Improve my Waxy Maize Protocol....

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

Improve my Waxy Maize Protocol....

This goes out to people who have experience with WMS...

Right now, I am taking 35 grams about 20 minutes before lifting, 35 grams during training, and then 35 grams 20 minutes after training.

Anabolic Pump is taken 20 minutes before the pre and post workout servings.

Should I take the preworkout serving earlier? I have no idea... thought from you guys?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

do you see any difference using WMS? i tried a whole effing bottle of it and noticed nothing.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.99%

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKid57 View Post
    This goes out to people who have experience with WMS...

Right now, I am taking 35 grams about 20 minutes before lifting, 35 grams during training, and then 35 grams 20 minutes after training.

Anabolic Pump is taken 20 minutes before the pre and post workout servings.

Should I take the preworkout serving earlier? I have no idea... thought from you guys?
    I dont mean to diss on WMS but in reality its a little bit of a waste of money. What are you are trying to do is replenish glycogen levels, this could be done with pretty much any source of carbs. Some studies say that higher GI carbs are better at this but plenty of people just do oats/bananas/raisins. My favorite is whey before, dextrose+BCAA during, whey+dex+maltodextrin after. Dextrose is an old school supplement, its dirt cheap and is 100% glucose, 100 on GI scale. So theoretically something thats 100 on GI scale will be the quickest absorbing, but this could be argued. Ive replaced dextrose with watermelon after workouts and I feel just as great.

The waxymaize people have figured they can make good money because people will take it 3 times a day like you are. There is some reasearch claiming that it bypasses your digestive tract but Im no scientist to discuss the actual process. All I know is that after you are done with this tub of WMX get a cheaper source of PWO carbs, that works just as well. For now Id stick to just drinking it after workout.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

Honestly, yes I do notice a HUGE difference in my training. I have been using it for about 10 days now.....

Can I be certain it is "shuttling" aminos/creatine/etc. into the muscle cell as I train? Well, no I cannot be for sure (even though the write-ups I have read indicate this)... but in all honesty, the pump I get on this stuff is PHENOMENAL. Whether you care for the pump or not... whether you think it is beneficial or not... I know that when I am training and I see myself pump out in the mirror it is like INSTANT motivation to totally kill it. For that alone, well, it's worth it. Not to mention I don't have to down a bunch of food before and take in tons of gatorade after a workout to reap the benefits of energy and an insulin spike respectively. I think WMS is my new best friend!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

Anton G420: Thank you very much for the response! However, whether my benefits from waxy maize are a placebo or not does not really concern me. As long as I feel and see results while using it, then I am happy (maybe I'm a sucker, who knows).

In addition, I have chosen waxy maize because it is in fact considered a complex carbohydrate because of it's structure, although it is absorbed quickly (in theory). The complex carbs are necessary because I am using Anabolic Pump / P-Slin. I also do not do too well when I train on a filled up stomach of oats.

Also... for your protocol... if you are doing just fruit as your source of carbs after a workout, I would maybe augment this a bit to reap more benefits. The majority of carbs in fruit of that of fructose, hence they will be stored in the liver... and not the muscle. Now of course refilling your liver glycogen levels is not bad thing (depending on your goals), but maybe take in some of that dextrose along with the fruit, or even some oats so that the fructose fills up your liver, and then the dextrose can work it's magic in your muscle. Just my two cents!

Lucky
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.99%

Fair enough, well spoken.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.86%

i'm seriously considering changing to WMS from my usual intra workout whey/gatorade shake.

I train first thing in the morning with no food so i can really see some potential for my situation.

I use BA and Citrulline pre workout which i really like plus some Caffeine/Geranamine combination so a WMS/Whey shake sounds good for the very quick absorbtion at this time.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I use BA and Citrulline pre workout which i really like plus some Caffeine/Geranamine combination so a WMS/Whey shake sounds good for the very quick absorbtion at this time.
    Man, WMS (from what I have read and from my experience) would be perfect for you whether you are are training first thing in the morning or any other time. If you take your BA, Citrulline, caffeine/Geranamine and blend/shake it up WITH the waxy maize... it works quicker and it should shuttle all of those supplements INTO the muscle. I would maybe pick up some of Nutraplanet's creatine (mono, CEE, etc.) and throw that in there as well... pound some protein and aminos and hit the gym. Depending on how you train, I might not OVERDUE the preworkout protein... I am no nutritionist but maybe somewhere along the lines of just 20 grams should suffice, considering if you are taking BCAA's you will be covering your bases... and you will have ingested some calories fromt he waxy maize (however, I do not know if WMS calories are metabolized the same way as other calories).

