a few simple questions about CKD please

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
1. does it matter if i eat right before going to bed on CKD?
2. am i allowed to eat 100% soluble fiber sources ( maybe shiritaki aka miracle noodles?)
3. what about sugar free ( sucralose) Equate psyllium husk?
4. how about other sucralose/aspartame products?

thanks for any help

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
1. does it matter if i eat right before going to bed on CKD? you could,
2. am i allowed to eat 100% soluble fiber sources ( maybe shiritaki aka miracle noodles?)
3. what about sugar free ( sucralose) Equate psyllium husk?
4. how about other sucralose/aspartame products?

thanks for any help

1) you could, but i wouldnt. u shouldnt eat for an hr or 2 before bed depending on how heavyy the food your eating is.

2) the ony fiber sources you should b taking in are from green vegetables. Eat as many as you want, within reason.

3) no to both

4) no.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
all i want isnt that much if im getting 20g carbs a day.

5 of those carbs are for my eggs in the morning. 3 is from ranch with my chicken meals.

sooo.

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
yeah i hear what your saying but i just dont see the point in adding carbs for no real reason. but as long as your carefully calculated and under 20g u should be fine.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
well, supposedly, out of the 5g of carbs from a serving of psyllium husk, 2 are absorbed by the body ( 3g being fiber). i figure it will help with using the bathroom a lot more than 5g of carbs in vegetable form would. even if i used two servings of psyllium to guarantee using the bathroom, thats a total of 4 'net' carbs. conversly, 2 servings of broccoli probably won't.

know what i mean?

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree with you, take a fiber supplement once or twice a day and you"ll b fine.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Getting in around 20-30 grams of carbohydrates is muscle sparing on this diet.

bxxpeace

Awards
I have some psyllium whole husks that I use in my flax muffins and pancakes and when I need get things moving. Its made by Yerba Prima. Yerbaprima.com and it has 4.5 grams of carbs but its all fiber. You can also get other sources of fiber in your diet, just watch any net carbs. Most psyillium supps have sugar mixed in for flavor. If you want it for the fiber, just chug it and chase with a second glass of water.