What to drink on a Keto diet - AnabolicMinds.com

What to drink on a Keto diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

What to drink on a Keto diet

I am looking into starting a Keto diet. Trying to run between 3500 and 4000 cals while keeping carbs at 50 grams per day, and fat under 125 grams. I am having a hard time finding anything to drink that has zero or very few carbs in it. Soda is out, and any kind of juice is out, etc, etc. Any suggestions??? I would like to drink something with some kind of caloric value to help up my calorie intake.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

low carb milk, it taste good and has about 3g carb
    and I think about 90 cals
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

umm water.

and if ur dieing, diet soda (0 cals) is ok in smallish doses
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

How bout a gallon jug with 5 scoops recover pro and essentials! Drink and enjoy!
  5. JDK5386

Quote Originally Posted by ccapone1153 View Post
    umm water.

and if ur dieing, diet soda (0 cals) is ok in smallish doses
    I believe many Atkin's adherent's recommend avoiding anything with aspartame during any induction phase of a keto diet. Diet Rite is the only option I believe.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Like I said I'm trying to drink something with caloric value, I don't want to drink milk all day, and water has no calories, same with diet soda.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

What is recover pro and where can I research it? Google shows nothing on it
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Ummm recover pro has almost 50 grams of carbs per serving, lol. Did you read the title of the thread bud?
  9. Senior Member

if you are going to do keto you need to fix your macros.

fat shouldnt be at 30%.

fat and protein should be the ying and yang with negligible amounts of carbs ( im talking condiments, and laxatives, and natural peanut butter none of this low carb shake stuff,or whatever fat thing you can think of to eat that has carbs )
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Recoverpro is bcaas bro. 50g carbs per serving? Nope sorry
  11. Senior Member

as far as liquids go, i drink coffee with heavy whipping cream and stevia drops, and water.

maybe some diet mountain dew.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    Like I said I'm trying to drink something with caloric value, I don't want to drink milk all day, and water has no calories, same with diet soda.
    gooood luck.

everything that has cals is going to have carbs. maybe a scoop of protein mixed with water but other than that ur not going to find anything worthwhile.

on a keto diet why would u want cals from ur drinks anyway???u should get plenty of protein and fat cals from food and u should be focusing on NOT drinking anything besides water.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccapone1153 View Post
    gooood luck.

everything that has cals is going to have carbs. maybe a scoop of protein mixed with water but other than that ur not going to find anything worthwhile.

on a keto diet why would u want cals from ur drinks anyway???u should get plenty of protein and fat cals from food and u should be focusing on NOT drinking anything besides water.
    What he said.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I am getting around 3500 cals from food, I would like to be over 4000. Thats currently just drinking water, If there was something I could have to drink with calories and no carbs to get me over 4000 that would be great. Im getting plenty of fat and definitely plenty of protein thank you very much. I still havent found anything on that recoverpro. You didnt provide a website or company name again I see
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

At 4000 calories a day and less than 125g fat (1125 calories from fat,) a day I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're not going to be able to reach ketosis. Your protein is going to be way too high.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

Anabolic innovations; Recoverpro.

Nutraplanet has it!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Brewed leaf tea? Good or no?
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Heavy creme
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    if you are going to do keto you need to fix your macros.

fat shouldnt be at 30%.

fat and protein should be the ying and yang with negligible amounts of carbs ( im talking condiments, and laxatives, and natural peanut butter none of this low carb shake stuff,or whatever fat thing you can think of to eat that has carbs )
    This is correct, you wont see keto @ what appears to be 600g a day of protein
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I take in 125g of fat on a keto cut diet of about 2200 cals.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

This is what you do. You take heavy cream and ground beef with chipotles, blend it, drink it.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I found a few things............. Designer Whey protein water, special k protein water, and stacker 2 protein water
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

its ok for a little bit of carbs in the protein, optimal? no, but you can certainly use it!

i dont think we even know your height and weight!!!!

i like palumbos style, i personally use it, but modify it the first few weeks!!! adding different oils (coconut oil, which he doesnt really like says they have no use i disagree)

i personally start off with maintence calories in protein and fat alone so weight loss is slow and not dramatic in the beginning (sodium will help retain the weight) and i would supplement coconut oil pre workout with my shake, and whey and leucine post workout. these 2 things he doesnt do. worked well for me and a lot of people ive helped with diet.

as your first cheat meal approaches have it depending on body fat, for example the higher the bodyfat, the less meals you cheat with, i use my cheat/refeed on weak muscle days so i have more energy and anabolism.

now after this first cheat meal you will go directly into the "real" diet and again depending on your body fat is how you would work your macros! from here you continue with your diet, as i said was the "real" diet with the fixed macros set for the rest of your diet,

from hear i would do an every 10 day cheat meal as after the first cheat meal it takes a little to get back into ketosis (but again depends on cheat meal/refeed, and how many meals and carbs it was as well as GDAs used during and pre bed) as you get leaner you may do every 7-8 day cheat/refeed.

(again diff from palumbo)

When fat loss slows you can incorperate your burners (unless u started them from the beginning) if you started them in the beginning i would either fat cycle meaning basically alternating between protein and fat and protein each meal or extending the cheat meal to every 12 days and having a large refeed at that day so you have a longer time in ketosis. (remember your doing cardio and increase it each week, when you max out cardio PWO you can add a morning session as well)

(this too diff then him he usually does protein veggie DAYs to starve the fat off or eleminates the cheat meal completly)

hope what i said makes sense to some of you. workd very well for me..
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

protein shakes i generally like isolate! isolyze is great the necter naturals is pretty good,

i think Isoflex is incredible tasting and works well.

All the Whey always a top choice,

i would go for bulk proteins with a whey concentrate/isolate mix generally cheaper and not more then 2g per serving! and can be anywhere between 21-24g protein . 2 scoops and your gtg if your worried bout carbs in it, 5-7g wont kill u, use oil as the fat which is zero carb and healthy (evoo, avacodo oil, mac nut oil ect)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keto Diet
    By JOKERXX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 03:26 PM
  2. More Q's about Keto diet...
    By soseg in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
  3. Best No Carb/Anabolic Diet Preworkout/NO Drink?
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:31 AM