Creatine and Sugar???

bankhog207

Awards
I know that pre and post workout i should consume 5g's but if i mix it with a sugary juice how many grams of sugar should I shoot for?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter, you're body will only store what it needs.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter, you're body will only store what it needs.
Basing this off what? What exactly are you referring to: creatine, sugar?

I know that pre and post workout i should consume 5g's but if i mix it with a sugary juice how many grams of sugar should I shoot for?
What kind of sugary juice are we talking about? IMO sucrose and fructose are not ideal CHO's for inducing a post work out insulin response, as the fructose metabolism will occur primarily in the liver and won't have nearly the beneficial effects a dextrose or dextrose polymer constituted drink will have.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Creatine. Carbohydrates generally speaking also.

bankhog207

Awards
creatine mono in 10oz's of grape juice with has 50g's of sugar.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
creatine mono in 10oz's of grape juice with has 50g's of sugar.
If your question will your body store the maximum creatine it can with that, then yes. I don't know why everyone is so worried about how much creatine they take in. That should be the least of their worries. During any given workout your creatine phosphate stores are replenished between sets. I know not fully, but sufficient. The problem is that people should be concerned about the enzyme (creatine kinase) that breaks down creatine phosphate so that the phosphate group can be used to resynthesize ATP. Being stored as creatine phosphate does nothing.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that people should be concerned about the enzyme (creatine kinase) that breaks down creatine phosphate so that the phosphate group can be used to resynthesize ATP. Being stored as creatine phosphate does nothing.
That sounds interesting. Got any more info or links to that.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
That sounds interesting. Got any more info or links to that.
Sure. What other information are you looking for? From my Ex Phys or Biochem books?

bankhog207

Awards
dextrose or dextrose polymer can u give me an example i appoligize if my questions come off as dumb.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
dextrose or dextrose polymer can u give me an example i appoligize if my questions come off as dumb.
No need to apologize. Dextrose is just another name for glucose, whereas dextrose polymers are just long chains of dextrose (glucose) bonded together.

An example of a dextrose polymer would be maltodextrin.

Dextrose (and polymers) are IMO the most ideal CHO for post workout consumption. Considering dextrose and maltodextrin are both absorbed rather quickly into the blood stream and elicit high insulin responses, they are perfect both for increasing nutrient absorption post w/o via increased insulin response as well as replenishing muscle glycogen.

daveydoodle

daveydoodle

Awards
If you're using bulk Creatine Monohydrate, as well as bulk Dextrose, rather than a pre mixed version (ex: Cell Tech, Cell mass, etc..) how many grams of Dextrose would you suggest?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Sure. What other information are you looking for? From my Ex Phys or Biochem books?

Geez, it's taken me a while to get back to this.

Pretty much all of this would be of use. "the enzyme (creatine kinase) that breaks down creatine phosphate so that the phosphate group can be used to resynthesize ATP."

Many thanks if you can give me some info on this. I just don't have the time these days to research myself and i miss it.

I'm actually waiting for my Purple Wraath to arrive which i was going to try out but been using just Creapure and 15-20 grams of BCAAs and i must say i'm pretty happy with what's happening.

I have that pre workout and sip on a Gatorade / Whey shake during the workout. Only using about 1/3 to 1/2 scoop of Gatorade though.

I'm low carbing soon so i'll be dropping the Gatorade and just be using the PW with Creapure. First pre mixed supp i've bought so i'm getting a bit excited