Opinions Needed!

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
I'm 6'1" about 180 lbs, around 9% body fat
For my daily Diet I usually will have..

Breakfast: 2 servings of plain sugarless unflavored oatmeal, 36 gram whey shake, a banana and a multi-vitamin

Lunch: Usually tuna or beans, milk or a 24 gram whey shake,

In Between Lunch and Dinner: Usually a plate of Pasta

Dinner: Meat, can range from beef to chicken along with a 36 gram whey shake usually because i finish my workout before dinner.

Any comments/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated as I am always trying to improve.

I began lifting intensely again during may when i came back from college and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life right now. I am taking, USP PowerFULL, Creatine monohydrate, Whey protein, Multi-vitamin. Any suggestions to what I should add/lose in my diet?

Davidlee

If your looking to gain mass then you need alot more food. 6-7 meals a day. Find out your BMR and add 500 - 1000 calories to that day. At 500 calories more a day then your BMR and you will gain 1 pound weekly. Protein/clean carbs/ fats = 40/40/20 I guess. get more opinions first. Eat red meat around 1 to 2 times weekly, and eat chicken a tons. Good Luck!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
9% bf, competition season is pretty much coming to a close in the next 2 months, summer is also about make 6-8 weeks from the end - I assume you are going to start bulking soon?

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
Sorry i left out some important details, I am looking to simply gain lean muscle. I am not competing in any competitions this is purely for me. So far I have gained a few pounds of muscle since school got out while losing a couple pounds of fat in the process, I would like to continue this trend, maybe not so much the losing fat part but I would like to be around 7-8% bf, and would like to put on some more muscle, so which foods are do's and which are don'ts. Thanks a lot everyone who answered already I appreciate each opinion.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt try a really clean bulk . it is too hard to gain consistently because you need to keep readjusting the calories you take in based on how much weight you are gaining or you will stop gaining. i'd ad about 1000 extra calories a day, which is easy. add more oil/nuts/ skim milk to your diet and bingo.

also take about 6g of CLA a day. this will help build muscle and help minimize fat gain.

also, LOL at red meat 1 or twice a week. cholesterol boosts testosterone. eggs and red meat have tons. i probably eat a lb. a day. and 4 whole eggs every morning.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
also, LOL at red meat 1 or twice a week. cholesterol boosts testosterone. eggs and red meat have tons. i probably eat a lb. a day. and 4 whole eggs every morning.
Exactly. I started eating heavy on the chicken breast a few weeks ago and since my strength has gone down.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm 6'1" about 180 lbs, around 9% body fat
For my daily Diet I usually will have..

Breakfast: 2 servings of plain sugarless unflavored oatmeal, 36 gram whey shake, a banana and a multi-vitamin

Lunch: Usually tuna or beans, milk or a 24 gram whey shake,

In Between Lunch and Dinner: Usually a plate of Pasta

Dinner: Meat, can range from beef to chicken along with a 36 gram whey shake usually because i finish my workout before dinner.

Any comments/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated as I am always trying to improve.

I began lifting intensely again during may when i came back from college and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life right now. I am taking, USP PowerFULL, Creatine monohydrate, Whey protein, Multi-vitamin. Any suggestions to what I should add/lose in my diet?
Eggs in the morning with the oatmeal, a shake afterwards if you feel like you need it. More fruits and vegetables? Also there is no fat in the diet, you need to get some Fish oil, olive oil, nuts, eat more fish. Get a bunch of vitamin C and E in because if you are going to lift hard you need to take in antioxidants as well. Thats why fruits like oranges/grapefruit help so much, drink their juice and eat them whole. I also have a liquid vitamin C and liquid E. Maybe instead of a bowl of pasta in between meals, try some fruit and a shake. Starches just sit in the stomach forever, and you are not looking to gain much mass. Instead try having meals that consist of protein/carb/fat. Your lunch or in-between meal could be the same tuna + carrots/tomato + fish oil or spinach with olive oil. Always try to add more colors of the rainbow to the diet :lol5:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
my suggestion also is, if you want to bulk then bulk without concern about gaining a little fat at the same time. Then drop bf% later, after you make gains you are happy with. Thats how its worked for me tho.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
my suggestion also is, if you want to bulk then bulk without concern about gaining a little fat at the same time. Then drop bf% later, after you make gains you are happy with. Thats how its worked for me tho.
key word LITTLE fat. keep it clean. no reason to gain more fat than you absoultely have to. if ur gaining like 5lbs a week ur gunna get fat in a hurry lol no more than 1 -2 lbs weight change per week

rdugan95

rdugan95

Awards
I've added eggs to my morning breakfast, would you guys suggest eating the yolk? I know the protein layout is roughly 50/50 throughout an egg with white/yolk, but the yolk is very high in cholesterol. At the same time I have heard cholesterol boosts testosterone.. so many options. Thanks for all the great input so far.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about the cholesterol... it's the good kind.