Seasonal allergies anyone

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Hey just wondering what other people do for their seasonal allergies. Just started getting it a couple years ago and now its getting a little heavy. You know the usual eye itch/redness, stuffed nose, and now my eyes started to swell in the morning as well. I know there are plenty of prescriptions/benadryl but I dont like to take pills and I'm trying to find a more natural way to deal with this. Or which OTC medications work the best? I guess Im going today to get something because I can barely see with all the itching. Thanks in advance my anabolic brethren.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Hey just wondering what other people do for their seasonal allergies. Just started getting it a couple years ago and now its getting a little heavy. You know the usual eye itch/redness, stuffed nose, and now my eyes started to swell in the morning as well. I know there are plenty of prescriptions/benadryl but I dont like to take pills and I'm trying to find a more natural way to deal with this. Or which OTC medications work the best? I guess Im going today to get something because I can barely see with all the itching. Thanks in advance my anabolic brethren.
I take a generic Claritin when it gets bad for me...otherwise I just live with it, as I have had them my whole life. Also have generic allergy eye drops...those burn like an SOB, but help a ton with the itching.

Natural remidy is eating locally produced honey...this does seem to help me some.

marshmallow man

marshmallow man

Awards
Yep, I take Zyrtec daily. If it gets real bad, I take a benadryl at night before bed. That is usually about one week a year though.

Dath

Awards
Oregano Oil capsules are what I take for allergies. They are the best thing I have ever found and I've tried everything. Claritin blows and Zyrtec might have helped a little but stick with the OO capsules. I use the stuff by Nature's Way, 60 caps to a bottle, and I pay less than $8 for a bottle.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol

jim623

Sweet thanks guys, going tomorow to get some local honey and gonna get some oregano oil today. What a biatch these allergies are. Anyone else's eyes get all swollen, like the eyelids and bags underneath? Feels like I got peppersprayed when Im driving with the windows down lol
That's the best thing, if you have a local bee farmer that will sell you some raw honey. The only thing better is if he also has some fresh local bee pollen. A tsp a day does wonders.

Dath

Awards
Do you wear contacts? If so, I would recommend not wearing them until the pollen count is down. Wear glasses if you have them. The pollen is irritating the hell out of your eyes and wearing contacts just makes it 10 times worse. Rinse your eyes as often as possible with cold water. I use Visine-A antihistamine/redness reliever eye drops and they do help. I've tried the Similasan homeopathic allergy eye drops and for me they are worthless. Whatever you do, do NOT itch your eyes!!! It will cause inflammation and make it worse. If they itch, rinse them with cold water. Hope that helps. I know what you're going through.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Methylcobalamin shots are the only real thing that helps me. 500mcg EoD reduces the inflammation/histamine and also helps with sleep.

jim623

Methylcobalamin shots are the only real thing that helps me. 500mcg EoD reduces the inflammation/histamine and also helps with sleep.
Histamine promotes test production, if you can get by without blocking it, you're better off.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Histamine promotes test production, if you can get by without blocking it, you're better off.
I'll sacrifice a little LBM to not be sneezing my ass off and losing sleep.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Your doctor got those? I guess Ill use that as the last resort. Almost fell asleep on my way to work from all the antihistamines. I couldnt even go to jiujitsu all last week the f'n swelling was so bad. Thanks everyone this is a great website.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your doctor got those? I guess Ill use that as the last resort. Almost fell asleep on my way to work from all the antihistamines. I couldnt even go to jiujitsu all last week the f'n swelling was so bad. Thanks everyone this is a great website.
Not exactly...

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Oh so get them online or something? Maybe my local weed dude has a stash lol

Genetiks80

Awards
I don't use medications.I have tried a few other things and they have helped quite a bit.I try to take a shower at 1-2 times day at the least.I also Keep all the windows close and keep the air on low.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump

I'm dying here! Anyone have any experience with Oregano Oil?

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Local honey works pretty well for me.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Would organic honey from a store like whole foods work?
No not really, it has to be from your location and grocery store honey is blended from everywhere and it's not raw honey. A friend of mine has a honey farm
(5000 hives +/_), he lets me trap the pollen on a few hives. A teaspoon a day of local pollen does wonders for allergies.

suresha

Awards
  • Established
I'M OFF TO THE MARKET TO GET ME SOME HONEY!!!!!!:run:

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I know this is going to sound really stupid.......But do you have/run a dehumidifier in your house?

My dehumidifier really helps with my allergies. Mold is one of the biggest causes of seasonal allergies and moisture=mold.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I think Staked did a drive by pepper spraying when you weren't looking!

Here in SC this is the time of the year when the pollen is ridiculous. I grew up in NJ which has more tree's than we have out here and it wasn't any where near the level of pollen here...I am blessed in the fact it only mildly kicks my ass. My GF is all jacked up right now...she was taking Allegra and stopped for a day or two and it caught her. She is a mess now . I asked her if she started taking it again and she said no , but while she was taking it the allergies seemed to be being held at bay...there is a claritin 24 hour pill that worked well for me when mine kicked in a little last year. GL bro I know it can be a miserable feeling.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I'M OFF TO THE MARKET TO GET ME SOME HONEY!!!!!!:run:
Just make sure it's LOCAL RAW honey.

You're from Florida?? I sure love that orange blossom honey they sell over there. I'm taking the little one to Disney pretty soon, I'm gonna stock up on OBH.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
funny that you guys brought this thread back. i actually never have seasonal allergies anymore ever since i started eating paleo. literally nothing, no itchiness or congestion. didnt have them last year and this year no sight of allergies.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
funny that you guys brought this thread back. i actually never have seasonal allergies anymore ever since i started eating paleo. literally nothing, no itchiness or congestion. didnt have them last year and this year no sight of allergies.

Ha didn't notice staked bumped this thing from a longggg time ago :oops: thought it was a current dilemma...well seems to be for others not so much you. Just found out my GF actually has the flu...lucky her! I am probably next to get it!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha didn't notice staked bumped this thing from a longggg time ago :oops: thought it was a current dilemma...well seems to be for others not so much you. Just found out my GF actually has the flu...lucky her! I am probably next to get it!
I hate starting a topic when that topic already has a thread. This way all the info is in one spot. Plus my boy Anton started it so I had to bump it ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He doesn't get them because he eats properly and in alignment with how our bodies are supposed to operate (.e.g no grains, dairy, soy, corn, and legumes).

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
He doesn't get them because he eats properly and in alignment with how our bodies are supposed to operate (.e.g no grains, dairy, soy, corn, and legumes).
I like my grains and Legumes though . Don't think I can abide by the hunter gather methods of eating

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I hate starting a topic when that topic already has a thread. This way all the info is in one spot. Plus my boy Anton started it so I had to bump it ;)
Makes 100% sense not to start another thread...this one had a lot of good idea's in it I would have never considered.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
missing out bro, the health benefits are tremendous
I do good for 75% of what not to eat via that method...just fail with grains and legumes. I have been a huge fruit and veggie eater for years. My fruit drawer always runneth over. My GF and son think I am nuts (no pun intended).

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
u basically get some saline water and either spray it or pour it into one nostril and it comes out the other. i used to work for an ear, nose, & throat doctor and they'd give away free samples of those mf'ers. just google 'sinus rinse.'

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the Netti Pot!! I have no idea how I ever survived colds and allergy seasons without it.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
I'd say an air purifier works best... Not to sound like a cheap ass.

But I picked up a used air purifier that should have cost 400 bucks for 50 used...

Check craigs Ora thrift store. Even though you can't carry it around on your back all day, it helps me even when I'm not at home. Maybe cause you get detoxed at home? Who knows...