Need more energy???

lift or die

Awards
Ok, so for about 2 months now I didn't touched a soda but lately I been so tired at work and throughout my day. The past week I started drinking soda in the morning and it has helped me getting through my day. But I do not want to start this habit again, and I don't like coffee so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks...

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
more sleep would prob b the best answer...

what about tea? straight caffiene pills?

lift or die

Awards
more sleep would prob b the best answer...

what about tea? straight caffiene pills?[/QUO

your probably right about the sleeping, but I get up at 5:15 for work and dont get home till 5 so by the time I get to the gym and back home and I usually have other things going on, I don't get the all the sleep I need... and just a question about caffeine pills are they healthy for you?

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
and just a question about caffeine pills are they healthy for you?

i mean they dont contain calories if thats what u mean by healthy.. are they good for your heart and cardiovascular system? not in large doses, but 200mgs ( the normal dose) is the same as 2 cups of coffee which most people drink with no adverse health reactions.

keeper

Green tea caps are good for energy and have the added antioxidant value. I take a couple mid afternoon.

jim623

Yep, green tea would be the healthiest choice. Wish I could drink but I hate the taste.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
megadose acetyl l-carnitine ( 5g a day or so). i find it perks me up in conjunction with E/C

keeper

Regarding drinking green tea, I dislike the taste, too. If not for the caps, I'd have to skip it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I love the green tea taste, it tastes like health to me lol

try squeezing half a lemon in your green tea in the morning, that will really get you going. As far as getting more energy, try eating some oats in the morning, and some fruit. Carbs especially early in the morning always give me energy. Definitely ditch the soda man, might as well buy a jug of HFCS and sip on that.

lift or die

Awards
Going to have to try the green tea for awhile.... thanks for your help guys and "keeper" that means you too..;-)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Try to get green tea in metal cans, just dried out leaves. I found that raw green tea comes in either in these dry sticks or dried out leaves. Then get an infuser:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=725&f=14260&q=tea&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

They sell those everywhere, Ive gone through at least 2 or 3. And then just drop some leaves in there, drop the infuser in your travel mug or whatever and cook breakfast. Green tea is best when you brew it for a little while so after breakfast it should be ready.