Its been two days since my last cigarette...

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Holy ****. I feel so wierd. I guess im quitting. I dont feel much motivation to quit...or to smoke...I started smoking after I joined the Corps. It has helped pass the time, with all the standby. It has reduce stress to almost nothing. Fun in clubs and while drinking.

Well, it's been two days. On day one, we went for a 4 mile run, and it felt natural to breath through my nose the entire time. Never did that before now...I feel really worn out and my lungs feel tired. My libido has gone up so much. Before I quit here in Spain, when I rubbed one out, it didnt feel like anything special or as it use to. Now, im doing two/three a days, and it feels amazing each time.

My bro and I sat the exchange debating about getting smokes. I didnt get any, my friend did. But the craving went down since then. Heres to hoping I stay off them...

LeeRoi

Awards
I just quit at the end of April, I've smoked a couple drinking but that's it. Before I used to smoke half a pack day. It's only hard the first few days, after that it's a piece of cake. Good luck man

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i quit 5 years ago. tough..... real tough - but worth it - i feel much better. I actually can still have one once in blue moon and not pick up the habit or have a cigar.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I hope you can stay off em bro! Long time ago I smoked for like....2 weeks, felt the difference in my breathing, and said Screw that. I like oxygen in my lungs and body :D

Stay off, and you will see more and more come back to you over time. I think its possible to recover most if not all of the damage done.

merph

merph

Awards
Quitting sucks. I quit cold turkey from about 1 1/2-2 packs a day after about 8 years. I was one mean angry motherf#*)er for about a week. After that I just got annoyed easier than usual. It took about a month to be fully fine. Still get a fit every now and again.

As for making down time pass you ain't kidding. My unit is famous for drinking coffee and smoking buts. lol

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
It sucks. I been there. It does feel good when you realize you are getting more oxygen and you have a ton of energy all of a sudden. Stick with it, it is one of the hardest things to do yet the most rewarding.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I quit two months ago cold turkey, the first week is the hardest. It gets easier and you realize how much time you would waste smoking.

warzchit

Awards
i quit cold turkey two years ago after smoking 1 1/2 packs a day for over ten years
what help me was sunflower seeds and (sounds silly but) i use to reprimand my self like i was my child "didnt i tell you you were not allowed to smoke get back to what you were doing NOW!!!!!" lol hey it worked 2 years strong and my wife smokes but not in the house or car

ca180

Awards
I quit after 5 years of smoking and I'm only 24... It sucks donkey balls, but you get used to it.

I guess I haven't completely quit. I still enjoy a black and mild at the bar once a month or so.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Holy ****. This withdrawal is ****ing me up. Im having mood swings like it's that time of the month. Im really pissed, then get really energetic, then get really depressed, then pissed, then sad...The hell.

That, and missing my girlfriend is ****ing with me too. Im starting to get paranoid that shes goina leave me. **** I need 2morrow to come so I can destroy the gym, then finally have a beer, or jug of Sangria.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Holy ****. This withdrawal is ****ing me up. Im having mood swings like it's that time of the month. Im really pissed, then get really energetic, then get really depressed, then pissed, then sad...The hell.

That, and missing my girlfriend is ****ing with me too. Im starting to get paranoid that shes goina leave me. **** I need 2morrow to come so I can destroy the gym, then finally have a beer, or jug of Sangria.
Hold in there bro. It will get better after it gets worse. Push it all out in the gym, sweat it all out brotha. Just remember to tell yourself all your emotions going crazy are all withdraw induced so remind yourself whats real and whats not.

BTW your a USMC Devil Dog SON! Aint no force in hell can stop ya

JDK5386

Anxiety begets cravings. Its easier to attack anxiety than it is cravings. Addressing the concerns about your girlfriend will probably help control cravings.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i quit 6 months ago or so cold turkey, theres no other way. i kept telling myself i would quit and then id get mad or have girl problems and buy another pack. i started 5 years ago but it was just a little then got more intense the last 3 years before i quit. its a pain and hard as hell but its so worth it when ur finally done with it. i dont have any sort of cravings at all, they were bad the first week but got better till after like 3 weeks i was totally not craving anything.... plus i gained like 6 pounds when i quit and got a bunch stronger. i guess from better blood flow. but i really hope u kick it because u will be much happier.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Well besides from having an amazing day, and finally getting a high first class PFT (means 50 more points to promotion), I really think my girl is going to break up with me.

Got a text/email, "I've been thinking, we need to talk"...So yeah, I dont see this ending well...

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
The actually cravings come in waves and last about 5 minutes. They are easier to cope with the overall roller coaster of emotions that come. Been there. It's tough but worth it. Suck it up soldier!