Possible pinched nerve? - AnabolicMinds.com

Possible pinched nerve?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Possible pinched nerve?

Ok I am asking this question for my training partner because I am starting to get worried about him.

The Story:
    Last Wednesday we were working out and during his widowmaker on squats he got a excrutiating headache. He said it was really sudden and painful. I figured he just stressed to hard getting the 20 reps so I thought nothing of it. Well he said that when his heart-rate has been rising the headaches have been coming back and today during our workout he couldn't do much of anything due to these sharp headaches. Has anyone had this happen or know what it could be?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I would lean towards his blood presure getting too high. Is he taking any kind of stims or supps that would increase his heart rate and blood pressure? Did he just start taking something before last wednesday. Your blood pressure goes up during periods of stress (training) and increased heart rate. Obviously during a heavy taxing set of anything that gets the heart pumping good, BP will go up. If he just started taking something new, I would suggest stopping it. It is something that would require a PCT, then do it correctly, but now. If it's a stim of some kind, then just stop. Don't take it for a few days and see if same symptoms occur. He should also get his BP checked. Ideally, best time is in am after waking to get true resting BP. He can get a basic BP monitor to do that at home. If his resting BP is high, then it is going to be higher when lifting. If he hasn't changed anything as far as new supplements, then he should see his doctor regardless. Lifting hard and heavy shouldn't create so much pressure that everytime he gets a nasty headache. It could be a serious underlying condition that needs to be checked. A possible brain aneurysm or anything remotely close to that is VERY SERIOUS and should be checked!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Exertion headaches are a bitch...
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I would lean towards his blood presure getting too high. Is he taking any kind of stims or supps that would increase his heart rate and blood pressure? Did he just start taking something before last wednesday. Your blood pressure goes up during periods of stress (training) and increased heart rate. Obviously during a heavy taxing set of anything that gets the heart pumping good, BP will go up. If he just started taking something new, I would suggest stopping it. It is something that would require a PCT, then do it correctly, but now. If it's a stim of some kind, then just stop. Don't take it for a few days and see if same symptoms occur. He should also get his BP checked. Ideally, best time is in am after waking to get true resting BP. He can get a basic BP monitor to do that at home. If his resting BP is high, then it is going to be higher when lifting. If he hasn't changed anything as far as new supplements, then he should see his doctor regardless. Lifting hard and heavy shouldn't create so much pressure that everytime he gets a nasty headache. It could be a serious underlying condition that needs to be checked. A possible brain aneurysm or anything remotely close to that is VERY SERIOUS and should be checked!
    Good reply
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Only thing he is taking is a creatine supp. I think he needs to goto the doctor, I don't want to be responsible for working someone to death.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Only thing he is taking is a creatine supp. I think he needs to goto the doctor, I don't want to be responsible for working someone to death.
    Been there. Same thing exactly. Thought I had blown a berry aneurysm. Shld no better as trauma is my speciality.

Got it checked by my mate. Brain MRI normal. Went away after a week or so. Had it once more.

Likely to be exertion headaches but need to exclude the serious. Vomiting, drowsiness and neck pain or stiffness and avoidance of bright light are VERY serious and need immediate attention. Otherwise doc soon for neuro exam, look in the eyes, bp check and maybe MRI.

Believe it or not the exact same thing can happen with orgasm... Thought to be an intracranial vascular problem

hope that helps
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGould View Post
    Been there. Same thing exactly. Thought I had blown a berry aneurysm. Shld no better as trauma is my speciality.

Got it checked by my mate. Brain MRI normal. Went away after a week or so. Had it once more.

Likely to be exertion headaches but need to exclude the serious. Vomiting, drowsiness and neck pain or stiffness and avoidance of bright light are VERY serious and need immediate attention. Otherwise doc soon for neuro exam, look in the eyes, bp check and maybe MRI.

Believe it or not the exact same thing can happen with orgasm... Thought to be an intracranial vascular problem

hope that helps
    I remember a guy awhile back that said he could never orgasm without getting a killer headache. Like whenever he came through self release or intercourse, he got a migraine.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I remember a guy awhile back that said he could never orgasm without getting a killer headache. Like whenever he came through self release or intercourse, he got a migraine.
    Ya. V unfortunate. Thought to do with sudden vasodilation and bp changes taking up too much space too quickly in the rigid cranium. Similar to the proposed mech for exertion headaches
  9. ato ucf

ive had the same exact thing happen to me once or twice only on leg days. its probably his blood pressure, the headaches are terrible. i add in some extra hawthorne berry and they go away within a day or two.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

pretty sure it was a exertion headache. He had them during stressful situations for the next week after then they went away. Thanks for the input everyone!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pinched nerve?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 10:18 AM
  2. Pinched nerve due to overly dominate/tight back??
    By ato ucf in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
  3. StimX and pinched nerves in neck!?!?!?
    By CantBreakThis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:38 PM