Seasonal allergies anyone

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Seasonal allergies anyone


    Hey just wondering what other people do for their seasonal allergies. Just started getting it a couple years ago and now its getting a little heavy. You know the usual eye itch/redness, stuffed nose, and now my eyes started to swell in the morning as well. I know there are plenty of prescriptions/benadryl but I dont like to take pills and I'm trying to find a more natural way to deal with this. Or which OTC medications work the best? I guess Im going today to get something because I can barely see with all the itching. Thanks in advance my anabolic brethren.

  2. Registered User
    drivehard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Hey just wondering what other people do for their seasonal allergies. Just started getting it a couple years ago and now its getting a little heavy. You know the usual eye itch/redness, stuffed nose, and now my eyes started to swell in the morning as well. I know there are plenty of prescriptions/benadryl but I dont like to take pills and I'm trying to find a more natural way to deal with this. Or which OTC medications work the best? I guess Im going today to get something because I can barely see with all the itching. Thanks in advance my anabolic brethren.
    I take a generic Claritin when it gets bad for me...otherwise I just live with it, as I have had them my whole life. Also have generic allergy eye drops...those burn like an SOB, but help a ton with the itching.

    Natural remidy is eating locally produced honey...this does seem to help me some.
  3. Registered User
    marshmallow man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    USAF Deployed
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    144

    Yep, I take Zyrtec daily. If it gets real bad, I take a benadryl at night before bed. That is usually about one week a year though.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    181

    Oregano Oil capsules are what I take for allergies. They are the best thing I have ever found and I've tried everything. Claritin blows and Zyrtec might have helped a little but stick with the OO capsules. I use the stuff by Nature's Way, 60 caps to a bottle, and I pay less than $8 for a bottle.
  5. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol
  6. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol
    That's the best thing, if you have a local bee farmer that will sell you some raw honey. The only thing better is if he also has some fresh local bee pollen. A tsp a day does wonders.
  7. Registered User
    Dath's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    FL
    Age
    45
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    181

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol
    Do you wear contacts? If so, I would recommend not wearing them until the pollen count is down. Wear glasses if you have them. The pollen is irritating the hell out of your eyes and wearing contacts just makes it 10 times worse. Rinse your eyes as often as possible with cold water. I use Visine-A antihistamine/redness reliever eye drops and they do help. I've tried the Similasan homeopathic allergy eye drops and for me they are worthless. Whatever you do, do NOT itch your eyes!!! It will cause inflammation and make it worse. If they itch, rinse them with cold water. Hope that helps. I know what you're going through.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Methylcobalamin shots are the only real thing that helps me. 500mcg EoD reduces the inflammation/histamine and also helps with sleep.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Methylcobalamin shots are the only real thing that helps me. 500mcg EoD reduces the inflammation/histamine and also helps with sleep.
    Histamine promotes test production, if you can get by without blocking it, you're better off.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    Histamine promotes test production, if you can get by without blocking it, you're better off.
    I'll sacrifice a little LBM to not be sneezing my ass off and losing sleep.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Methylcobalamin shots are the only real thing that helps me. 500mcg EoD reduces the inflammation/histamine and also helps with sleep.
    Your doctor got those? I guess Ill use that as the last resort. Almost fell asleep on my way to work from all the antihistamines. I couldnt even go to jiujitsu all last week the f'n swelling was so bad. Thanks everyone this is a great website.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Your doctor got those? I guess Ill use that as the last resort. Almost fell asleep on my way to work from all the antihistamines. I couldnt even go to jiujitsu all last week the f'n swelling was so bad. Thanks everyone this is a great website.
    Not exactly...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Oh so get them online or something? Maybe my local weed dude has a stash lol
  14. Registered User
    Genetiks80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    70

    I don't use medications.I have tried a few other things and they have helped quite a bit.I try to take a shower at 1-2 times day at the least.I also Keep all the windows close and keep the air on low.
  15. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135803

    Bump

    I'm dying here! Anyone have any experience with Oregano Oil?

  16. Registered User
    JohnRock's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Decatur, Illinois
    Age
    33
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    6778

    Local honey works pretty well for me.
  17. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135803

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    Local honey works pretty well for me.
    Would organic honey from a store like whole foods work?

