1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Drinking Eggwhites

I know some of you do this, some of you may not, but I think it is a great way to knock out 50grams of great protein in 2 minutes.

I buy the costco brand eggwhites (6 cartons for $7). I take either crystal light or powerade zero and pour just a little inside the eggwhites. Shake real good and drink away. Taste a little like the powerade and really is pretty good.

*****Raw egg whites are undigestable, but the pasteruization process neutralizes the Avidin and kills salmonella so they are an awesome, 100% readily available source of protein for your body.

****Liquid egg whites, that are low heat pasteurized, cooks the egg whites at 134 degrees. This temperature kills any salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin enzyme without damaging the protein which allows the egg whites to be digested optimally.

Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw

When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs (over 134 degrees), you begin to destroy the true value of the protein.

Drinking pasteurized egg whites is better than cooking them....but the same is not true for raw eggs

Just make sure they are pasteurized/homogenized eggwhites.

later

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Do you feel a difference? You know, a better after-breakfast pump? Ive been considering doing this, but I mix 1 cup of whites usually with 2-3 eggs and cook. But if there is a difference in how they feel once absorbed I woldnt mind drinking them suckas
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I dont feel much of a difference. I mean, sometimes for lunch, if i cant get anything, ill grab a carton of eggwhites and knock them down. I just couldnt imagine trying to scramble all those eggwhites and eat them.....especially when i can drink the whole carton in t-minus 5minutes....

"Drinking pasteurized egg whites is better than cooking them....but the same is not true for raw eggs"
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.89%

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs (over 134 degrees), you begin to destroy the true value of the protein.
    The literature disagrees with you. Cooking proteins increases their bioavailability. There is no reason to not cook eggs.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%

hows the taste? I'd rather drink them than try to eat a plate full of eggs.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

for me...tasteless. I actually enjoy them

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

not saying it doesnt increase their bioavailability, BUT, would you rather eat a bucket full of scrambled eggwhites, or drink a carton of eggwhites in less than 3 minutes flat from the time you open the frig to the time you change the channel a few times?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    The literature disagrees with you. Cooking proteins increases their bioavailability. There is no reason to not cook eggs.
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.53%

Only reason neutralizing the Avadin is important is it otherwise can cause biotin deficiency. With whole eggs you get all the biotin in the yolk which counter acts this. Nothing to do with bio availability.

This whole denatured protein thing really needs to stop. Your stomach acid denatures protein, not just heating.

I have eaten raw whole eggs almost everyday my entire adult life and have never been sick. Higher risk of getting sick from raw spinach.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.89%

not saying it doesnt increase their bioavailability, BUT, would you rather eat a bucket full of scrambled eggwhites, or drink a carton of eggwhites in less than 3 minutes flat from the time you open the frig to the time you change the channel a few times?

Actually, you specifically said that here:

Drinking pasteurized egg whites is better than cooking them[/B]
    Aside from greater bioavailability in cooked eggs, as someone that is in a micro lab a lot...I'd much rather cook them. Salmonella contamination is not as infrequent as people think.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.77%

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    well remember when you where a kid playing out in the snow and you got a 6 inch cold snotter hanging from your nose and you sniff it up and it goes down the back of your throat hhahhaaaa taste sorta like that lmao
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jef2007 View Post
    well remember when you where a kid playing out in the snow and you got a 6 inch cold snotter hanging from your nose and you sniff it up and it goes down the back of your throat hhahhaaaa taste sorta like that lmao
    LMAO!!
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    Its way more convenient from both a speed of eating as well as comfort of eating in volume. I can smack down 12 eggs worth of whites liquid with a cup of oatmel, but can't do 8 scrambled with the cup of oatmeal

plus show me anywhere in the literature where they compare cooked egg whites vs pasteurized. all the data i've seen shows cooked vs raw, and pasteurized is not raw.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.89%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    plus show me anywhere in the literature where they compare cooked egg whites vs pasteurized. all the data i've seen shows cooked vs raw, and pasteurized is not raw.
    What are you wanting to compare? Pasteurization does not cook the egg and as such the bioavailability remains as if it was raw. It only aids in reducing microbial growth.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.77%

I know that eating 4 eggs at 1 time is hard for me to do. I used to drink them raw.but ide do 3 at the most at one time.Then ide do it again. i couldnt do a whole glass like rocky did makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck thinking about it,

It is quick and easier and you can deffinitly swollow more then you can eat ( thats sounds a little strange there lol but true..
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.09%

