thoughts on this meal???

demetre

Awards
what do you think about this for my morning meal?

4 oz. of lean ground beef
2 eggs
1/2 cup red beans
2 cups collards raw
1/2 onion
1 carrot
2 tbs. flax seed
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. whit vinegar
2 tbs. ketchup
a few dashes of tabasco sauce

ca180

Awards
what do you think about this for my morning meal?

4 oz. of lean ground beef
2 eggs
1/2 cup red beans
2 cups collards raw
1/2 onion
1 carrot
2 tbs. flax seed
2 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. whit vinegar
2 tbs. ketchup
a few dashes of tabasco sauce

Sounds like some wicked meat loaf

demetre

Awards
the way i cook it is all in the same skillet then throw it in a bowl and enjoy with a spoon it taste great (krispy kreme would taste better) and works

demetre

Awards
i guess i need to ask the question differently....i am trying to see if this is a good meal to eat to loss weight?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Ground beef is a little too much for a morning meal, if you wanna lose weight try to eat like 3-4 eggs and maybe a cup of oatmeal. Do you need to eat the onions and ketchup in there? I always imagine that a big mashup of food does not digest well when it hits your stomach all at the same time. Keep it simple, dont add too many things if you dont need it. Breakfast is as easy as some egss, oats, little bit of juice, fish oil. Or you also do a protein shake instead of eggs somedays, or afterwards.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
Ground beef is a little too much for a morning meal, if you wanna lose weight try to eat like 3-4 eggs and maybe a cup of oatmeal. Do you need to eat the onions and ketchup in there? I always imagine that a big mashup of food does not digest well when it hits your stomach all at the same time. Keep it simple, dont add too many things if you dont need it. Breakfast is as easy as some egss, oats, little bit of juice, fish oil. Or you also do a protein shake instead of eggs somedays, or afterwards.
why would ground beef be too much? as long as its lean you should be able to eat this whenever....i sure do.....also i dont think the onions and ketchup are going to hinder the absorbtion of the food at all...

op....depending on what your daily macros look like this would be a fine breakfast....a lil high in fat mabye replace the whole eggs with whites...but again that depends on your diet plan....sounds good though....

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
That meal is grade A in my book :thumbsup:

jordybb

jordybb

Awards
You are loosing or gaining . if gaining then its good but loosing ???? i must say change it ...

demetre

Awards
thanks jordybb ......i am trying to lose what should i change

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd eat that definitely. It's what, about 35g Prot, 45g Fat, 20g Cho I believe. If you're going for Low GI, high fiber, and mod. healthy fat it's a winner.

However, whether or not you'll lose fat will also depend on the rest of your meals and your total caloric intake.