check my diet

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
im 5'11 185 lbs fairly low bf% looking to lean out a tad but main goal is to put on some mass
can someone critique my diet and offer ideal protein/carb/fat/calorie intakes for a 185 lb kid?
this is what the diet im arranging looks like:

1 2 serv wheaties, 1 serv skim milk, 1 serv wheat germ
Pre-WO Protein Shake, 1 serv skim milk, 5g glutamine, BCAA
Post-WO Protein Shake with 5g glutamine
2 2 Can of Tuna
*3* Protein shake (this is optional/yet to be decided upon)
4 1 serv oatmeal, 1 serv wheat germ
5 4 Egg whites
6 1 serv 3oz chicken, v8 fusion
7 Protein Shake, CLA, GABA

totals are: 281g protein, 191g carb, 30g fat, 2338 calories

have not started, to be started when i start college

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
im 5'11 185 lbs fairly low bf% looking to lean out a tad but main goal is to put on some mass
can someone critique my diet and offer ideal protein/carb/fat/calorie intakes for a 185 lb kid?
this is what the diet im arranging looks like:

1 2 serv wheaties, 1 serv skim milk, 1 serv wheat germ
Pre-WO Protein Shake, 1 serv skim milk, 5g glutamine, BCAA
Post-WO Protein Shake with 5g glutamine
2 2 Can of Tuna
*3* Protein shake (this is optional/yet to be decided upon)
4 1 serv oatmeal, 1 serv wheat germ
5 4 Egg whites
6 1 serv 3oz chicken, v8 fusion
7 Protein Shake, CLA, GABA

totals are: 281g protein, 191g carb, 30g fat, 2338 calories

have not started, to be started when i start college
An ideal ratio for macro's really is dependent on your personal physiology. I maintain the best body composition in relation to gains at ~25% fats. If you're maintaining an ideal body composition at ~15% fats I'd probably assume you respond better to a high carb diet.

IMO 2338 calories a day is not enough to put on mass unless you're insanely mesomorphic. At 5'9 and 145 pounds, I need about 2700 calories just to maintain my body weight; this is after losing 10 lbs of mass in the past month and a half because of injuries preventing lifting. If i want to gain and maintain i need to consume about 3500 calories daily.

I would suggest bumping up your intake to at least 2700 cals for a start. If your macros are working for you in the ratios you've posted, I would suggest keeping them the same. If your composition starts slipping you might want to lower your CHO and up your fat ratio, but everyone's body responds differently so you're going to have to find your own balance.

As far as your diet is concerned, I would swap out your morning wheaties for oatmeal. IMO i think you should incorporate more greens and do not be afraid of red meat. I would try to rely on protein shakes as little as possible, whole food will always be better for you.