Beef patties nutrition facts

MattD1

Awards
while i'm trying to cut, i've decided to try the cycled keto diet. i understand the emphasis on foods high in fat. i just picked up some beef patties from the supermarket and i was wondering if these are a little too fatty? these things look, taste, and smell like trouble.:surprised:

Calories:370
Total Fat:29g
Sat. Fat:13g
Trans Fat:2g
Cholesterol:65mg
Sodium:650mg
Carbs:6g
Protein:16g

20 of them for 6 bucks.. lol
Looks like %100 cow lard.

DenDestroys

Awards
I'm pretty positive I purchased the same ones. Once I seen the transfat I stored them away in the freezer for somebody else to have. Then went out and got myself some 80/20 ground beef.

I'm wondering if the ground beef I buy in the raw at the store has trans fat as well, but just don't bother to list it on the nutrition label.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What is your daily macros? How much pro/fat do you need each meal? To me it seems like you would need to eat 2.5-3 to get enough protein for the meal, and that is quite a bit of fat.

I personally just get lean GB and make my own burgers. I feel better getting my fats from cleaner sources. It is also easier to stay ontop of/control how much fat i am taking in.

MattD1

Awards
yeah i think i'm going to ditch these. did you try one? IMO they taste like salty rubber..

DenDestroys

Awards
yeah i think i'm going to ditch these. did you try one? IMO they taste like salty rubber..
Nope. I read the label on the box and never bothered to open them. I'm with imprezivr6 on this one; it's much easier to get leaner meats when on this diet, than the fatty ones. It gets pretty tough trying to get your needed protein for the day when you have a much higher surge of fats coming in taking up the calorie space.

I like eating something with almost zero fat (chicken, tuna). Then if I see I need more grams of fat, I'll take a tbsp. of olive oil or have some sort of nut; feels like there's more control over my diet this way.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nope. I read the label on the box and never bothered to open them. I'm with imprezivr6 on this one; it's much easier to get leaner meats when on this diet, than the fatty ones. It gets pretty tough trying to get your needed protein for the day when you have a much higher surge of fats coming in taking up the calorie space.

I like eating something with almost zero fat (chicken, tuna). Then if I see I need more grams of fat, I'll take a tbsp. of olive oil or have some sort of nut; feels like there's more control over my diet this way.
That is what i do(sirloin, 96%gb, eggs(count as fat too), and chicken). Most my fat comes from almonds/almond butter, peanut butter, EVOO and avocado.

Man i made some bomb ass burgers yesterday. 2 lbs 96% lean GB, I mixed in 1 egg, salt/pepper, fresh jalepeno, fresh cilantro, chopped grean onion, and a pinch of cumin.

And topped it with some fresh guacamole, for my fats.. So ****ing good. Bout to go grill one up right now..lol

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i been using 80% ground meat. cause it has like 20g protein, 20g fat. add a little ranch on top and you got the perfect macro set up.

get to eat less food though.

MattD1

Awards
Wow thanks guys I'll take this stuff into consideration

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Get leaner meat. Add some olive oil into your raw meat and have at it. Get better quality meat and use better fats to get to your requirements. I tried the keto thing a few years back with eggs, cheese, plain tuna in oil, summer sausage, and pork rinds, pepperoni. Couldn't eat eggs, tuna for a long time. Still haven't touched pork rinds or summer sausage since. Can't stand the smell of it. Now I eat eggs, a little cheese, baked chicken breast with a Tbsp O.O. in each meal, fairly lean red meat, just finished 3 days of filet mignon and sirloin, maybe some porkchops every other week. I eat at least a pound of almonds a week, use natty PB or almond butter.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
i been using 80% ground meat. cause it has like 20g protein, 20g fat. add a little ranch on top and you got the perfect macro set up.

get to eat less food though.
The type of fat does matter. 80/20 is junk tbh.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
matters for what?

i get all of my EFAs from fish oil, olive oil, peanut butter, and walnuts.

Fat is fat in terms of useable energy for your body during ketosis.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
matters for what?

i get all of my EFAs from fish oil, olive oil, peanut butter, and walnuts.

Fat is fat in terms of useable energy for your body during ketosis.
These are good fats. A bunch of saturated fat in crap ground beef that could have who knows what in it isn't that good. It's like eating sausage, God only knows what is in it. Just buy the leanest ground beef and add some olive oil to it.