sleeping at different times? - AnabolicMinds.com

sleeping at different times?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.

sleeping at different times?

okay so i work a full time job from 6 to 230 pm M-F. its hard for me to get a full 8 hours of sleep. but i usually get 5 then come home and nap for 2 or 3 hours. does it matter when i sleep the 8 hours or does it have to be all at once?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

some is better than none, but if it's @ once, it's a lot better
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

it is tough for the body to slip into REM given only 2 hours of sleep, so you could be just tiring yourself out. try to follow your biological clock aka carcadian rhythm. We are all configured to follow it exactly, within an hour or two difference.

I cant post a link, but if you wikipedia carcadian rhythm they have a good diagram.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

its better to have 8 hours of rest. The longer and deeper sleep you have the more GH you will release allowing your body to recover better and grow
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

I also think there have been studies on the "power nap" that show to get a little recharge, then you should limit nap to around 30 mins. That way you get a bit of rest, but don't usually get to REM sleep. When you get to REM, and only stay there for a short period, usually you feel worse than not napping at all. Try to get another hour or so at night if you can and take a shorter nap in day.

If you workout after work in afternoon, then don't nap. I would think that 2-3 hours of sleep after 230pm but before 11pm or midnight would wreck a good nights sleep. Skip the nap and add it to bedtime if your schedule allows.
  6. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    its better to have 8 hours of rest. The longer and deeper sleep you have the more GH you will release allowing your body to recover better and grow
    Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I also think there have been studies on the "power nap" that show to get a little recharge, then you should limit nap to around 30 mins. That way you get a bit of rest, but don't usually get to REM sleep. When you get to REM, and only stay there for a short period, usually you feel worse than not napping at all. Try to get another hour or so at night if you can and take a shorter nap in day.

If you workout after work in afternoon, then don't nap. I would think that 2-3 hours of sleep after 230pm but before 11pm or midnight would wreck a good nights sleep. Skip the nap and add it to bedtime if your schedule allows.

Some sleep is better than none, even a few power naps and a longer 6 hour kip a night would be better than nothing. Your body would eventually adapt even though yoú´d feel like death warmed up for a few days.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Help Sleeping
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM
  2. Sleeping?
    By chris808costa in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
  3. While you are sleeping...
    By Aggravated in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4