Can Taurine help with acne?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I suffer from acne. About 2 or 3 months ago I was taking taurine more frequently, then I stopped taking it as much and now I'm getting acne more frequently.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
I did a query for taurine and ended up on acne.org with some good reports, and some not so good. It seems for some people Taurine cleared up acne temporarily for about a week.
SOme people are combining MSM & Taurine 1gram MSM, 2grams Taurine everday, but your diet should be clean as well.

Here is what I use to do and I had acne really bad.
1. get 1/4, or 1/2 cup oatmeal and wash your face with it. DO not dry it off, let it dry on your face as it tightens pours
2. Start surfing.. Nothing ever made my face so clear as a weekend surfing, the salt water, the sun, the stress relief, made my face so clear it was unbelieveable.
3. DO NOT pick your face. A dermatologist told me its the oils in our fingers that get trapped which can cause acne, so you reduce the zit count if you dont touch them.
4. If you have really bad acne you may want to get on Accutane. I did it and it worked.
I had to take a blood test every month to check my cholesterol levels, and my skin got dry, I mean "glazed donut" dry. This happened to me while in high school but its all good, this duck turned into a swan afterwards my friend ;)

I hope this helps.. Oh try and wash your face every few hours, nothing hardcore, just wash off the oils you know.. SOme soap, hot water, rinse, then rinse with cold water to tighten up the pours.

Oh!! Get Neutrogena soap, or a glycerine soap, that works really nice.
Hope this helps.
MK9

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm interested too. Does anyone have experience with taurine and acne?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's likely the MSM that is doing it, rather than the Taurine.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Dsade,
Isnt there a soap RPN makes for acne? Maybe that coupled with a good diet, and MSM is a good plan of attack?
I would thrown everything at it when it comes to acne or any body issues..
MK9

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade,
Isnt there a soap RPN makes for acne? Maybe that coupled with a good diet, and MSM is a good plan of attack?
I would thrown everything at it when it comes to acne or any body issues..
MK9
MSM, the Banish line, and a good systemic antioxidant will do wonders for acne.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Lots of fish oil will also help, 12-15 grams a day

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was on accutane three times and still get acne.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A maintenance dose of B5 has always done the trick for me, although I never suffered from major outbreaks. NOW Food's Pantothenic Acid (B5) is a good deal.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Im pretty sure only a megadose of B5 could have any effect, its like an Accutane effect of megadosing vit A. supposed to dry out the sebaceous glands in a similar way. So rubberring you are probably wasting your time with the B5/placebo effect.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im pretty sure only a megadose of B5 could have any effect, its like an Accutane effect of megadosing vit A. supposed to dry out the sebaceous glands in a similar way. So rubberring you are probably wasting your time with the B5/placebo effect.
You should check PubMed and take a look at the Leung study. There's little doubt B5 increases coenzyme-A. Also, a mega-dose isn't taken indefinitely. I loaded with B5 a couple of years ago during a cycle, and stayed with it for 6 weeks. I take 2 gram maintenance dose daily now, and I can assure you it's no placebo.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
You should check PubMed and take a look at the Leung study. There's little doubt B5 increases coenzyme-A. Also, a mega-dose isn't taken indefinitely. I loaded with B5 a couple of years ago during a cycle, and stayed with it for 6 weeks. I take 2 gram maintenance dose daily now, and I can assure you it's no placebo.
So you did megadose it. Thats what I was trying to get at. Your original post said just maintenance dose.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you did megadose it. Thats what I was trying to get at. Your original post said just maintenance dose.
WTF??? You guys can't read my thoughts? What's wrong with you?

Yeah, I was unclear on that. My mistake.:lol: