Morning workout diet?

bigbrock

Awards
Im going to have to start workin out in the am due to my new job. My question is when to eat carbs.

Before bed, before workout, after workout and small amounts for lunch, then no carbs for the rest of the day except for before bed.
All bein complex carbs except PWO

Thats what Im thinkin about doin, does this look ok?

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Before bed will release more insulin reducing GH secretion. Eat some cottage cheese before bed. I don't like to eat carbs before bed time.

bigbrock

Awards
The sugar in cottage cheese isnt bad before bed?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It's not that much, the protein is more important.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Yea a casein shake before bed and some dextrose+water 30 min into workout will do you right

bigbrock

Awards
I have been eatin grits bout 30min beofore workout. Anything wrong with this?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
grits are really starchy its made out of straight corn, id go with a lower GI carb like oatmeal. try eating a pack/cup of oats like half hour to an hour before lifting.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i usually go with 8-10 egg whites and 1/2 to 1 cup oats 30-45 min. pre-workout. egg whites are very light, hardly know you ate them, and oats keep me from feeling like i'm starving half way through my workout..

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Good posting. I agree with the oatmeal. It's a staple for my pre-workout meal in the morning.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Im going to have to start workin out in the am due to my new job. My question is when to eat carbs.

Before bed, before workout, after workout and small amounts for lunch, then no carbs for the rest of the day except for before bed.
All bein complex carbs except PWO

Thats what Im thinkin about doin, does this look ok?
What are your goals?