MIcrowaving whole eggs?

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
How many do this? I was looking for a quick breakfast idea in the morning as I am getting sick of shakes before work. 4-5 eggs in a big bowln 1/2-1 cup oats instant breakfast? Just wondered how many try this method.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
Scrambled eggs in the microwave is OK - they come out ok if you cook 1/2 way and then stir them up and cook the other half.

A quicker (better) breakfast is to make a frittata and portion out 4-5 servings for reheating.

casvg5

Awards
Pre Cook

I too got tired of shakes and having to wake up an hour early to make myself a decent breakfast.

I cook 12 eggs at a time with peppers and extra lean turkey bacon, and put them in a seal container. Then i put them in a tortilla in the morning and pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. Quick and easy, and good.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much eat microwaved egg whites daily now. I went months eating microwaved whole eggs to the point where it made me absolutely nauseous to look at them. Its not a good taste. I know the yolks are important, but damn...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I do scrambled in a pan with organic coconut oil, takes maybe 2 minutes longer than microwaving and you get some MCTssss

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Microwave FTW! it taste better scrambled in a pan but who has time for that!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
mcdonalds microwaves their eggs - breakfast egg mcmuffin, coffee, hash brown. 600 cals, 37g fat, 45g carbs, 22g protein. I mean, who wants to be a bodybuilder anyway.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I have to say. I tried it yesterday for my postworkout meal.....

tastes actually better than normal scrambled eggs! I did 4 eggs for 4 minutes rotating every minute. Added some milk to make em a little lighter. Def somethin to try if you have never done it.

miked512

Awards
I second the fritata idea. Microwave eggs ... YUCK!

demetre

Awards
the best way to eat eggs......ground meat, olive oil, flax seeds, eggs.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
i heard somewhere that microwaving eggs is a bad idea. something having to do with "nuking" the healthy fats, or hurting absorbtion... not sure... anybody heard anything like this???