Is Subway good for you?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    From everything I've read, Chipotle is good for you. Minimally processed, organic meats, local produce. Sounds like whole foods to me.
    Chiptole just started labeling their gmo food
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Useful in people without HBP aswell; helps prevent one from developing it
    Good to know.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    If you can't see what I'm getting at then go eat some subway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    If you can't see what I'm getting at then go eat some subway.
    I actually just did the other day
    your post made no sense. are you saying since this food is being served at an eating establishment and not your home it is somehow "bad" for you?
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

5. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    your post made no sense. are you saying since this food is being served at an eating establishment and not your home it is somehow "bad" for you?
    It made sense.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    It made sense.
    okay

7. Yep.

The submarine sandwich that Subway hung it's namesake on can be made in a healthier fashion than the restaurant puts out.

Compared to Wendy's, Subway is healthier for reasons previously discussed though the types of foods Wendy's is synonymous with (hamburgers and chicken breast sandwiches) can be made healthy at home.

This is what Mike said, don't play a coy, pre-pubescent chick role. It isn't becoming.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    The product fast food chains put out and call food is synonymous with their brand or name. Therefor a submarine sandwich from subway is not just a sub it's a subway sandwich and unlike other subs from other chains or delis. They create their own product which is basically consistent of the lowest quality ingredients while maintaining the flavor profile they construct in their labs to maintain cost efficiency in the worst way. They don't care what goes in your body so long as you believe it's the healthier choice when in reality you're eating more chemicals and by products then you'd dream of with the thought in your head that "it couldn't be that bad cus its so simple".
    It sounds like you are the demographic they look to sell too so enjoy your footlong of lies. You may as well shove that 12 inches up your ass since your getting fuked when you consume their product anyway.
    Open your eyes a little wider and you'll find mom n pop delis or if you have to even grocery chains that'll make a healthier sub for ya.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    The product fast food chains put out and call food is synonymous with their brand or name. Therefor a submarine sandwich from subway is not just a sub it's a subway sandwich and unlike other subs from other chains or delis. They create their own product which is basically consistent of the lowest quality ingredients while maintaining the flavor profile they construct in their labs to maintain cost efficiency in the worst way. They don't care what goes in your body so long as you believe it's the healthier choice when in reality you're eating more chemicals and by products then you'd dream of with the thought in your head that "it couldn't be that bad cus its so simple".
    It sounds like you are the demographic they look to sell too so enjoy your footlong of lies. You may as well shove that 12 inches up your ass since your getting fuked when you consume their product anyway.
    I'd eat a Wendy all day amiright?

10. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Open your eyes a little wider and you'll find mom n pop delis or if you have to even grocery chains that'll make a healthier sub for ya.
    so if I set a subway footlong and a footlong I made myself you could tell the difference?

11. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    so if I set a subway footlong and a footlong I made myself you could tell the difference?
    Are you using Subways' ****ty ingredients or stepping it up? I bet if you set a Subway next to a Quiznos you could tell a definitely difference, and you're not even talking quality over and above.

More importantly, you've identified the fact that brands are synonymous with their products.

12. *definite. ****ing autocorrect

13. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I wouldn't eat a damn thing you make. You're having such a hard time understanding this conversation that I'm not convinced you can figure out a sandwich....

..........:-)

14. Subway is god awful for you.

Like mentioned earlier, the bread has more ingredients than you can count. Wheat bread? More like overly processed crap with caramel syrup coloring to make it appear healthy. Stuff is worse than most white breads.

That grilled chicken breast? Mechanically separated chicken soaked in enough chemicals to kill a horse with grill marks painted on. You mean to tell me that chicken breasts aren't all exactly the same shap and size???!!!!

Lets use our brains. Do you really think a company is going to profit from a 5 dollar footlong if they are using healthy, fresh ingredients? I think not.

Still probably better than McDonald's

15. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    I wouldn't eat a damn thing you make. You're having such a hard time understanding this conversation that I'm not convinced you can figure out a sandwich....

..........:-)
    I understand what you are trying to say, but your argument is invalid which is leading you to take personal attacks because you cant defend your point

16. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say, but your argument is invalid which is leading you to take personal attacks because you cant defend your point

What's to defend? I made my point and in no way have you challenged it in a way that makes me want to pursue the conversation so I ended it with a joke on you. Your replies are just as Texasguy described them as. If ya can't handle alil heat then don't get your sub toasted.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    What's to defend? I made my point and in no way have you challenged it in a way that makes me want to pursue the conversation so I ended it with a joke on you. Your replies are just as Texasguy described them as. If ya can't handle alil heat then don't get your sub toasted.
    which are? correct?
    and btw I never get them toasted

18. Man i always thought it was healthy! i usually get chicken sub loaded with everything on honeyoat bread! Is this why i get fatigued in the middle of the day?!

19. Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    Man i always thought it was healthy! i usually get chicken sub loaded with everything on honeyoat bread! Is this why i get fatigued in the middle of the day?!
    no, subway is absolutely fine

20. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    no, subway is absolutely fine
    Ya just listen to this guy. He really knows what he's talkin about . Just look at em.

21. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Ya just listen to this guy. He really knows what he's talkin about . Just look at em.
    says the overweight man
    im pretty shredded, so thanks

22. Seriously be honest. If you think subway is healthy, you are an idiot. It is simply the lesser of evils when compared to mcdonalds, burger king, etc. Other than that, Subway and healthy should never be mentioned together

23. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    Seriously be honest. If you think subway is healthy, you are an idiot. It is simply the lesser of evils when compared to mcdonalds, burger king, etc. Other than that, Subway and healthy should never be mentioned together
    ok. what do you consider "unhealthy" maybe tats what w need to establish

24. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    says the overweight man
    im pretty shredded, so thanks
    Overweight? you are a complete moron.Your not shredded your scrawny. Do you even lift? Last time I was your size I was homeless and I still looked better. Your chest looks like a bird cage bro!. Nobody wants to see your ribs flexing so shut up and put a shirt on.

25. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Overweight? you are a complete moron.Your not shredded your scrawny. Do you even lift? Last time I was your size I was homeless and I still looked better. Your chest looks like a bird cage bro!. Nobody wants to see your ribs flexing so shut up and put a shirt on.
    that's called a serratus anterior and obliques, not ribs.
    Name:  SerratusAnteriorSide.gif
Views: 173
Size:  12.1 KB

26. Unhealthy = ****ty processed food, tons of chemicals, preservatives, sugars, etc. We know what unhealthy is. Subway might not be the absolute worst place ever, but it is still very much not good for you.

Google search the ingredients. Chicken should not have 20 ingredients. Nor should vegetables.

27. From a long-term health prospective, probably not, largely because Subway's food is chalked full of additives and preservatives.

From a bodybuilding, weight lifting perspective, the food isn't that bad for a person on the go, assuming that it fits within your nutritional macros.

28. http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/File...ngredients.pdf
    I don't see 20 ingredients for vegetables and go to your local supermarket and pick up a package of deli meat or prepackages meat and you will find the same thing.
    they aren't going to sell organic foods at subway

29. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    that's called a serratus anterior and obliques, not ribs.
    Name:  SerratusAnteriorSide.gif
Views: 173
Size:  12.1 KB
    Mike's original argument made sense, your weird semantics attack failed.

You are not "ripped", simply skinny. Ripped requires low body fat and muscle mass, you only have one part of the equation.

You have to be trolling.

30. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Mike's original argument made sense, your weird semantics attack failed.

You are not "ripped", simply skinny. Ripped requires low body fat and muscle mass, you only have one part of the equation.

You have to be trolling.
    I actually carry more LBM than a lot of ppl my age at my stats
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Favorite Subway Sub???
    By 4evathrowed in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
  2. What would your Subway Sub look like?
    By fisher300 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM
  3. Subway Jared
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM
  4. Subway Question
    By bigred869 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 01:00 PM