Egg Shells and Joint Health

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
that sounds great, but how do you consume it? grind it up real good and snort it? eat the egg whole with the shell? hahaha

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
that sounds great, but how do you consume it? grind it up real good and snort it? eat the egg whole with the shell? hahaha
I've just been trying to find an old Weider mag with Bruce Lee's diet written for him by some nutrition guru from those times.

His protein shakes consisted of a protein powder, probably one of Joe Weiders formulas, and whole eggs but the whole eggs meant shell as well!!!! :D

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
let me know if you find a good way to eat them. we all throw away so many shells id love to know how to use them right

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
Can your stomach break down egg shells? i would think it would have to be ground down super super fine.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Can your stomach break down egg shells? i would think it would have to be ground down super super fine.
nah it cant digest them like that, it definitely needs to be ground up brotha

J

jim623

My dad raised game chickens for many years, he would keep crushed oyster shells in the pens for the hens to eat. Oyster shells are very high in calcium, and in eating the oyster shell the eggs that the hens laid had super hard shells. Long story short, egg shells have a very high calcium content.

M

MegaCalf

Awards
A company named Membrell manufactures eggshell supplements.

S

SamuraiSid

Awards
I've just been trying to find an old Weider mag with Bruce Lee's diet written for him by some nutrition guru from those times.

His protein shakes consisted of a protein powder, probably one of Joe Weiders formulas, and whole eggs but the whole eggs meant shell as well!!!! :D
A quote from Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body
The contents of Lee's high-protein drink varied, but could have consisted of several of these ingredients at any given time:
- noninstant powdered milk
- water or juice
- ice cubes
- 2 eggs - sometimes with their shells
- 1tbsp wheat germ, or wheat oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- banana
- 1tbsp brewer's yeast
- inositol
- lecithin

Linda [bruce's wife] maintains that she never had a set recipe for preparing the above drink...
And a quote from Bruce Lee, himself from the aformentioned book:
Add peanuts, eggs with shells and banana into the powder with milk...

Of personal opinion, the egg shell is organic, and intended to protect the embryo from the environment, so I would assume that, as long as you clean the bird shyte/ chemical shyte off of it first, it would do more good than bad...

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Man I gag if I get a tiny piece in my scrambled eggs. I guess if it was ground to a powder, you'd never know it was there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Prince IronMag Labs 0
GreenMachineX Nutrition / Health 21
Brocodeout69 Nutrition / Health 71
WesleyInman Supplements 75