Anabolic Diet - Fat gain first days? - AnabolicMinds.com

Anabolic Diet - Fat gain first days?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Anabolic Diet - Fat gain first days?

Hi all,

I started the Anabolic Diet yesterday -- the 12 day start. I've had less than 30g of carbs both days but I am definitely not feeling like there's any nudge of a change.. maybe even more fat. I've been eating basically all day long to get the 2900 calories recommended. Is it possible I'm eating too much protein and not enough fat? Can this cause fat gain if the protein is more than the fat? I've read the book but it's just such an intense way of changing your diet!! It's a mental mindF@@K.

Anybody's tips or words of encouragement are definitely welcome..

Thanks alot.

2. Senior Member

How is it possible you're eating too much protein and not enough fat if you're eating the requisite macro ratios? I gained 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks. A year and a half later I've lost 85lbs. BTW, talk about impatient. Did I read correctly where you wrote you're on day 2? RELAX.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Your probably just loosing some glycogen which is going to make you feel softer then usual. Stick with it, once you get use to the diet its pretty awesome.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

haha yea, you could say i'm impatient.. i guess after so much hard work you don't want to mess it all up by diving into unknown territory.especially with the anabolic diet which is like i said, an entirely new thought process in diet management. i'm all for taking educated risks and finding what works best i just wanted some reassurance.

to be honest i havent been counting macros.. i've just been eating a ton of eggs and steak as well as oils (sesame, flax, udo's, fish, olive, canola, sunflower). psyillium husk is going to be much needed.

The crazy thing is.. I worked out today after having zero carbs for two days and my training was REALLY good. I have not felt crappy or craved carbs at all. I had more energy than when I would eat brown rice or sweet potatoes pre workout.. how could this be? I've been on a no grain diet for a year now..so maybe i'm just used to not having that addiction.

pmiller, thanks.
  5. Senior Member

Unfortunately, you have to count the macros. There are hidden carbs in many foods(eggs being one of them), if you don't count, you don't know where you went wrong. Also, if you're not counting, how can you be sure you're eating 2900 calories. Don't reinvent the wheel. As designed, the diet works. All you have to do is stick to it.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I assume you are trying to gain weight? Then what is the problem? Keep on it.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

the hardest part of it is going be the fact that i cannot eat dairy products or gluten. gluten is kind of off limits anyways so it's a sweet proposition. what can i replace cheese with? just more fat?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by clr18287 View Post
    Hi all,

I started the Anabolic Diet yesterday -- the 12 day start. I've had less than 30g of carbs both days but I am definitely not feeling like there's any nudge of a change.. maybe even more fat. I've been eating basically all day long to get the 2900 calories recommended. Is it possible I'm eating too much protein and not enough fat? Can this cause fat gain if the protein is more than the fat? I've read the book but it's just such an intense way of changing your diet!! It's a mental mindF@@K.

Anybody's tips or words of encouragement are definitely welcome..

Thanks alot.
    Are you cutting or bulking right now? I've been on AD for 2 months now and I LOVE it (and this is coming from a former vegetarian and former Runners World diet chick!) but the 1st two weeks will be a rollercoaster ride for your weight and mind because of so much water weight fluctuations and energy levels. Just be SUPER mindful about your macros and sticking to the AD induction phase and then start making your adjustments. I've gotten pretty low BF through a variety of means the past few years, but the AD is awesome once you get used to it. Having been on AD the past 2 months has DEFinitely gotten me back down to my sixpack again but this time I don't look like an emaciated ferret since I'm not protein or fat deprived. The mental mind f**k is real the first two weeks but if you maintain the intestinal fortitude to keep at it it WILL pay off. Just don't try to "eyeball" food macros or calories the first few weeks - you have to make sure to use those fitday type calculators and such. GOOD LUCK!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. >>>the Right Way To Gain 10-15lbs In 15 Days With The One!!!<<<
    By Rosie Chee in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM