Recomp: Dedicated but Frustrated- please help - AnabolicMinds.com

Recomp: Dedicated but Frustrated- please help

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Recomp: Dedicated but Frustrated- please help

Hey everyone-

I am trying to lose some extra fat while keeping or gaining muscle (like everyone else). I been at my current routine for just under 2 months and I haven't seen any significant progress in the mirror. I am getting a bit frustrated because I have tried a number of different strategies over the years and have not achieved the kind of leanness that I would like (single digit BF).

My current routine is as follows:

Stats: 26 yo M, 210 lbs, 6'3'' BF 13-15% (estimate) calipers 2 in above ASIS 10-12mm. Chub concentrated on chest, lower abs.

Workouts: lifting 3x per week total body each time. Mostly consisting of Squat, Deadlift, Pull ups, bench, shoulder press, core etc. Trying to work as much muscle as possible in roughly an hour--I have a busy schedule. Cardio is ad lib. I do some road biking on the weekends, elliptical and a fair amount of walking (lots of hills where I live) during the week.

Nutrition: Between 2600-3000 kcal per day. I keep track on dailyplate. Macros are about 50-P, 20-30-F, 30-20-C. Higher carbs on workout days. Standard BB fare. Chicken, oatmeal, egg whites, eggs, peanut butter, avocado, protein powder, flax, etc.

Supplements: Basics, MV, Fish Oil, joint support, creatine mono, lots of protein powder, some muscle milk.

Most of the stuff I read about why people fail at this has to do with lack of discipline (eating a box of donughts, etc.) This is not my problem. I have been following some sort of workout/diet plan for years, I prepare virtually all of my food, and I track my calories everyday. I don't have cravings for crap food. I have cravings for leanness.

Prior to this routine I was on a CKD with calories around 2000/day for about 4 months. I know that the calories were too low and my metabolism probably slowed. Could my metabolism still be slow from this?

I have actually gained about 5 lbs during this routine and have gotten stronger so this can be good. I don't think I have gotten significantly fatter and the calipers agree but I am not seeing any additional leanness either. At this point, I would rather be getting lean than big and strong.

I will stop here so I don't bore everyone. Any troublesooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Senior Member

just leting you know, you wil get alot of different answers.

but one thing you can add for sure is an ephedrine/caffeine/asprin stack.

it will help you burn fat and retain muscle

also cla and green tea extract.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

add in HIIT on your non workout days, and limit carbs after doing HIIT. or do the HIIT fasted AM, and stick with your normal diet.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Hey everyone-

I am trying to lose some extra fat while keeping or gaining muscle (like everyone else). I been at my current routine for just under 2 months and I haven't seen any significant progress in the mirror. I am getting a bit frustrated because I have tried a number of different strategies over the years and have not achieved the kind of leanness that I would like (single digit BF).

My current routine is as follows:

Stats: 26 yo M, 210 lbs, 6'3'' BF 13-15% (estimate) calipers 2 in above ASIS 10-12mm. Chub concentrated on chest, lower abs.

Workouts: lifting 3x per week total body each time. Mostly consisting of Squat, Deadlift, Pull ups, bench, shoulder press, core etc. Trying to work as much muscle as possible in roughly an hour--I have a busy schedule. Cardio is ad lib. I do some road biking on the weekends, elliptical and a fair amount of walking (lots of hills where I live) during the week.

Nutrition: Between 2600-3000 kcal per day. I keep track on dailyplate. Macros are about 50-P, 20-30-F, 30-20-C. Higher carbs on workout days. Standard BB fare. Chicken, oatmeal, egg whites, eggs, peanut butter, avocado, protein powder, flax, etc.

Supplements: Basics, MV, Fish Oil, joint support, creatine mono, lots of protein powder, some muscle milk.

Most of the stuff I read about why people fail at this has to do with lack of discipline (eating a box of donughts, etc.) This is not my problem. I have been following some sort of workout/diet plan for years, I prepare virtually all of my food, and I track my calories everyday. I don't have cravings for crap food. I have cravings for leanness.

Prior to this routine I was on a CKD with calories around 2000/day for about 4 months. I know that the calories were too low and my metabolism probably slowed. Could my metabolism still be slow from this?

I have actually gained about 5 lbs during this routine and have gotten stronger so this can be good. I don't think I have gotten significantly fatter and the calipers agree but I am not seeing any additional leanness either. At this point, I would rather be getting lean than big and strong.

I will stop here so I don't bore everyone. Any troublesooting advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I say drop a couple hundred cals/ per day. Or at least rotate them so you have say 2 days at 2600, 1 day at 3000, then repeat. Why did you stop the CKD? You could have just upped the total cals if 2000 was too low for you.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to rock some hiit in the am on non workout days and drop the cals to 2600 on those days.

Do you guys just google for ephedra? If I go this way, it would be nice to get a reputable brand. If I am not allowed to ask this, I am sorry.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

if weight loss has stopped there are two variables to play with

calories -- less of them
    cardio --- more of it

no secret answers
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

ya you seem to be working out fine but limit the carbs and i say shoot for 2000-2200 cals a day you arent going to lose muscle
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Really? 2000 cal/day at 210 lbs sounds rough. That is the mistake that I have made in the past. I got down to 185 lbs a couple years ago but I was super weak, it was bad times.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd say add in HIIT or Metabolic Circuits and cut cals on your off days (keeping them where they are for lifting days).
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Thanks everybody. I'm gonna start with tighter cals on off days and some hiit (walking up a big ass hill) in the am. I don't wanna change too much all at once. All things considered, I am doing fairly well. I may have freaked out a bit yesterday, this stuff just gets to your head sometimes.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

do interval sprints up that big ass hill of yours

Similar Forum Threads

1. 3-4 months into dedicated training
    By singlejm in forum Pics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
  2. Now this is a dedicated Used Car Salesman!!
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
  3. Dedicated Believers
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
  4. dedicated to exnihilo
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 05:08 PM
  5. Giveaway to one dedicated member!!