what are some foods that contain casein?

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
i was reading that you should drink casein after a good meal, then 2 hours later have some foods with casein. but i have no clue what contains casein, besides milk and cottage cheese. anybody know any others? thanks in advance

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
any milk product - yogurt, any cheese, etc.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
^

Dairy products are very high in casein-protein percentage, milk is something like 80%.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
low fat, small curd cottage cheese is my night time stand-by.......

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I always feel like the casein shake is enough, most of the time I still feel it in my stomach when I wake up. Ill usually do like a scoop and a half, 30g or so. Anyone ever mix whey with casein before bed?

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
fedor the emperor!! antgon do you ever take casein in the morning?

joelast

joelast

Awards
I always feel like the casein shake is enough, most of the time I still feel it in my stomach when I wake up. Ill usually do like a scoop and a half, 30g or so. Anyone ever mix whey with casein before bed?
yeah i have a whey/caseine shake twice a day, one of which is before bed. I usually have like a tbs of pb with it too.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Casein, like whey, is a dairy protein. It is more prevalent in certain kinds of cheeses (e.g. ricotta), but it varies immensely. As already mentioned, the best source is going to be cottage cheese.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
fedor the emperor!! antgon do you ever take casein in the morning?
Nah never have, I feel a nasty pump from just doing whey. Ill do whey and some dextrose when I wake up and then whey again a little bit after breakfast. I dont really understand how casein sits undigested for awhile, gotta look into it. How well does it combine with other foods?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah never have, I feel a nasty pump from just doing whey. Ill do whey and some dextrose when I wake up and then whey again a little bit after breakfast. I dont really understand how casein sits undigested for awhile, gotta look into it. How well does it combine with other foods?
It doesn't sit undigested. Casein forms into a gel-like substance when put into an acidic environment such as the stomash.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
why use it during the day though?? whey and egg should be more than sufficient to stay anabolic between meals....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hate cottage cheese, but i drink a FF cottage cheese "shake" every night before bed. FF CC, walden farms sugar free chocolate syrup, and peanut butter.. Tastes like choc/peanut butter, cheese cake filling..lol

Anyone ever eat greek yogurt, such as fa_ge?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i use the greek yogurt in the place of butter a lot when im cooking.....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i use the greek yogurt in the place of butter a lot when im cooking.....
I gotta try that. Anything specifically?

I made a smoothie with it the other day, it was pretty good.

Then i had a second tub, i whipped it with peanut butter, splenda, and a touch of cinnamon, and made sort of like peanut butter frosting. Was bomb..lol

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
ive got a recipe for flax seed protien muffins that i use it in.....my girl makes some pretty badass "healthy" brownies with it....we've done lots of things, just got to experiment....