Please critique my diet

LeeRoi

Awards

I finally figured out why I was stuck at 185ish, I WASN'T EATING ENOUGH!

For some stupid reason, I had messed up when I calculated everything this weekend, my total was only around 2500-2600 not nearly enough

Yeah when I was 150 that was more than enough, but now that I weigh more I need to eat more food. For some reason I had calculated I was eating around 3000 but I was wrong.

I re did my food intake and this should break me into high 190's, hopefully even 200. It's going to be hard because of work getting in the way, but it's very possible.

Now the only thing that I'm finding hard is the high protein, I really don't need 320 grams of protein, but if I take off some of the protein, then I'm losing calories also (which I really can't afford)

So I have to be consuming plenty of water, just to avoid any health issues due to the high protein. Here's how I'm going to break everyone down

7am - 1 cup oatmeal w/ 1cup Milk

8:45am - 1 banana

9am - 2oz Peanuts (Aprox 35 peanuts)

11am - 1 chicken breast

12pm - half can chili (1cup)

1-130PM - 1 chicken breast

2-230PM - half can chili

3-330 - some pasta/ chicken ( I know its not listed above, I couldn't remember the nutrition facts)

4-430 - 1 burger ( these burgers will not have any mayo or cheese, 96% fat free beef patties on whole grain wheat buns) with just tomato, lettuce, mustard and ketchup

6PM - pre workout meal - Oatmeal w/ 1 cup milk

645PM - workout

730 - post workout shake (2 scoops/water)

745PM - another burger

8PM - 3 scrambled eggs

9-930 - Protein shake w/ milk and 2 TB of peanut butter

I actually think I'm taking in way too much protein, anybody know what I can replace something with that's high in cals but low in fat/protein/carbs?

LeeRoi

Awards
Wow so I actually re counted my calorie intake from before, and it was around 2300-2400 cals :sad:

With 295g protein, I think what happened was I was so focused on the protein, I kinda forgot about how many calories I was actually eating, I actually thought I was eating 3k cals a day, even more. But I wasn't

No wonder I was stuck at 185, I changed my routine about 3 times in the past 6 months, I was getting stronger but minimal mass.

Time to get to work

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Why do you want to eat every hour? Not knocking but the way you "scheduled" your meals seems weird. You said it's going to be hard to eat this b/c of work, it looks like it will be hard to get any work done if you keep to this time schedule. Why not do this:
7-oatmeal, banana(in oatmeal), peanuts
10-chicken, chili (you could combine the 2 in same bowl)
1230-chicken, chili
300- pasta w/ chicken, burger
6-Pre WO-oatmeal,milk
730-Post WO shake
8-burger,eggs (you could scramble eggs flat, and put on top of burger, if you add cheese, we call it a cheesy western)
Right before bed, shake,PB

As far as too much protein, you don't need to worry. You are taking in right at 1.5g/lb at 185lbs BW. I think your totals look ok, and the macro breakdown looks good. If it turns out to be too many calories and you are adding weight too fast, just bump your cardio a little bit to keep extra fat gain at bay.

LeeRoi

Awards
Why do you want to eat every hour? Not knocking but the way you "scheduled" your meals seems weird. You said it's going to be hard to eat this b/c of work, it looks like it will be hard to get any work done if you keep to this time schedule. Why not do this:
7-oatmeal, banana(in oatmeal), peanuts
10-chicken, chili (you could combine the 2 in same bowl)
1230-chicken, chili
300- pasta w/ chicken, burger
6-Pre WO-oatmeal,milk
730-Post WO shake
8-burger,eggs (you could scramble eggs flat, and put on top of burger, if you add cheese, we call it a cheesy western)
Right before bed, shake,PB

As far as too much protein, you don't need to worry. You are taking in right at 1.5g/lb at 185lbs BW. I think your totals look ok, and the macro breakdown looks good. If it turns out to be too many calories and you are adding weight too fast, just bump your cardio a little bit to keep extra fat gain at bay.
thanks for the response.

Hmm yeah I'm not sure why I broke it down like that lol. I guess because it's easier for me to eat one thing at a time because of time then eat "full meals"

But your way does sound easier, I'm gonna re do the schedule and post it. Any more responses appreciated!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Just group them together, you will be fine. The only "big meal" I really see is the lunch-chicken,pasta and burger. And that depends on how much pasta you eat. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in some green veggies as well. Everything else you could pretty much prepare in one bowl. Oatmeal/banana. Put chicken in bowl with chili. Pasta/chicken, that way you feel like you are eating 1 thing at a time.

LeeRoi

Awards
Just group them together, you will be fine. The only "big meal" I really see is the lunch-chicken,pasta and burger. And that depends on how much pasta you eat. It also wouldn't hurt to throw in some green veggies as well. Everything else you could pretty much prepare in one bowl. Oatmeal/banana. Put chicken in bowl with chili. Pasta/chicken, that way you feel like you are eating 1 thing at a time.
thanks man. anyone else?

FINEMNT

Awards
What has already been said are great ideas. You can also go about adding calories through meal replacement shakes. They are fast, easy, healthy, and affordable! Of course, this is when your schedule is tight, or you are on the go.