  18. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Earth, for a short while.
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3527

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Would organic honey from a store like whole foods work?
    No not really, it has to be from your location and grocery store honey is blended from everywhere and it's not raw honey. A friend of mine has a honey farm
    (5000 hives +/_), he lets me trap the pollen on a few hives. A teaspoon a day of local pollen does wonders for allergies.
    Taste the rainbow.
  19. Registered User
    suresha's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    palm bay fl.
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    0

    I'M OFF TO THE MARKET TO GET ME SOME HONEY!!!!!!
  20. Registered User
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5915

    I know this is going to sound really stupid.......But do you have/run a dehumidifier in your house?

    My dehumidifier really helps with my allergies. Mold is one of the biggest causes of seasonal allergies and moisture=mold.
  21. Registered User
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    385

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol
    I think Staked did a drive by pepper spraying when you weren't looking!

    Here in SC this is the time of the year when the pollen is ridiculous. I grew up in NJ which has more tree's than we have out here and it wasn't any where near the level of pollen here...I am blessed in the fact it only mildly kicks my ass. My GF is all jacked up right now...she was taking Allegra and stopped for a day or two and it caught her. She is a mess now . I asked her if she started taking it again and she said no , but while she was taking it the allergies seemed to be being held at bay...there is a claritin 24 hour pill that worked well for me when mine kicked in a little last year. GL bro I know it can be a miserable feeling.
  22. Registered User
    bluehealer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Earth, for a short while.
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    3527

    Quote Originally Posted by suresha View Post
    I'M OFF TO THE MARKET TO GET ME SOME HONEY!!!!!!
    Just make sure it's LOCAL RAW honey.

    You're from Florida?? I sure love that orange blossom honey they sell over there. I'm taking the little one to Disney pretty soon, I'm gonna stock up on OBH.
    Taste the rainbow.
  23. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    funny that you guys brought this thread back. i actually never have seasonal allergies anymore ever since i started eating paleo. literally nothing, no itchiness or congestion. didnt have them last year and this year no sight of allergies.
    BJJ = life
  24. Registered User
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    385

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    funny that you guys brought this thread back. i actually never have seasonal allergies anymore ever since i started eating paleo. literally nothing, no itchiness or congestion. didnt have them last year and this year no sight of allergies.

    Ha didn't notice staked bumped this thing from a longggg time ago thought it was a current dilemma...well seems to be for others not so much you. Just found out my GF actually has the flu...lucky her! I am probably next to get it!
  25. Registered User
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135803

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    Ha didn't notice staked bumped this thing from a longggg time ago thought it was a current dilemma...well seems to be for others not so much you. Just found out my GF actually has the flu...lucky her! I am probably next to get it!
    I hate starting a topic when that topic already has a thread. This way all the info is in one spot. Plus my boy Anton started it so I had to bump it

  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    Ha didn't notice staked bumped this thing from a longggg time ago thought it was a current dilemma...well seems to be for others not so much you. Just found out my GF actually has the flu...lucky her! I am probably next to get it!
    He doesn't get them because he eats properly and in alignment with how our bodies are supposed to operate (.e.g no grains, dairy, soy, corn, and legumes).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Registered User
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    385

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He doesn't get them because he eats properly and in alignment with how our bodies are supposed to operate (.e.g no grains, dairy, soy, corn, and legumes).
    I like my grains and Legumes though . Don't think I can abide by the hunter gather methods of eating
  28. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    I like my grains and Legumes though . Don't think I can abide by the hunter gather methods of eating
    missing out bro, the health benefits are tremendous
    BJJ = life
  29. Registered User
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    385

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I hate starting a topic when that topic already has a thread. This way all the info is in one spot. Plus my boy Anton started it so I had to bump it
    Makes 100% sense not to start another thread...this one had a lot of good idea's in it I would have never considered.
  30. Registered User
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    385

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    missing out bro, the health benefits are tremendous
    I do good for 75% of what not to eat via that method...just fail with grains and legumes. I have been a huge fruit and veggie eater for years. My fruit drawer always runneth over. My GF and son think I am nuts (no pun intended).
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. High histamine + seasonal allaergies + undermethylator
    By coolhammer in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 09:53 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
  3. GH and allergies?
    By Grunt76 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
  4. DNP allergies
    By GYM1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 11:52 AM
  5. Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD) and food cravings
    By Rhapsody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in