how long does it take to gain fat??

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Ok so here is something i have been wondering for a while:

if i keep my diet clean during mon - sat and don't deviate, then on sunday i generally enjoy myself: IE go out for dinner, eat ice cream, cake, candy, chips, whatever i feel like for the last meal of the day (say around 6pm) i am usually so full after that meal i don't eat for the rest of the night. now since its such a limited time i feel like i don't absorb all the sh*t so my bf doens't really change..

agreed??

and if yes, then how long would it take to gain fat? or how many cals would it take to gain fat from a single meal? I assume that my cheat calories are probably like 3000+ lol with tons of fat and carbs

i hope i worded this ok.. let me know if it doesnt make sense lol

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If it is one cheat meal a week, don't sweat it. Most people have 1 cheat meal a day, or a whole cheat day and that could create some issues. Marc Lobliner Pres of Scivation says 1 cheat meal is necessary. His motto is "keep it free, keep it three." Eat whatever, but keep it three = appetizer, meal, dessert.

I think you would be fine and not really gain anything, if you are at maintenance cals the other days or less. If you notice some negative changes, just cut back on your cheat meal some.

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
I guess everyone is different, some may absorb more than others..Ex: last night I got outa work at 1130 at night and was SO damn hungry I did the worst thing possible..Hit up JBOX and ordered a ULTIMATE CHEESEBURGER W BACON, Curly fries and a coke...I have avoided that for like 3 years but I was so hungry..

The next mourning (today) I def. felt the fat that soaked in my belly. felt all jiggly..but my mournin poop was good..(i know i know..T.M.I)

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I guess everyone is different, some may absorb more than others..Ex: last night I got outa work at 1130 at night and was SO damn hungry I did the worst thing possible..Hit up JBOX and ordered a ULTIMATE CHEESEBURGER W BACON, Curly fries and a coke...I have avoided that for like 3 years but I was so hungry..

The next mourning (today) I def. felt the fat that soaked in my belly. felt all jiggly..but my mournin poop was good..(i know i know..T.M.I)
That's not exactly what I meant. Eat that same meal and give yourself a couple hours to digest, before you go to sleep, and you probably wouldn't feel like crap in the morning.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like ur diet is on lock, and if that last meal at 6pm doesn't throw ur total Cals for the day up like an extra +600 cals, im sure you will be fine. Cheat meals are a good thing, gives ur body a chance to slack off for when you kill it the next day :D

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Marc Lobliner Pres of Scivation says 1 cheat meal is necessary. His motto is "keep it free, keep it three." Eat whatever, but keep it three = appetizer, meal, dessert.
keep it three.. i like that

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like ur diet is on lock, and if that last meal at 6pm doesn't throw ur total Cals for the day up like an extra +600 cals,
it throws my total cals wayyy up def more than 600, i prob have 600 extra cals in just the first plate! (there are several plates haha)

i binge eat like a motha then feel like im going to die for the rest of the night then go to bed and am madd bloated on mon, but by weds im back to right were i should be i just want to know if its possible to gain fat from one huge binge meal

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
it throws my total cals wayyy up def more than 600, i prob have 600 extra cals in just the first plate! (there are several plates haha)

i binge eat like a motha then feel like im going to die for the rest of the night then go to bed and am madd bloated on mon, but by weds im back to right were i should be i just want to know if its possible to gain fat from one huge binge meal
Certainly possible... depends on how devoted to actually lifting you are. If you notice any hanges or don't like the bloat. Change it up to solve that problem. However if you don't see yourself gaining any fat, or don't care. Ride it out for a bit.

Your the biggest player here because YOU can tell use if you are or are not gaining any fat or don't like the bloat. You have it narrowed down, sounds good to me.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just listen to your body, you'll know when are are "getting fat". Also cheat meals give the metabolism a nice "kick" if you've been dieting seriously.