3 Day Fat Shredding Diet - AnabolicMinds.com

3 Day Fat Shredding Diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

3 Day Fat Shredding Diet

Thought that title would get people's attention...... Anyways I remember back when I was in college one weekend I had breakfast on a Friday morning and was so broke I literally ate nothing for two days. I remember waking up Monday morning starving, but my six pack was shredded. Does anyone think a carefully planned three day stint of no food intake and exercise can help burn a significant amount of fat from your body?

2. Senior Member

if you find this magical diet, pm me.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    Thought that title would get people's attention...... Anyways I remember back when I was in college one weekend I had breakfast on a Friday morning and was so broke I literally ate nothing for two days. I remember waking up Monday morning starving, but my six pack was shredded. Does anyone think a carefully planned three day stint of no food intake and exercise can help burn a significant amount of fat from your body?
    No (and it's not the most sensible thing to do either). Plus, if you are exercising excessively then you are going to burn more muscle than fat during that period.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Lyle McDonald had a quick fat loss book, I never read much into it because it was a near starvation diet.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I was thinking about doing this for 3 days, and taking strictly protein.... like isopure. I would probly take 1 in the morning, and then have one post workout to try and prevent muscle degradation. But not eating anything else and doing a pretty heavy lifting/cardio routine for 3 days straight.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I think it is pretty dumb personally. If you are going to do something that drastic like a liquid diet, why not at least take in 1-1.5g/lb in protein shakes? Something you have to remember, as Rosie pointed out, when on a starvation diet, you lose a larger proportion of muscle to fat. That's why when someone that is rather large loses a lot of weight on starvation type diet, their muscle completely goes away. Then when they gain weight back, there is more fat gain than initially, since the ratio of muscle is lower. There is a school of thought out about intermitant fasting protocols, like fasting for 18 hours, then getting in your daily requirements in the other 6 hours. The problem with 2 protein shakes in 24 hrs is that's no where close to being adequate. A pretty heavy lifting and cardio workout on severly restricted starvation calories is dumb. By the end of day 2, if you go as hard as you indicate, you will probably wish you were just dead, or at least feel like it.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

man i remember those days. college is such a good time but the money issues can really get to you. trying to work out was always a challenge: either eat sh#t cafe food or go to discount food store and get ginormous roided chicken breasts and $1 a pack hash browns lol
  8. New Member

No. You were shredded because of less water retention.
  9. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

this fat guy at the gym loses 25 pounds in 3 days all the time.

everytime he gets back on track he will eat less, take the hollywood drink and do 4 hour workouts.

i keep telling him its just the just in his intestines that cleared out and water weight and that he probably did not even lose a pound in fat,

but he insists that its all fat.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  10. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

once you stopped eating you lost water weight. carb depletion=water loss=shredded

dont fool yourself, if anything a fast will shred your muscle which =lower metabolism.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

not a great idea imo

and as already said you prob lost water.
    Carbs cause the body to hold water so as a result of starving yourself all that water would have been flushed out and as a result you probably lost a couple of lbs and the loss of subQ water retention would have brought out your abs

not a good idea
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Well how few carbs should I take in per day to get shredded like that again?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Well why don't you post up what your typical daily diet is and let us go from there. There are too many variables we don't know about to give you effective advice on how few carbs to take in.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Look up V Diet (velocity diet) or the anabolic diet. I did 3 weeks on the v diet with great results, Much better than not eating. Takes a lot of Will. Good luck!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Look up V Diet (velocity diet) or the anabolic diet. I did 3 weeks on the v diet with great results, Much better than not eating. Takes a lot of Will. Good luck!
    How much muscle did you lose?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  260 lbs.

On a related, but slightly different topic:

A one (or two) day cleanse once or twice a year can be very good for your overall health and wellbeing.

There are many different types of cleanses, but the kind I like involves mixing up a beverage of water and cranberry juice and a few other herbs, and you don't eat any food but just sip this beverage throughout the day.

You can do this for a day or a weekend. The concept is to give your internal organs, especially your liver, a break from all the hard work they are usually doing.

You won't lose any muscle in a day. I'm amazed how terrified so many in the iron game are of losing an ounce of muscle, so MUST CONSUME LOTS OF PROTEIN every day. Yes, protein is very important, no doubt, but having a day or two A YEAR where you have no protein is actually a good thing.

Do a Google/Yahoo/Bing search on “cleanse OR cleansing”. You'll be amazed how much energy you will have on the fast day(s).

Burning some extra body fat would be a bonus, but isn't the main point of a cleanse.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shredding that final bit of fat
    By Docmattic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
  2. shredding the hell up
    By SeanyK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
  3. DCP/Recreate- Nightsides Shredding log
    By nightside1234 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 12:01 PM
  4. Need help with cutting/shredding cycle.
    By Kevboom in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM
  5. is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?
    By iwinulose2980 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:49 PM