Rocket Science

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
When i was newer to this lifestyle, i used to think "WTF does that mean" when i read posts like "get your diet in line". i had employed someone to help me put together a diet, cause at the time i had no idea how to do this. for the new people who were in the same boat as me, i list the following to try and help you out. this is not rocket science as i once thought. step 1: take your total cals. that you should be consuming for the day (there are plenty of ways to come up with this figure, got google?) and divide by 5 or 6, depending on how many meals you want to consume. that figure will tell you how many cals per meal you need. next figure out your macro's for each meal. a good place to start is 1 part fat 2 parts protein and 2 or 3 parts carbs. these ratio's might go up or down depending on your goals, but for starters, not bad. get your nutrients from food, not just protein shakes and MRP's. and when i say carbs i mean (for the most part) complexe ones not snicker's bars and ice cream. i could add a bunch more and i'm sure others who are smarter than me and more experienced than me will do so, but again this is a good place to start. hope this helps someone, if not, it was only 5 minutes out of my life...and for that i give myself the:borladuck:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
definetly a great start for a Thread, i think what needs to be done are Dieting styles and bullet type points

Although it isnt rocket science there is some solid science behind certain diets that may make or break you

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
how many times do you read on here when a noobie, weighing 150lbs asks what to do? and someone will tell him "just eat man, eat lots". well that's true, but if someone does not know what and how to eat they might just sit their a$$ down at coldstone and do damage to themselves, it's eating is it not? maybe we could take a while here, and create some guidlines that we find relivent for the new person and try and educate

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i've really enjoyed higher carbs on all my meals pre workout, then tapering down after my post workout shake - i really have no use for energy after 5PM. of course, that's easy to say when you get 500g of carbs in before dinner :)

i think some good guidelines would help a lot - my mass gaining post is more about just doing it, and doing it healthy rather than actual meal breakdowns.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how many times do you read on here when a noobie, weighing 150lbs asks what to do? and someone will tell him "just eat man, eat lots". well that's true, but if someone does not know what and how to eat they might just sit their a$$ down at coldstone and do damage to themselves, it's eating is it not? maybe we could take a while here, and create some guidlines that we find relivent for the new person and try and educate
im willing to do that, wanna PM me or email me?

lets keep it very simple so anyone can understand.

i mean as far as gaiing weight if its really necessary, i dont agree with portion sizes, but i do reccommend only clean food, with the one day **** load

but we will go into this more later..

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
im willing to do that, wanna PM me or email me?

lets keep it very simple so anyone can understand.

i mean as far as gaiing weight if its really necessary, i dont agree with portion sizes, but i do reccommend only clean food, with the one day **** load

but we will go into this more later..
lets do this......gimme a couple of hours to get back with ya....i'm at work right now, we'll discuss and put together some intelligent guidelines for the new person. maybe start with lean bulking? Suncloud, you with us on this one?