I say... GET THE WMS and try it out. It is a cheap product and worth the shot!
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.25%

also depends on the mw of the starch.A real cheap one has not shown me much,the higher molecular weight ones is where the goods are at!

10-20 pre workout,60-65 post wo is great!

usually take 25 grams or so when I wake up as well on non training days with some bcaas or bulk leucine.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.86%

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKid57 View Post
    Man, WMS (from what I have read and from my experience) would be perfect for you whether you are are training first thing in the morning or any other time. If you take your BA, Citrulline, caffeine/Geranamine and blend/shake it up WITH the waxy maize... it works quicker and it should shuttle all of those supplements INTO the muscle. I would maybe pick up some of Nutraplanet's creatine (mono, CEE, etc.) and throw that in there as well... pound some protein and aminos and hit the gym. Depending on how you train, I might not OVERDUE the preworkout protein... I am no nutritionist but maybe somewhere along the lines of just 20 grams should suffice, considering if you are taking BCAA's you will be covering your bases... and you will have ingested some calories fromt he waxy maize (however, I do not know if WMS calories are metabolized the same way as other calories).

I say... GET THE WMS and try it out. It is a cheap product and worth the shot!
    Hmmm, i have some Purple Wraath handy so i might add one scoop of WMS to the PW for intra workout and one scoop to some WPI as post workout and see what happens............whadda plan!!!!!

I don't taking too much intra workout as it does interupt my BA tingles a bit but i do like experimenting as well.

I get my Creatine from a local source here in Oz. Really good quality.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.05%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    I dont mean to diss on WMS but in reality its a little bit of a waste of money. What are you are trying to do is replenish glycogen levels, this could be done with pretty much any source of carbs. Some studies say that higher GI carbs are better at this but plenty of people just do oats/bananas/raisins. My favorite is whey before, dextrose+BCAA during, whey+dex+maltodextrin after. Dextrose is an old school supplement, its dirt cheap and is 100% glucose, 100 on GI scale. So theoretically something thats 100 on GI scale will be the quickest absorbing, but this could be argued. Ive replaced dextrose with watermelon after workouts and I feel just as great.

The waxymaize people have figured they can make good money because people will take it 3 times a day like you are. There is some reasearch claiming that it bypasses your digestive tract but Im no scientist to discuss the actual process. All I know is that after you are done with this tub of WMX get a cheaper source of PWO carbs, that works just as well. For now Id stick to just drinking it after workout.
    try karbolyn and you will never diss on waxy again....right now im doing 150g post workout mixed with 6 scoops xtend and 1.5 grams kre-alkylyn powder....oh and 10 iu slin.....but even without the slin it really makes a huge difference in shuttling nutrients and glycogen replenishment
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Hmmm, i have some Purple Wraath handy so i might add one scoop of WMS to the PW for intra workout and one scoop to some WPI as post workout and see what happens............whadda plan!!!!!.
    Well, i tried this yesterday with legs. 40g of WMS and 1 scoop of PurpleWraath intra workout and another 40g with 2 scoops of plain unflavored WPI. Recovery and fullness were definitely improved. No bloat or dicomfort of any kind.

Same today for Delts and Biceps but i upped the dose to 60g intra and 80g post and i got slight bloating but this may have been the Creatine Mono which i started last week.

Back to the 40g dose for me.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.63%

Damn mooch thats a ****load of karbolyn. I've never used over 100mg at a time, and I usually get stomach upset at that level so I have gone to 50mg or lower while using it in the past (and that was at 260 lbs.)

BEAST
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    Damn mooch thats a ****load of karbolyn. I've never used over 100mg at a time, and I usually get stomach upset at that level so I have gone to 50mg or lower while using it in the past (and that was at 260 lbs.)

BEAST
    well...im about 230 sub 10 percent right now....if i werent using the slin i wouldnt go that high but it works for me....that postworkout protocol and then a meal an hour later....no stomach probs whatsoever....but my karbolyn bill is through the roof!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Waxy Maize on a cut
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
  2. What's up with WAXY MAIZE?
    By ThisGuy2 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. Waxy Maize + add ins
    By Harry Manback in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6