Can Taurine help with acne?
- 08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
- 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I did a query for taurine and ended up on acne.org with some good reports, and some not so good. It seems for some people Taurine cleared up acne temporarily for about a week.
SOme people are combining MSM & Taurine 1gram MSM, 2grams Taurine everday, but your diet should be clean as well.
Here is what I use to do and I had acne really bad.
1. get 1/4, or 1/2 cup oatmeal and wash your face with it. DO not dry it off, let it dry on your face as it tightens pours
2. Start surfing.. Nothing ever made my face so clear as a weekend surfing, the salt water, the sun, the stress relief, made my face so clear it was unbelieveable.
3. DO NOT pick your face. A dermatologist told me its the oils in our fingers that get trapped which can cause acne, so you reduce the zit count if you dont touch them.
4. If you have really bad acne you may want to get on Accutane. I did it and it worked.
I had to take a blood test every month to check my cholesterol levels, and my skin got dry, I mean "glazed donut" dry. This happened to me while in high school but its all good, this duck turned into a swan afterwards my friend
I hope this helps.. Oh try and wash your face every few hours, nothing hardcore, just wash off the oils you know.. SOme soap, hot water, rinse, then rinse with cold water to tighten up the pours.
Oh!! Get Neutrogena soap, or a glycerine soap, that works really nice.
Hope this helps.
08-17-2009, 03:06 PM
08-17-2009, 03:28 PM
08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
It's likely the MSM that is doing it, rather than the Taurine.
Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Isnt there a soap RPN makes for acne? Maybe that coupled with a good diet, and MSM is a good plan of attack?
I would thrown everything at it when it comes to acne or any body issues..
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
08-17-2009, 03:47 PM
08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
A maintenance dose of B5 has always done the trick for me, although I never suffered from major outbreaks. NOW Food's Pantothenic Acid (B5) is a good deal.
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Im pretty sure only a megadose of B5 could have any effect, its like an Accutane effect of megadosing vit A. supposed to dry out the sebaceous glands in a similar way. So rubberring you are probably wasting your time with the B5/placebo effect.
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
08-17-2009, 05:40 PM
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
08-17-2009, 05:52 PM
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By FatalFunnel in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
- By DaveMcNaul in forum AnabolicsReplies: 24Last Post: 06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
- By purebred in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 33Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
- By theJmad in forum SupplementsReplies: 25Last Post: 03-05-2009, 01:34 AM