Well I guess I'm about to dump a packet of raspberry benefiber into a carton of egg whites and chug it... yay or nay?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

do it....do it

Quote Originally Posted by PhysiqueFreak View Post
    Well I guess I'm about to dump a packet of raspberry benefiber into a carton of egg whites and chug it... yay or nay?
  17. purebred

this is actually a pretty good idea. i used to add liquid egg whites to shakes just for fun before (wasn't even exercising at the time). i imagine it would be more cost effective long-term to purchase liquid egg whites on-line.

definitely not a bad idea though, msucurt. rather chug some egg protein than a "muscle milk'. if i want some flavor i'll throw in some flavored protein powder and shake it up!

in conclusion, are we throwing away our money by doing this (referring to bioavailability)?
  18. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.99%

Whats the cost breakdown for the 6 cartons of costco eggs for $7 bucks. How many eggs does that equal out to?

Im definitely willing to try this as a way to add some quick and easy protein, as was already said, cooking and eating 8 eggs would be more time consuming that just guzzling a carton of kirkland "real" eggs.

Also, it seems these "liquid carton" eggs have a very very long shelf life compared to actual eggs(the ones Ive seen have a few months of shelf life before expiration versus about a month with actual eggs.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

each 1/4 cup is equiv to 1 egg. so I think those are 16oz each for 8 eggs each, or 48 eggs (4 doz) for the $7
  20. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.99%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    each 1/4 cup is equiv to 1 egg. so I think those are 16oz each for 8 eggs each, or 48 eggs (4 doz) for the $7
    I'll have to check your math before I dive into this, but assuming your correct, since I have no reason to doubt you, that price is not bad at all, in my eyes.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.5%

If you guys are looking for liquid protein, wouldn't a protein blend be cheaper in the long run? Now I could understand if your were eating actual egg yolks along with it, but 12 scrambled egg whites is absolutely nothing in terms of eating volume. I usually keep a couple cartons of soft boiled eggs in my fridge and eat 6-8 eggs if Im on the run. I know most of you won't want that much fat in a meal, but if it fits in your diet they are awesome. I completely understand the convenience of the liquid eggs too, I buy them for omelets when ever I can get them on sale but if your just drinking them it seems like there are some better options out there.

Now if you see them at a gas station or something and your looking for a quick fix I could understand that. Im not trying to start up any arguments or anything, it just seems like there are better options out there.

Edit: I just reread the first post and 6 cartons for $7.00 bucks is a good deal on these, but Im still sticking to my story...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i agree, but chugging down a carton of eggwhites makes me feel more of a man than drinking a sissy protein blend shake......thats just me though

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    If you guys are looking for liquid protein, wouldn't a protein blend be cheaper in the long run? Now I could understand if your were eating actual egg yolks along with it, but 12 scrambled egg whites is absolutely nothing in terms of eating volume. I usually keep a couple cartons of soft boiled eggs in my fridge and eat 6-8 eggs if Im on the run. I know most of you won't want that much fat in a meal, but if it fits in your diet they are awesome. I completely understand the convenience of the liquid eggs too, I buy them for omelets when ever I can get them on sale but if your just drinking them it seems like there are some better options out there.

Now if you see them at a gas station or something and your looking for a quick fix I could understand that. Im not trying to start up any arguments or anything, it just seems like there are better options out there.

Edit: I just reread the first post and 6 cartons for $7.00 bucks is a good deal on these, but Im still sticking to my story...
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.69%

haha i'm glad that i'm not the only person that routinely chugs cartons of egg whites. i ran a bit of an experiment about half a year ago where i got allll of my protein from liquid egg whites for two weeks.... actually made quite a huge difference as far as vascularity goes. now i do it routinely. theres nothing like "packing a lunch", bringing it to work, then watching the looks of horror as i slam 15 oz of egg whites. yummmm

my training partner/roommate refuses to touch the stuff and won't even really eat eggs... i'd like to think that's the sole reason i'm 215lbs and he's 190lbs even though we're both the exact same height and bodyfat %. EGG WHITES FTW
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.69%

i agree, but chugging down a carton of eggwhites makes me feel more of a man than drinking a sissy protein blend shake......thats just me though

word.
  25. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Im not trying to start up any arguments or anything, it just seems like there are better options out there.
    i can see that. nothing wrong with playing devil's avocado! makes for good discussion and critical thinking. +1

Similar Forum Threads

1. drinking once in a while..
    By sportf190 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
  2. drinking to much?
    By Doubravkody in forum Bulking
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 10:23 PM
  3. anyone actually go out drinking?
    By justreading in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26