Beans?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Beans??

1. New Member

Beans??

Just curious what people think about beans. What sparked my interested is that I have eaten chicken and beans before I've worked out the past couple of times and have killed it in the gym. Nothing else has changed except for that meal. Pretty much black beans/tomato paste and plenty of veggies (pretty much chilli).

I have read on a couple of websites how good beans can be for you healthwise and one cup has 15grams of protein.

When I read a lot of people's sample diet on this site no one ever mentions them. I did read the sticky and it was mentioned it would be good post workout...but what about throughout the day?? Better for a bulk or can they be used on a cut??

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Beans are great for you. I think when most people are limiting their carbs, they get the ax since you can consume alot of carbs in small portions. I read somewhere along time ago that the combination of black beans and rice create an excellent amino profile that shouldn't be overlooked, although it usually is.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.

Good source of low GI carbs.
    •   

4. New Member

Yeah I read that as well. Would eating beans before every workout that I lifted in hurt in the cutting process?? Lately I've turned more towards organic whole foods...and have been looking into different protein sources and not only are they cheap but pack a good punch for the gym.
  5. New Member

They are the magical fruit. Go for it.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

beans, lentils, pearled barley, chick peas, etc... really can't be beat. great low GI carb sources amongst other benefits. perfect for cutting, bulking, maintenance, performance, whatever... should definately be a year round staple nomatter what your plan is. the only thing to change up w/ changing goals is overall intake. eat up mate!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Baked Beans after a workout are outstanding. Good carb and tastes great...
  8. New Member

Thanks...just went to the store and beaned up!! Life is about to get magical
  9. UKStrength

Awesome source of fibre and carbohydrate (low glycaemic index) just build up your intake slowly and eat with a good amount of water to prevent ´gastric issues´
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  °¿° lbs.

Always drink water after your carb meal for better glycogen absorption. ^and also to prevent 'gas'tric issues
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  185 lbs.

Beans and rice make a "complete protein". Like everyone has stated, it's an excellent source of low gi carbs with added protein! Careful though, gas is a side effect, nevertheless you will "rip" the benefits.....=)
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chuebner View Post
    Just curious what people think about beans. What sparked my interested is that I have eaten chicken and beans before I've worked out the past couple of times and have killed it in the gym. Nothing else has changed except for that meal. Pretty much black beans/tomato paste and plenty of veggies (pretty much chilli).

I have read on a couple of websites how good beans can be for you healthwise and one cup has 15grams of protein.

When I read a lot of people's sample diet on this site no one ever mentions them. I did read the sticky and it was mentioned it would be good post workout...but what about throughout the day?? Better for a bulk or can they be used on a cut??
    I eat tons of beans there great very nuticious. Try Lentils they are very good in carbs and proteins. Read up on it.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

yaaa its Good source of low GI carbs.
  14. New Member

Thanks for all the info...im on the fence about slowly giving up all meat and adding other sources of protein. I have checked out lentles and they look great as well. And i can get it all in bulk and organic too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Black Beans
    By Prometherion in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
  2. effectiveness of beans??
    By chuebner in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
  3. Beans and Gas-X
    By hemotep in forum Weight Loss