How healthy are these fat free chili beans?

LeeRoi

Awards
So I bought some Dennison's 99% fat free chili beans at the grocery store

In one can which is about 2 cups it has

420 cals (fat cals 40)
4g fat

1g sat fat

Carbs - 58g

Protein - 40g

Sodium - 1020mg

-----

now everything looks good, except the sodium part..is that too much? I'm clean bulking right now btw.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It depends on when you are eating them. If you've just worked out and are having them as a post workout meal, those carbs will be used well. The chili is high in sodium, but once again, if you've just worked out and have been sweating a ton your body can use some extra salt.

LeeRoi

Awards
Well I usually eat them during lunch...should I just eat em post workout then?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
You can take it 2-3 hours PreWO for a constant flow of carbs during your workout since beans digest very slowly. Beans are my ideal PWO food because of the high fiber content and ultra-low GI. In that label, have they already subtracted the fiber to get those carbs? Also is there any added sugar? Otherwise look pretty healthy.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I usually eat them during lunch...should I just eat em post workout then?
It would probably be better to have them in your post workout meal. Your muscles will need to replenish their glycogen supply after you have lifted, and those carbs will certainly do that. They'd be less likely to be turned into fat since your body will be needing that nutrients.

LeeRoi

Awards
You can take it 2-3 hours PreWO for a constant flow of carbs during your workout since beans digest very slowly. Beans are my ideal PWO food because of the high fiber content and ultra-low GI. In that label, have they already subtracted the fiber to get those carbs? Also is there any added sugar? Otherwise look pretty healthy.
It says Total Carb 29g
Fiber 8g
Sugars 2g