Psyillium Husk - Anabolic Diet

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Psyillium Husk - Anabolic Diet

I am having some intestinal woes on the 3rd day of the Anabolic diet..I would really really like to up my fiber somehow without carbs. Is psyllium husk something I have to count carbs with? It's the raw unflavored kind from the health food store. It says its 3g soluble and 2g insoluble, total carbs 5g. Can I load up?!

How about MiraLax?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I wouldn't load up all at once. Yes, you don't have to count the carbs, since your body doesn't absorb it. Start slow. You have to build up to more fiber intake. If you have been backed up for three days, then you are going to feel like you are passing a cinder block.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

I really like ground up/milled flaxseed, not many carbs and really high in fiber. Also its cheap, Ive been getting mine at vshoppe for $7 a bag. its got loads of omega 3, just gotta keep it in the fridge to retain it all.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Remember some of the fiber in the husks are soluble, which means it will be absorbed by the body, so you would count that.
  5. ax1
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    Remember some of the fiber in the husks are soluble, which means it will be absorbed by the body, so you would count that.
    as long as it doesnt impact blood sugar it shouldnt matter if the body absorbs it or not.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

yea, in response to the cynder block.. my weight has not changed at all in 3 days.. where is the food going? it's like my stomach feels normal.. theres just no movement of anything... it's got to be somewhere right?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

It hasn't moved. It's backing up in your colon and large intestines. Take some fiber if you haven't already, maybe a stool softner also. No need for an enema or anything. The fiber will push that stuff out. It's probably going to be painfull. Gradually increase the amount of fiber every couple days. They say you should have 20-30g of fiber a day, but you wouldn't want to down that mych the first time.

Also, can you eat broccoli on the anabolic diet? If so, I would add that in each day. I eat a 12oz bag of frozen broccoli a day=120 cals, 16 carbs minus 8 fiber=8 net carbs, and 4 protein.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

I am having some intestinal woes on the 3rd day of the Anabolic diet..I would really really like to up my fiber somehow without carbs. Is psyllium husk something I have to count carbs with? It's the raw unflavored kind from the health food store. It says its 3g soluble and 2g insoluble, total carbs 5g. Can I load up?!

How about MiraLax?
    I'm sure the psyllium husk would be fine... the book itself says that fiber doesn't count towards your daily carb intake. Also, due to individual biochemistry, your net carb intake for the day is going to differ from someone elses; the ranges they stated were between 20g-50g if I'm not mistaken.

Considering your on your 3rd day, I'd say just hang in there. You definitely have to expect some intestinal distress, your body isn't going to adjust in that small of a period of time.

If anyone has *questions* about the Anabolic Diet, I'm sure I could direct you towards a very reliable source. just shoot me a PM
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by clr18287 View Post

How about MiraLax?
    I tried psyllium husk the first few days, but now I use Glucommanan Powder and it's GREAT for upping the satiety factor and getting in that fiber with no net carbs. You can google Konjac foods and they sell it online or you can probably find it in your local health food store. I had originally heard about it on The Fitcast podcast and it's been a highly useful tool in AD. Just don't get the glucomannan pills - get the powder so you can add it into foods. I used it with a some sugar free jello powder and also in my turkey chili.
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I put psyllium in all my protein shakes. Makes them nice and thick and keeps me quite regular, even on a low carb diet.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump on Anabolic Diet ?s
    By bj22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
  2. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:31 AM
  3. Getting off anabolic diet - with anabolic pump's help
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM