Starting new diet. Any changes?

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
I am going to start a new diet and my goals are to gain lean weight and improve my overall health. I also need to keep sodium to a minimum for blood pressure issues and I am a bit new to that type of diet and would appreciate any feedback on things to try or changes I can make. Here's my initial thoughts and I have estimated some of the measurements as I have yet to look everything up. I feel this is a good plan to start out with.

Initial Diet Plan

Meal 1: 1.5 cups egg whites cooked with olive oil and Mrs. Dash
1.5 cups oatmeal with Truvia brand sweetner
1 cup grapefruit juice
40Protein, 90 Carbs, ~10g fat, 0g Sodium, 30g sugar

Pre-workout protein shake: 46g protein,0g Carbs, 60mg Sodium, 0g sugar

Post-workout Shake: 46g protein,50g Carbs(dextrose),60mg Sodium,

Meal 2: 1.5 Salmon Fillets baked with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
4 Medium red potatoes boiled
45g Protein, 60g Carbs, ~20g Fat, ~70mg Sodium

Meal 3: 8oz.(cooked) Jenni-O 99% fat free gound Turkey(can sub 8oz. Chicken) with 1 pack Boil -in-Bag brown rice -all mixed with Mrs. Dash Marinade and 1TBSP Olive oil.
45g Protein, 80g Carb, 20g fat, ~120mg Sodium

Meal 4: Chicken or turkey salad(8oz. Cooked meat) with Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning on meat and Greek Dressing on salad. 2 medium red potatoes
45g Protein,~40g Carbs, ~20g Fat, ~5g sugar, ~120 mg Sodium,

Meal 5: 8oz.Tilapia (baked) with Mrs Dash lemon Pepper and Fresh broccoli or green beans
45g Protein,~5-10g carbs,min fat, 0 sugar, ~50mg sodium

Before Bed: Casein Protein shake
46g protein, 33mg sodium,0g fat, 0g.sugar,

358g Protein,~330g carbs,~74g Fat, Less than 40g sugar(excluding post workout),~480mg sodium

~3418 total calories
~1432 from protein(41.9%)
~1320 from carbs (38.6%)
~666 from fats(19.4%)

Supplements:glutamine,whey iso, casein,multi vit,potassium,maybe cre02,arginine

:type:

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
It looks pretty solid to me. How much is this below maintenance? And do you do cardio? A Bit more cardio work helps keep the heart in shape, which can help lower BP a bit. Otherwise, meal plan looks good.

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
Right now cardio is 3 times a week for 20 min and it will be 30min when I start this. I am starting a new 2 on 1 off split in the gym. Once I start with my new routine I want to rent or buy a body bug so I can see how much I am burning off and then go from there. Im thinking its probably around 3500/day but Its hard to say since my diet has been a mess lately. Im sure my quantities will be adjusted many times in the weeks to come.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I think it's a pretty good place to start. You only want to gain 1-2 lbs week, to keep it fairly lean. Also, since you are going to increase cardio a bit, you can get away with a few extra cals. If scale goes up or down drastically, adjust cals in 200 increments. You look like you are on track though.

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
Thanks. appreciate the feedback. Has anyone used a bodybug before? Wondering how accurate they are.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
diet looks solid bud.

I am really looking forward to seeing how you respond with Cre-02 if you choose to run it. You're really going to love it :)

pitt6691

pitt6691

Awards
diet looks solid bud.

I am really looking forward to seeing how you respond with Cre-02 if you choose to run it. You're really going to love it :)
I have a full bottle of it right now but I decided to do a cut for a couple months and I wanted to wait until im done to use it. Plus I need to burn through the rest of my CEE first.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have a full bottle of it right now but I decided to do a cut for a couple months and I wanted to wait until im done to use it. Plus I need to burn through the rest of my CEE first.
Sounds awesome....keep me posted :phone:

ps - user's of Cre-02 have noticed leaning out effects while gaining muscle and strength. Just thought i'd point that out. I use it on a cut ;)