cottage cheese

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Yeah, like some people swear off oats due to texture (where as I find the texture fine). Cottage cheese is really the only food I wont eat due to texture.

2. IMO, cottage cheese in US, does taste like crap. Try tvorog, which is russian cottage cheese. http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...81474976749286. Very small curd size, not sour at all. Literally tastes like a good sour cream. Recommend
    It's also called farmer cheese http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_cheese
    •   

3. cottage cheese mixed with western salad dressing is always good

4. Quote Originally Posted by ryaroberts View Post
    ive read a lot of people are into cottage cheese before bed, so i thought id try it out. with just one spoonful i couldnt do it. i ended up spitting it out. my question is what can i do to improve the taste? what are some of yall mixing yours with?

*edit* what brand of CC are you using, and is it fat free? i tried the HEB brand and my friend told me she loves CC but gagged on the HEB stuff.
    Dude don't be a *****.

Buy some fruits, fruits in a can.. pineapples, blueberries, peaches, etc.. mix it in with the cottage cheese, easy.

5. Quote Originally Posted by USMC7051 View Post
    cottage cheese mixed with western salad dressing is always good
    sicko

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    sicko

haha try it..i bet you will fall in love

7. Quote Originally Posted by USMC7051 View Post
    haha try it..i bet you will fall in love
    I probably would, I don't even know what western salad dressing tastes like..

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    Dude don't be a *****.

Buy some fruits, fruits in a can.. pineapples, blueberries, peaches, etc.. mix it in with the cottage cheese, easy.
    since i first made this thread, i tried borden's brand and started to add blueberries. 100x better. my goal is to do it solo, or mix it with something lower in sugar/carb. trying to stay away from carbs before bed.

9. In the same family, Chobani (greek yogart) is pretty good. Good nutritional profile as well for a small snack. Vanilla or honey mixed w/ fresh fruit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ryaroberts View Post
    since i first made this thread, i tried borden's brand and started to add blueberries. 100x better. my goal is to do it solo, or mix it with something lower in sugar/carb. trying to stay away from carbs before bed.
    Blueberries is REALLLY good with it, I had blueberries + mandarin small orange slices from a can with it.
    •   

11. Tribaltek:

What kind of cottage cheese are you eating? The different types of have different textures (to an extent). Like low-fat is completely different then no fat and so on.......

Best,
    WB

12. you can try adding cinnamon. if you are looking to put some slow digesting protein in you stomach before be there is no reason you can't opt for cheese.

13. damn, put it in capsules... we really can't dump sugar on everything we eat. how do you feel about the taste of CEE? one i really love is green tea powder.

14. Cottage Cheese for me adds a thing layer of fat under my skin that I do not want. So does yogurt.

15. Quote Originally Posted by killfat View Post
    Cottage Cheese for me adds a thing layer of fat under my skin that I do not want. So does yogurt.
    they have fat free, 1%, 2% and 4% cottage cheese

Similar Forum Threads

1. cottage cheese
    By jtterrible in forum Recipes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM
  2. Cottage Cheese?
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Recipes
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
  3. Yet Another Way to Eat Cottage Cheese
    By littlejeni in forum Recipes