Sandwich left out w/mayo on it...Safe to eat?

Richard Gears

Richard Gears

Banned
Awards
I ordered some Quiznos today...Bout 10 am. I ate one of the subs and then went downstairs to Tan and SFW. So its 2:30 now and the sandwich was sitting in my Air conditioned Hotel room for 2.5 hrs, aprox 68 degrees in here.

Do you think my Sammich is good to go? Smells ok but not sure what spoiled Mayo smells like.

K Thanks,

Richard

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
I've eaten them like that after 12 hours before...

Richard Gears

Richard Gears

Banned
Awards
ha. Stomach feels fine. Hopefully i dont sh*t myself this evening.

Thanks for the help fellas.

spartan300

Awards
dont really remember but when i took a first aid class i think the rule was only a couple of hours

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dont really remember but when i took a first aid class i think the rule was only a couple of hours
couple hours in what degree temp? 68 is pretty damned cold. standard restaurant room temp is 72.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I'd eat it. I have the two indian friends, they're brothers and I remember when I was in high school I went over to their house a lot after school. They used to leave the mayonaise out on the table all day long. I never ate the mayo at their house again. But they did and they never got sick. We still joke about them leaving the mayo out all day.

dpfisher

I don't like mayo, it's just gross. But yeah otherwise I'd probably eat it. Nothing makes me sick though.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'll EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My 86 year old father in law leaves ketchup, mayo, dressing in his magazine rack next to his recliner since he eats infront of the TV. It seems gross, but he hasn't gotten sick. Have you ever eaten day old pizza after a late night pizza run and passed out with it on the table? If it don't stink, eat it. Even if there is anything small growing on it, it will help build your immune system. Down the hatch with it.