Another egg question .

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I want to cut the Cholesterol in my diet to a min. Any idea how much protien I would be losing by eating whites only?

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
i am not an egg scientist, but i think the whites are the protein source. i am not 100% but i believe there is very little protein in the yolks. maybe i am wrong though. any egg scientist out there that really know? cause i am curious myself.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
half the protein is in the yolk, half is in the white,roughly.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
The egg white conatains arround 3.6 grams of Protein and egg yolk contains 2.7 grams of Protein. In egg white the egg albumin is in majority where as in egg yolk it is lipoproteins. The numerical values have been generated from the hen's egg analysis.

Source:

Best Biotek Research Labs Bangalore-56

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The egg white conatains arround 3.6 grams of Protein and egg yolk contains 2.7 grams of Protein. In egg white the egg albumin is in majority where as in egg yolk it is lipoproteins. The numerical values have been generated from the hen's egg analysis.

Source:

Best Biotek Research Labs Bangalore-56
you need the yolk to have a full spectrum protein. if you only eat the whites it wont be full quality.

i dont think cholesterol causes cholesterol, but thats my opinion.

go for 2 whole eggs (the cholesterol supports test as well) and add 2-6 more egg whites,

whole eggs are very important IMO.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that info man. Good thing I eat nothin' but whole eggs!

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
whole eggs ftw, i had a successful cut eating 4-5 whole eggs a day no prob.

jumpcannon

jumpcannon

Awards
wow, now i am a master at the knowledge of eggs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The yolk not only contains cholesterol while being relatively low in saturated fats, it also contains choline (an essential neurotransmitter) and arachidonic acid (a potent anabolic).

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Yolk is where it's at, just limit how many yolks you eat.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i eat 5 whole eggs for breakfast every day .. im on CKD though.

clr18287

Awards
i eat a dozen eggs a day, and have for about a month now. my cholesterol has not increased. The AD has lowered my cholesterol from 150 to 129. Honestly, that's too low for me. I feel best with my cholesterol higher. Make sure you don't lower it too much, that's a whole other problem.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
I want to cut the Cholesterol in my diet to a min. Any idea how much protien I would be losing by eating whites only?
Dietary cholesterol has nowhere near the impact on one's actual cholesterol levels as traditionally believed. That is fairly old concept now.

kurtphyre

kurtphyre

Awards
Eat the entire egg. About 1/2 the protein is in the yolk as well as TONS of other important nutrients. Source: Arnold's Weightlifting Book

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Damn good feedback . Much appreciated . The whole egg is looking better and better . Good news as I hate to waste and it will be more economical for sure .

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
People have been eating whole eggs since our creation, there is no way that the cholesterol in just eggs could do any harm. If the chickens are properly fed, it just doesnt make any logical sense for the eggs to be unhealthy. I wish the food labels didn't have 1 egg as 60-70% of your cholesterol.. thats just what some people want to see so they can comfortably crack another box of cheezits/tub of icecream/any other s##t "food" instead of eating more wonderful nature given eggs. The food propaganda in this country is seriously out of control. I especially feel bad for kids, being raised on hotdogs and soda. Why are we the only people who take the time to eat right?????

jim623

Ive been eating whole eggs for 40 years and my cholesterol is fine.

Coachese

Coachese

Awards
you need the yolk to have a full spectrum protein. if you only eat the whites it wont be full quality.

i dont think cholesterol causes cholesterol, but thats my opinion.

go for 2 whole eggs (the cholesterol supports test as well) and add 2-6 more egg whites,

whole eggs are very important IMO.
Amen brother. Dietary Cholesterol is not responsible for people's high cholesterol. Trans and Sat Fat is much worse if you are concerned.