fruit to eat????

UKStrength

What is the best fruit to eat to lose weight?
No fruit will make you lose weight mate, taking in less calories than you expend throughout the day will help you lose weight.

All fruits are good for you, full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. Definitely try to get as full a range of possible in your diet, even when trying to lose weight.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Berries (strawberries, black berries, blueberries, etc.) are the lowest GI, lowest carb and highest nutrient packed fruits. They win all the way around. Won't do anything to cause the body to lose weight as stated as above but fit great in to a an overall plan to lose weight.

Burner

Awards
As far as the glycemic index is concerned, blue berries, strawberry's and grapefruit are great choices.

demetre

Awards
thank you actually that is what i meant just said it wrong
what about apples?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Grapefruit is a great idea; helps with digestions, very low GI and GI load. Berries in small portions, however I would suggest kidney beans/lentils are also a good choice (I know they're not fruits, but have less fructose and plenty of micronutrients).

demetre

Awards
thanks man that is actually another concern i had "beans"
so do you think kidney or black?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dark red kidney beans with high fiber content are my favourite, however if you really prefer black beans it's like splitting hairs here. Take Beano if you wish to avoid the gas. Probiotics and Food Enzymes are also other options.

demetre

Awards
the only preference i have is not to eat any beans but they seem so good nutriently speaking i will start to eat them and learn to like it

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
thank you actually that is what i meant just said it wrong
what about apples?
Apples are good. They're roughly 40 on the GI if I remember correctly. Each apple contains about 3-4 grams of fiber.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
If your purpose of adding fruit is for nutrients, apples aren't as nutrient dense as berries. If it is for fiber than the apple would have the upper hand.

manishfusion

Awards
i think lemon and mango .. these are good for weight lose