Sick & Losing Weight

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I have been sick for 8 days. Stomach pain accompanied with diarrhea, fever, soar throat, congestion, etc. I worked so hard in the gym for the last two years and I feel like everything worked for is almost gone. Have not been able to diet, supplement or train. 7 Pounds down.

Has anyone gone through this and made a awesome comeback? I have Brand New bottles of Green Bulge ad White Blood waiting for me. Hopefully I can get back to where I was. I feel like skin and bones.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea brother Ive been there a few times. Take in BCAA's wth water but stay away from whey or anything dairy. You have only been sick for a week, you might look smaller than usual but the muscle isnt gone trust me. The body is just a little catabolic right now and not very swole, once the diet kicks back in you will be ok. **** I go to music festivals and eat twice in 4 days and then come back home and recover just fine. Try to get your calories in any way you can, lots of citrus fruits, chicken soup. Anything that you think will digest quick and easy. Most important thing is drinking tons of water, it will flush the sickness out much quicker.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
yea brother Ive been there a few times. Take in BCAA's wth water but stay away from whey or anything dairy. You have only been sick for a week, you might look smaller than usual but the muscle isnt gone trust me. The body is just a little catabolic right now and not very swole, once the diet kicks back in you will be ok. **** I go to music festivals and eat twice in 4 days and then come back home and recover just fine. Try to get your calories in any way you can, lots of citrus fruits, chicken soup. Anything that you think will digest quick and easy. Most important thing is drinking tons of water, it will flush the sickness out much quicker.
I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I guess I'll start a whole new routine. Hopefully I get that momentum back.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
my man, don't sweat it. alot of that 7 lbs. is water weight, especially if you have diahrea. you will bounce back quickly. 8 days seems like an eternity when you are a gym rat, but you will bounce back quickly. keep putting the fluids in, try and eat a little something whenever possible, and just worry about getting healthy. the weight will come right back, as will the strength. you can't lose 7 lbs. of lean muscle mass in 8 days. hang in there-

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I guess I'll start a whole new routine. Hopefully I get that momentum back.
Ahh i know where you are... freshly gained weight fluctuating every day. Feels like if you dont eat for a day you will shrink to nothing right? It takes a couple years for your new weight to become more stable, a new body mass set - point. Honestly dude you have nothing to worry about. Eat whatever food you can right now and once the sickness is over and then eat some huge quality meals and you'll be back. This is a temporary 1-2 week sickness you are not dying you know. Use the down time to do more research, learn about more food more exercises etc..

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
It has been 11 days and I feel much better. All my symptoms are gone except for a minor sore throat and some diarrhea here and there. I lost close to 9 pounds and look much smaller but more cut, lol. I guess its all that water.

I am going to attempt to get back on supplements today and start the week off with chest. I just hope this is the end of everything.

hailrazor

Awards
don't forget about muscle memory! you'll gain those 7 pounds back within the next 5-7 weeks probably. a tip for when you are sick: try eating poridge. mix oatmeal and your fav. proteinpowder with a little water and cook it on low heat in a pot. feel free to add anything like nuts and different kinds of berries but i reccomend starting with only oats and p.powder and see how your stomach reacts. there you have nice protein and compley carbs. other then taht eat some broccoli every now and then aswell as some blueberries beacause they have a lot of antioxidants which will help fight off the bacteria. also a great thing to do is having a serving of aminos every couple of hours. helps retain muscle and also is good for becoming well sooner

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
don't forget about muscle memory! you'll gain those 7 pounds back within the next 5-7 weeks probably. a tip for when you are sick: try eating poridge. mix oatmeal and your fav. proteinpowder with a little water and cook it on low heat in a pot. feel free to add anything like nuts and different kinds of berries but i reccomend starting with only oats and p.powder and see how your stomach reacts. there you have nice protein and compley carbs. other then taht eat some broccoli every now and then aswell as some blueberries beacause they have a lot of antioxidants which will help fight off the bacteria. also a great thing to do is having a serving of aminos every couple of hours. helps retain muscle and also is good for becoming well sooner
Thanks for the comments. I am feeling much better and back in the gym. Gained alot of weight back, however, still not as strong on the bench and squat. Just have to work back up.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Just give it a few weeks and you will fully recover. I would say it is similar to people who try to diet by fasting for a week or two. The minute they stick food back in their mouths all of the weight comes right back. GL