breakfast ideas?

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
I need your thoughts on the perfect breakfast for gaining lean muscle mass. I am looking to lose BODY FAT but continue to grow muscle. I have a searched and searched the internet for ideas, But no luck on pinpointing a good breakfast. .. . . . .. .. . please help.

STATS:
172 LBS
5'10"
13- 15% BODY FAT....goal is 10%
workout 5 days a week.

AnabolicAmmo

Awards
Anabolic Diet

6 eggs, 8 oz ground beef, 3 oz cheese, diced onions, peppers, mushrooms

Heavy Cream in Coffee

That outta do it

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whole wheat protein pancakes (full fat cottage cheese and blueberries blended together for the syrup)

yummm

or you can put PB or almond butter on it with a banana sliced up

itzgambino

Awards
3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 1/2 tbsp olive oil mixed together, then add in 70g broccoli and oz of swiss cheese

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
1/2-1 cup oatmeal, one scoop of favorite protein powder.

I use a scoop of ALLTHEYWHEY chocolate and just mix it all together, I have fallen in love with it. I get a good dose of complex carbs for my workout while still getting a sufficient amount of protein. Try it!

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
I like all the ideas....what do you think about this? It tastes like blueberries.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup gronala
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup milk
protein powder, 30 gram
I blend it all up in my MAGIC BULLET....I love that thing.
Then I eat 1 hard boiled egg.

loki515

Awards
swell i like that idea but the granola and oatmeal all at once might be too may carbs at once if your trying to lean. Being a ekco myself i have learned you can have a tons of carbs in the am but that seems like a lil too many at oce. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
swell i like that idea but the granola and oatmeal all at once might be too may carbs at once if your trying to lean. Being a ekco myself i have learned you can have a tons of carbs in the am but that seems like a lil too many at oce. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.
Where should I be at with carbs for breakfast?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Where should I be at with carbs for breakfast?
A cup of oats along with some milled flaxseeds and blueberries is good for morning carbs. Also some fresh grapefruit/orange juice, naturally sweet but in the AM is ok. Save the shake for after breakfast, do 4-5 whites and 3-4 eggs instead.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Oh and 3-4 g's of fish oil caps after breakfast will be really good

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
Oh and 3-4 g's of fish oil caps after breakfast will be really good
Ok, so protein before the carbs and protein, I can do that, I am doing the opposite right now, I will switch it.. I take 2000mg of fish oil caps at breakfast, then 1000mg at lunch, then another 2000mg at dinner. Should I change it?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so protein before the carbs and protein, I can do that, I am doing the opposite right now, I will switch it.. I take 2000mg of fish oil caps at breakfast, then 1000mg at lunch, then another 2000mg at dinner. Should I change it?
Some people believe protein should be eaten first because of the difference in the enzymes that go into digesting proteins and carbs. To me it is just easier to slam down a huge plate of eggs+whites first, and then eat the oatmeal. If you want to get even more awesome healthy fat in the combo, get some organic coconut oil and use that to cook eggs,etc. As far as fish oil, 2000mg = 2 g, I feel best after doing 3-4 gs after each meal, but it depends on the individual. Some people believe in taking more than that, some take less. Just spread it out throughout the day like you already do and you are goood.

Also I suggest getting a liquid multivitamin, I like Vit Shoppe brand it is affordable and potent. Also liquid vitamin C and liquid E, both are great for recovery. Beta Carotene (A), vit C, vit E are antioxidants that are pretty much a requirement in your diet, because our bodies release many free radicals when we engage in heavy weight training.. antioxidants help reduce the damage.

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
Some people believe protein should be eaten first because of the difference in the enzymes that go into digesting proteins and carbs. To me it is just easier to slam down a huge plate of eggs+whites first, and then eat the oatmeal. If you want to get even more awesome healthy fat in the combo, get some organic coconut oil and use that to cook eggs,etc. As far as fish oil, 2000mg = 2 g, I feel best after doing 3-4 gs after each meal, but it depends on the individual. Some people believe in taking more than that, some take less. Just spread it out throughout the day like you already do and you are goood.

Also I suggest getting a liquid multivitamin, I like Vit Shoppe brand it is affordable and potent. Also liquid vitamin C and liquid E, both are great for recovery. Beta Carotene (A), vit C, vit E are antioxidants that are pretty much a requirement in your diet, because our bodies release many free radicals when we engage in heavy weight training.. antioxidants help reduce the damage.
Thanks for all the great info!! Your very clear on your explanation.....As for vitamins I do take a few that you stated, I will have to pick up some LIQUID VIT C AND E. It makes perfect sence if you are heavy weight lifting.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Do you have plenty of time in the AM or do you need a quick breakfast on the run?

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
Do you have plenty of time in the AM or do you need a quick breakfast on the run?

Usually its a on the go breakfast, so something quick. But as of today I have plenty of time in the morning, I just was laid off..No worries though....what ideas do you have?

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
my girlfriend turned me on to this one- 8 egg whites, 1/2 to 1 cup oats mixed together and scrambled, then put into a bowl. add a large tablespoon peanut butter, large table spoon of favorite sugar free jelly (i use smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves) mix it all together.. takes about 5 min. to make, longest part is cracking the eggs, about 2.5 min. to wolf down..

jfuller

jfuller

Awards
my girlfriend turned me on to this one- 8 egg whites, 1/2 to 1 cup oats mixed together and scrambled, then put into a bowl. add a large tablespoon peanut butter, large table spoon of favorite sugar free jelly (i use smuckers sugar free strawberry preserves) mix it all together.. takes about 5 min. to make, longest part is cracking the eggs, about 2.5 min. to wolf down..
So it is scrambled eggs with oatmeal, then you make a sause of peanut butter and strawberry preserves to go on top...is that correct..sounds pretty good.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
fruity pebbles are a really good breakfast.

also i just had french toast with whip cream and fresh cut strawberries soaked in sugar.

pretty great breakfast.

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
if you got some time, some scrambled egg whites with a whole egg and some chesse with a toasted whole wheat bagel with some peanut butter is a pretty solid start if your trying to put on weight, or maybe some oatmeal if you like instead ( obviously healthier but not as satisfying imo)

hailrazor

Awards
protein pancake. oatmeal + fav. protein powder + blueberries/rasperries/apples + shreded almonds

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
do you cook the eggs or eat them raw?

purebred

eating your protein first b/c you want to be sure it digests efficiently? LOL just eat the damn food who cares what order it's in. no one ever got big off reading a study.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
no sh!t it doesnt really matter, however it is definitely easier to eat a huge plate of eggs first rather than after oats/carbs/whatever. at least to me it is.

purebred

no sh!t it doesnt really matter, however it is definitely easier to eat a huge plate of eggs first rather than after oats/carbs/whatever. at least to me it is.
oh i think i understand what you're saying.....
b/c you get fuller faster? is that what you're referring to?

Wetdawg

Wetdawg

Awards
5 eggs over chopper steak over rice, with a dash of soy sauce on it.

purebred

I like all the ideas....what do you think about this? It tastes like blueberries.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup gronala
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup milk
protein powder, 30 gram
I blend it all up in my MAGIC BULLET....I love that thing.
Then I eat 1 hard boiled egg.
I need one of those Magic Bullets man! :cussing: