alcohol effects on Keto/Diet

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering, on a keto diet how does licquor effect on ketosis or weight loss?

Say for example I'm on my fourth day of ketosis, with ketones in my urine. Say I do a couple of shots or have some rum in diet cola, it has no carbs just extra calories. Will it effect ketosis?

Or if ayone has any articles on how alcohol calories effects me. Like say if my calorie limit is 2500 a day and on one day I had a drink or two and say about 300 of those 2500 calores are from licquor, will it hinder weight loss being I am still in my calorie rang??

Now I know this might sounds stupid to some people, and some will respond jst don't drink or other common sense answers but I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone on here can expand on one of those questions or if anyone has any links to any articles that expand on this subject.

Many Thanks

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
on a keto diet yes.. alcohol is sugar and is processed as such. No sugar on a ketogenic diet bruh. u will never reach ketosis

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
After reaching ketosis I have CLEAR bacardi and diet coke and do not come out of ketosis.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, on a keto diet how does licquor effect on ketosis or weight loss?

Say for example I'm on my fourth day of ketosis, with ketones in my urine. Say I do a couple of shots or have some rum in diet cola, it has no carbs just extra calories. Will it effect ketosis?

Or if ayone has any articles on how alcohol calories effects me. Like say if my calorie limit is 2500 a day and on one day I had a drink or two and say about 300 of those 2500 calores are from licquor, will it hinder weight loss being I am still in my calorie rang??

Now I know this might sounds stupid to some people, and some will respond jst don't drink or other common sense answers but I was just curious and wanted to know if anyone on here can expand on one of those questions or if anyone has any links to any articles that expand on this subject.

Many Thanks

According to Lyle McDonalds Book, Alcohol will detract from how much fat is actually burned.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
the fact that you don't come out of ketosis doesn't necessarily mean that you are still burning fat.

the problem with alcohol which im sure everyone here knows is that your body ( while having alc in the system) will shut down metabolism of fat, carb ,protein, etc until the alcohol is out of the system so fat burning is put on hold. also, testosterone production is put on hold as well.

but i guess if you can stand having like 15 hours of no fat burning, i don't see a huge problem as long as its all sugar free stuff that doesn't knock you out of ketosis.

also, though, watch out for the calories. im sure you know that alc has 7 cals per gram. so if you are drinking straight clear vodka, which is mostly alc, that will add up to over 100 cals a shot......those shots start to add up quick.

guitarrob

Awards
A long island iced tea can pack around 700 calories. I read this fact after a night of drinking five or six of them. It was a serious "**** my life" moment, so watch what you take in

demetre

Awards
soontobbeast is in the top 5 most intelligent people on this site