Grapefruit juice and opiats

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
So i just read an interesting artical that said that driking grapefruit juice prolongs and intesifys the effect of opiats and it got me thinking. Are their any other combinations like this? Are their certain supps that interact with other supps to prolong the effects? Say like pre workout energy supps.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ephadra and Aspirin.

PEA and Hordenine.

All I can think of atm. No doubt there are MANY more.

TaPo31

Awards
There are many of these type interactions, especially those which interact with the same metabolizing enzymes. The most well known example of this is the herbal supplement St. John's Wort, which increases the activity of an enzyme known as CYP3A4. This enzyme is the one responsible for the metabolism of over half of pharmaceuticals on the market today, so you can see how these dramatic interactions can occur.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
There are many of these type interactions, especially those which interact with the same metabolizing enzymes. The most well known example of this is the herbal supplement St. John's Wort, which increases the activity of an enzyme known as CYP3A4. This enzyme is the one responsible for the metabolism of over half of pharmaceuticals on the market today, so you can see how these dramatic interactions can occur.
interesting. I wonder what all we digest throughout the day that increases the metabolism of the supps we take. I wonder if my diet has somethin to do with why stims dont effect me that much

killfat

killfat

Awards
That's mainly with Valium, it turns it into a crazy speedball if you take w/grapefruit.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
If you ever see "Naringin", that is what is in high concentrations in grapefruit which inhibits cytochrome P450 enzymes from metabolizing drugs. Basically, other chemicals in your system will act longer and/or be more concentrated because they aren't being broken down. That's why physicians may advise against citrus fruits like grapefruits or oranges when you dose your prescription meds.

AN's RPM and Drive both contain Naringin.