Help with small diet adjustment - AnabolicMinds.com

Help with small diet adjustment

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Help with small diet adjustment

I am currently trying to configure a 5000 calorie diet with under 50 grams of fat. I am at 4300 calories, and about 43 grams of fat. I need to add 700 calories, preferably split up between a snack and lunch. Here is what I have so far......

Breakfast- 2 servings Oatmeal/ 16oz OJ
    Snack- 2 servings weight gainer
    Lunch- Fruit Cup/ Yogurt/ 12oz Gatorade/...........?
    Post Workout- 2 servings weight gainer
    Dinner- Chicken Breast/ 1/2 cup cottage cheese/ 1 cup rice/ 12oz Juice

I'd like to add a snack pre workout and more calories to lunch without fat.....
    Totals are 4300 cals, 629 carbs, 322 protein, and 43 grams fat.

Any ideas????

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Any particular reason your trying to get under 10% fat? What are your goals with this diet?

No protein in meal 1 and 3?

What does this weight gainer consist of?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Whatever food I add to meal 3 will have protein, the gainer is 2 servings of pro complex gainer. It's 630 cals and 60 grams of protein per serving made up of whey, egg, and casein.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

629 carbs? is insane.

i take it that your bulking?

50grams of fat is low if your bulking. chuck in some nuts.

for example:

Macadamia nut kernels 100g:

770kcal

Fat 75.8g
    of which saturates 12.1g
    mono-unsaturates 58.9g
    polyunsaturates 1.5g

you NEED fat in your diet for growth and repair. Mono-unsaturates and polyunsaturates are GOOD fats.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Your diet is very low in fat, as I am sure that you know. I'd say that it is definitely TOO low in fat. Like Chub said, you need more fat in your diet. It will help keep your hormone levels normal; throwing hormone levels off will not result in a good thing.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Prepare to gains lots of fat from this diet. There is a ton of maltodextrin in that gainer and leads to fat gain in most.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

What about cytogainer?
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    What about cytogainer?
    What about the fats?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Don't be so obsessed with under 10% fat... why 10%?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Everyone's an expert, forget it. The thread is for a diet adjustment, not everyone's opinion on how much fat I need in my diet.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    Everyone's an expert, forget it. The thread is for a diet adjustment, not everyone's opinion on how much fat I need in my diet.
    Do you really want opinions on how to adjust your diet to get the best results or not? I gather since you are asking a pretty basic question about nutrition that you are still on a learning curve, which is perfectly ok. Everyone is or has been there. You need to decide if you want advice or not, then decide if you want to take said advice.

According to your numbers, you have so far 322 grams of protein, with only about 80 or so coming from actual food. I don't know why you think you need 5000 calories, but you should have 70-80% from real food, then make up the difference with shakes. If you want good advice to help you, then post up some specifics about you and your stats and your goals. We here can look at the WHOLE picture and make recommendations accordingly.

If you want someone to give blind advice to 1 specific question, when it appears you need more education, you won't get a lot of that. You might get a few responses, but for the most part, most people here are about helping you succeed the safest and most efficient way. If you don't like that, then so be it.

EDIT: I read some of another post you wrote. It looks like you are in a weird spot, maybe. Your profile pic shows a pretty good physique, so I recant the newbie slant I thought you were. You still need to get down the basics of PROPER nutrition, which based on your proposed diet, needs work. I still think you should be consuming more whole food than shakes. If I were drinking 2 shakes with nearly 1200 cals and 700 carbs, I would be bloated too.

This is what you posted in your "frustrated lifter" post:
    "So I have been lifting steady for about 4 years now. When I originally started I was about 170 lbs, now I weigh in around 210. Just under 10% body fat. My bench is around 350. I have absolutely platuead and it is the most frustrating thing in the world. More protein doesn't help, more calories don't help. I have changed my lifting routine several times, literally have tried every supplement on the market. I am so annoyed it is unbearable. I would like to weigh in around 220 at 6-7% bodyfat. I am actually losing mass and I have no idea why. I currently eat between 3500 and 4000 calories with over 300 grams of protein. I have taken in more calories and more protein but have made no gains. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated....... and please no creatine remarks or (you should be taking in more cals) I tried going to 5000 cals for a month and made no gains and just felt bloated all the time."
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

No but 10% is a minimal amount in the diet. Need it to keep cell integrity and as fuel for BMR.

Great point young and free... eat whole food sources over shakes. They are supplements because they supplement the diet for deficits.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Yea those weight gainers seem to just have 200 g of carbs per serving just from maltodextrin, thats total overkill. ronnie Fn coleman cant metabolize that, and they suggest you take it before bed as well lol

I feel bad for teenagers that are buying that crap up. Clogged colon is all you get from overdosing on shakes, but I guess the scale will keep climbing at least lol
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Cut down my shakes, im around 4700 cals, 300+ protein, a little over 600 carbs, 50 grams of fat, with more whole food. I'm going to start Monday so I'll keep a log after I get my weight, bodyfat, etc.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

more GOOD fat, less carbs
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Adjustment needed for vacation
    By littlebigman7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. Mid cycle adjustment?!
    By MoparRob in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
  3. Forskolin Adjustment
    By amicold in forum Supplements