graveyard shift diet help....

luxxor

Awards
Hey everyone..... I work the graveyard shift and get home around 9:00 am. I train at around 4:00 pm. What should I eat in the morning before I go to bed in the mornings????? Thanx..

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea take a slow realsing protien at bed.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
^^^^^ Like he said, bed time is bed time no matter what shift. I did the cat eye for yrs so I know the strains.

panmerc

panmerc

Awards
I feel your pain man!! I work nights as well. Just follow whatever diet you are training for ie bulking, cutting but adjust it to your hours. ex. breakfast at 2pm, lunch at 7pm and dinner at 4am. Personally I eat what the family eats so i eat lunch for breakfast, dinner for lunch, and breakfast for dinner.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i get off work at 11 now that im off school so i do something like this

get up around
12- weight gainer shake homemade
330- grilled chicken with veggies and pasta and whey
700- repeat above
10- 1 skim milk 14 g protien, watever else i can get too get up to 20-25 g protien
12- sandwich pb maybe something or nuts
2-3 am weight gainer b4 bed

gives me bout 200 g protien, prolly wee bit more carbs then needed and enough fats and cals.... sometimes i stay up till 4 even 5 but i wake up around 12 around 6-7 hours sleep sometimes get up earlier if im lifting..

its easy man set up something like that i found the easiest way to get enough protien while at work is bring 4 scoops of whey 80 g protien and those lean cousine south beach diet maybe a turkey sandwhich.. and go 20 g whey and 20 g from food.. works pretty good imo

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
casien protein in the form of cottage cheese. 1%, 1/2 a cup. zma 1/2 hour before that