Poll: Do you eat White bread or Wheat bread?

White bread vs Wheat bread?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lozgod View Post
    All of this is true but that stuff tastes horrible to me. If you can stomach it more power to you. I can't.
    I can't eat it if it's not toasted. That solved my problem. Now that is the only bread I like and will eat.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Wheat or this **** Called Health nut... i dunno i dont eat much bread anymore but i only eat wheat now.
  3. Registered User

i dont understand the huge debate.

one is higher GI than the other.

most people can stay thin eating moderate amounts of high GI items. you may as well have made a thread, Sweet potatoes or regular potatoes.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
    •   

4. Registered User

does ezekial actually taste that bad? i actually like health nut? bread. very grainy
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlargecalves View Post
    does ezekial actually taste that bad? i actually like health nut? bread. very grainy
    Try it to see. Everyone is different. I liked it from the jump. Some people say it has an "acquired" taste. You can definitely tell its not processed. It takes a while to chew it up.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Where do you get this Ezekial bread? I'm guessing whole foods type stores and not your normal grocery stores (like Walmart, publix, etc) right?

Honestly I have been eating whatever bread was put in front of me my whole life (Captain John Durst's Good Old Fashioned = f'n delicious and I mainly grew up on the stuff, and luckily didn't get fat) but wouldn't mind trying the healthier stuff for a bit. Last loaf I bought was Sara Lee's Honey Whole Wheat (was buying Sara Lee's Honey Wheat, but saw on the ingredients that it uses the enriched flour... guess that's why it tasted so much better than the honey whole wheat huh).

This stuff tastes incredible, and it's mainly sold in the south I believe (florida, georgia is where i've seen it). Stays fresh for way longer than other breads I've had. Delicious? YES. Healthy? HELL NO. Haha:

Ingredients: Bleached Wheat Flour, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, Contains 2% Or Less of Each of The Following Soybean Oil, Salt, Whey, Soy Flour, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Monoglycerides, Calcium Sulfate, Wheat Flour, Calcium Propionate (A Preservative), Calcium Sulfate, Beta, Carotene, Monocalcium Phosphate, Milk, Ammonium Sulfate, Malted Barley Flour, Potassium Bromate, Azodicarbonamide, Ferrous Sulfate(Iron), Niacin (A B Vitamin), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid (A B Vitamin)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...#ProductDetail
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I usually get mine at Sunshine Health Foods. But they carry it at Kroger where Im from. Its in the frozen section. Its about 1.25 higher at Kroger, though.
    Also, the freezer thing is good too. It will last forever. I usually buy 2-3 loaves at a time, and they never burn or ruin.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I LOVE white bread and can't really stand wheat eat it sometimes . Just not a fan of it. I was wondering how much better pumpernickel or rye bread are compared to white bread? anyone have some info on that?

wow i was only the second to vote for white bread.. lmao
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread
    By josheyy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:28 AM
  2. Bread is bad?
    By Zr1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM
  3. 100% whole wheat vs 100% whole grain bread