Sick & Losing Weight

  1. Advanced Member
    AnthonyIOSOS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%

    Sick & Losing Weight


    I have been sick for 8 days. Stomach pain accompanied with diarrhea, fever, soar throat, congestion, etc. I worked so hard in the gym for the last two years and I feel like everything worked for is almost gone. Have not been able to diet, supplement or train. 7 Pounds down.

    Has anyone gone through this and made a awesome comeback? I have Brand New bottles of Green Bulge ad White Blood waiting for me. Hopefully I can get back to where I was. I feel like skin and bones.

  2. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3791
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    yea brother Ive been there a few times. Take in BCAA's wth water but stay away from whey or anything dairy. You have only been sick for a week, you might look smaller than usual but the muscle isnt gone trust me. The body is just a little catabolic right now and not very swole, once the diet kicks back in you will be ok. **** I go to music festivals and eat twice in 4 days and then come back home and recover just fine. Try to get your calories in any way you can, lots of citrus fruits, chicken soup. Anything that you think will digest quick and easy. Most important thing is drinking tons of water, it will flush the sickness out much quicker.
  3. Advanced Member
    AnthonyIOSOS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yea brother Ive been there a few times. Take in BCAA's wth water but stay away from whey or anything dairy. You have only been sick for a week, you might look smaller than usual but the muscle isnt gone trust me. The body is just a little catabolic right now and not very swole, once the diet kicks back in you will be ok. **** I go to music festivals and eat twice in 4 days and then come back home and recover just fine. Try to get your calories in any way you can, lots of citrus fruits, chicken soup. Anything that you think will digest quick and easy. Most important thing is drinking tons of water, it will flush the sickness out much quicker.
    I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I guess I'll start a whole new routine. Hopefully I get that momentum back.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    swollwilliams's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    5.09%

    my man, don't sweat it. alot of that 7 lbs. is water weight, especially if you have diahrea. you will bounce back quickly. 8 days seems like an eternity when you are a gym rat, but you will bounce back quickly. keep putting the fluids in, try and eat a little something whenever possible, and just worry about getting healthy. the weight will come right back, as will the strength. you can't lose 7 lbs. of lean muscle mass in 8 days. hang in there-
  5. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3791
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I guess I'll start a whole new routine. Hopefully I get that momentum back.
    Ahh i know where you are... freshly gained weight fluctuating every day. Feels like if you dont eat for a day you will shrink to nothing right? It takes a couple years for your new weight to become more stable, a new body mass set - point. Honestly dude you have nothing to worry about. Eat whatever food you can right now and once the sickness is over and then eat some huge quality meals and you'll be back. This is a temporary 1-2 week sickness you are not dying you know. Use the down time to do more research, learn about more food more exercises etc..
  6. Advanced Member
    AnthonyIOSOS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%

    It has been 11 days and I feel much better. All my symptoms are gone except for a minor sore throat and some diarrhea here and there. I lost close to 9 pounds and look much smaller but more cut, lol. I guess its all that water.

    I am going to attempt to get back on supplements today and start the week off with chest. I just hope this is the end of everything.
  7. New Member
    hailrazor's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    70
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    58.5%

    don't forget about muscle memory! you'll gain those 7 pounds back within the next 5-7 weeks probably. a tip for when you are sick: try eating poridge. mix oatmeal and your fav. proteinpowder with a little water and cook it on low heat in a pot. feel free to add anything like nuts and different kinds of berries but i reccomend starting with only oats and p.powder and see how your stomach reacts. there you have nice protein and compley carbs. other then taht eat some broccoli every now and then aswell as some blueberries beacause they have a lot of antioxidants which will help fight off the bacteria. also a great thing to do is having a serving of aminos every couple of hours. helps retain muscle and also is good for becoming well sooner
  8. Advanced Member
    AnthonyIOSOS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    485
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    82.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by hailrazor View Post
    don't forget about muscle memory! you'll gain those 7 pounds back within the next 5-7 weeks probably. a tip for when you are sick: try eating poridge. mix oatmeal and your fav. proteinpowder with a little water and cook it on low heat in a pot. feel free to add anything like nuts and different kinds of berries but i reccomend starting with only oats and p.powder and see how your stomach reacts. there you have nice protein and compley carbs. other then taht eat some broccoli every now and then aswell as some blueberries beacause they have a lot of antioxidants which will help fight off the bacteria. also a great thing to do is having a serving of aminos every couple of hours. helps retain muscle and also is good for becoming well sooner
    Thanks for the comments. I am feeling much better and back in the gym. Gained alot of weight back, however, still not as strong on the bench and squat. Just have to work back up.
  9. New Member
    Kevin R's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    433
    Rep Power
    294
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    78.44%

    Just give it a few weeks and you will fully recover. I would say it is similar to people who try to diet by fasting for a week or two. The minute they stick food back in their mouths all of the weight comes right back. GL
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Losing Weight Without Losing Muscle
    By SimplyDraven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 04:07 AM
  2. I need help losing weight....
    By shmerica in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
  3. New here, losing weight.
    By 03SVTCobra in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
  4. Losing weight?!?
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 05:03 PM
  5. Losing a Lot of weight after m1t..
    By Rebel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in