'

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
NEW/IMPROVED DIET!

breakfast - 2 scoop weight gainer/1 scoop isopure(zerocarb) with lacteid milk or soy

lunch - chicken

pre w.o. - chicken breast sliced on whole wheat bread

post workout - same as breakfast, gets me 40 g complex carbs, 60 g protein

dinner - assortment of fish, chicken, steak..

prebed - eggs or isopure depending on availability

carbs around - 125-175 g
protein - 260+ g
fat - very very low.

like??

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
DC guys and then scivation guys butt heads then. Lobliner says to eat fats at every meal to slow down digestion and stay leaner. the dc guys say don't mix carbs and fat.

do what you want. just keep your calories under maintenance.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NEW/IMPROVED DIET!

breakfast - 2 scoop weight gainer/1 scoop isopure(zerocarb) with lacteid milk or soy

lunch - chicken

carbs around - 125-175 g
protein - 260+ g
fat - very very low.

like??

unless your "enhanced" i would not go very very low fat dues to hormone production and maintaining healthy cholesterol levels

i would have half your body weight in fat and if your gaining cut back on carbs or just add more post workout and remove from other poarts of the day.

youll find yourself hungry on a diet like that

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
Avoid shakes as much as possible if you want to make better progress. Ronnie is paid to drink all that sh*t in his videos, most bigs avoid them apart from post wo. And you want to be eating meat before bed if you're lactose intolerant, eggs aren't too bad, steak would be best. I think you need things spoon fed to you at this point... so check this one out for simplicity... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

BTW: And while on the topic of shakes... how many of you just assume a scoop is a serving? Weigh one out and I think you'll be pretty surprised. Its not...

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
Avoid shakes as much as possible if you want to make better progress. Ronnie is paid to drink all that sh*t in his videos, most bigs avoid them apart from post wo. And you want to be eating meat before bed if you're lactose intolerant, eggs aren't too bad, steak would be best. I think you need things spoon fed to you at this point... so check this one out for simplicity... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

BTW: And while on the topic of shakes... how many of you just assume a scoop is a serving? Weigh one out and I think you'll be pretty surprised. Its not...
perfect site man! i went through his calculator and fixed my diet up to be in range for all the daily grams. i will try to get the meat toward the end of the day like u said, just sometimes the convenience (for my wallet) is to go with another shake, kinda sux

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
NEW/IMPROVED DIET!

lunch - chicken

carbs around - 125-175 g
protein - 260+ g
fat - very very low.

like??
Id throw in something fatty & protein between post WO and dinner..

I always use 2-3 scoops

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Ive been told several times its never good to combine all three macros in one meal (protein, carbs, fat) people will argue it though..
yeah ive heard that too. i asked dave P. and his he said, protein and fat should be included with every meal and carbs as needed.. he didnt buy into it at all.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
yeah ive heard that too. i asked dave P. and his he said, protein and fat should be included with every meal and carbs as needed.. he didnt buy into it at all.
yea fukk carbs, who needs them?
:laugh2::laugh2:

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
then i guess i wont tell u that im uppint it to a 300g next week.. ssshhhh lol