Low Carb Milk

Raptorbh12

Awards
Does anyone know of some mass distributed brands of low carb milk? I know wal-mart carries low carb milk made by Hood but i do not have a super wal-mart anywhere near where I live. Does Giant, Shoppers Food, or Safeway carry a good low carb brand?

Future

Not sure. I prefer soy or rice milk personally. Regular milk actually isnt that good for you.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Not sure. I prefer soy or rice milk personally. Regular milk actually isnt that good for you.
I'm not big on cow's milk either anymore. I would definitely consider it healthier than soymilk though. I go for almond milk myself.

Future

Soy I actually like. I know all the evidence that goes back and forth but I have had no issues that I am aware of. I will try almond milk though. Thanks!

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Soy I actually like. I know all the evidence that goes back and forth but I have had no issues that I am aware of. I will try almond milk though. Thanks!
There's a lot of evidence saying it interferes with protein metabolism and thyroid function. You can never trust those studies. It could just happen in a petri dish but I just avoid it because they are other options so why chance it.

Future

Interesting. If you have some links post them up. I will heed your advice on that.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
For what it's worth, Carl from Super Human Radio did a show on the dangers of soy.

Raptorbh12

Awards
Well I ended up finding what I was looking for. Low carb milk with 45 calories per cup and 8g protein and 3 carbs and no fat.
Just curious though, why is there so much dissension regarding cows milk?