do you have to eat healthy to get STRONG??

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

do you have to eat healthy to get STRONG??

:00 AM: Wake Up

Ate 4 Pop-Tarts and drank three cups coffee

5:00-7:00 AM: Work

Answered emails and worked on the EliteFTS site

7:10 AM: Pre-Workout Meal

McDonalds #5 with 2 apple pies and 1 large coffee

7:30-8:30 AM: Train

First 20 minutes was dynamic warm-up and mobility work with very aggressive stretching. I then did some sledgehammer and arm work. I drank the coffee during the session.

8:30 AM: Post-Workout Drink (2 Ultra Fuels!!!)

8:30-12:00 PM: Working at the Gym

I spent this time preparing the weightroom for a photo shoot, answering emails, and reviewing business indicators for the week.

1:00 PM: Went Home

On the way home to take care of my sick son for the afternoon, I ate a Burger King chicken sandwich meal with extra mayo. I hate chicken breasts and only eat the breaded stuff. I also ate onion rings and a Snickers pie. I drank Dr. Pepper along with my meal.

1:00-5:00 PM: Worked on a Presentation and Napped

During this time, I knocked out 6 mini-Snickers (no idea where they came from, but they were on the kitchen counter and in my book that makes them fair game). I also ate 5 lunch size bags of chips. We buy these so we don't eat so many at one time. Oops. I also had a few packs of Disney fruit snacks (we get them for the kids but I eat most of them).

5:00-6:00 PM: Make Dinner for the Kids

All hell breaks loose as we try to make dinner for the kids. With one sick and the other one ornery as hell, it was not good times. I forgot to eat until they were done and then I was hungry as hell. I popped 4 hot dogs in the microwave and ate them on 4 pieces of whole wheat bread with ketchup. I also had 3 lunch bags of chips and 3 glasses of sugar-free Tang.

7:00 PM: Put the Kids to Bed

Of course, I got hungry again. I fired up the oven and cooked up 6 giant cinnamon roles with icing. Yes, I ate all of them with a huge glass of milk.

9:00-11:00 PM: Emails and Work on Seminar

During this time I ate 4 Pop-Tarts and drank a big glass of milk

In the end, today was a good eating day. I have no idea what tomorrow will be like. However, tomorrow is squat day. We train at 9:00 and I'd like to go to Bob Evans restaurant beforehand to load up.

there is dave tates diet... now im not recomending eating like this or saying im gonna start..

however if ur not going into bodybuilding, and just lift for PL and want to be pretty lean how important is diet? personally i still eat pretty healthy for example today

1. Weight Gainer Shake
    500 cals 50 g protien
    2. grilled chicken pasta and vegies
    20 g protien cals
    3. grilled chicken pasta vegies
    20 g protien 330 cals
    4. 20 oz skim milk reesces brownie (haha)
    20 g protien 300 cals
    5. Protien shake whey
    40 grams 200 cals
    6, snack cinamon rolls
    7.protien shake
    8. grilled chicken sandwwich

thats how a bad day looks for me.. but i honestly and pretty lean so just want others opinons on how important a diet is to get strong not BB looks.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%

protein is required for new muscle growth and maintenance. carbs are required for energy. fat is required for hormonal balance. these are just general statments of course but my point is this.......if you get enough of all these things you can grow, in size and strenght. there are some guys that come into my work on a daily basis, that are fat and out of shape......but strong as hell. i don't see these guys running marathons any time soon, or ever, but if i had to arm wrestle them, they would probably take my arm off....
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.51%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    protein is required for new muscle growth and maintenance. carbs are required for energy. fat is required for hormonal balance. these are just general statments of course but my point is this.......if you get enough of all these things you can grow, in size and strenght. there are some guys that come into my work on a daily basis, that are fat and out of shape......but strong as hell. i don't see these guys running marathons any time soon, or ever, but if i had to arm wrestle them, they would probably take my arm off....
    Nicely said. On another note, you must have a pretty high metabolism. I mean you are 5'10" and 170 and you eat like Michael Phelps. I imagine you aren't training as much as him either. So enjoy your gift of high metabolism and enjoy that McDonalds. Are you ectomorphic or do you have a more mesomorphic build?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

crazychemist that first diet i posted was dave tate not mine lol..
    the one i posted at the botom with the shakes and grilled chicken etc. was mine for eysterday.

but yes i do have a high metabolism..by looking at last year there is no way u woulda believed i could bench 240 bonce or not.. but i could. i use to eat alot of junk reguraly ate wings b4 working out candy all the time didnt do post workout shakes sometimes just ate mcdonalds.. however with a healthy diet this year i did go from 155 to 170 i still can almost everyday throw in junk cinnamon rolls ice cream chips pop etc.. but yup better enjoy it while it lasts
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.66%

eating like **** might get you strong, but you aren't going to be healthy, you will get sick a lot more, im sure your kid isn't eating the healthiest if he is sick too... so maybe you should start eating more fruits and vegetables, less of the fast food... thats my opinion.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yup, you can get strong and if your workouts and metabolism allow it, you can even keep and outside healthy appearance.

However, don't expect to live a long and healthy life. I also highly doubt people who eat like this are natural.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

Tone- that nutrition thing was dave Tate not mine lol

the bottom one was mine lol, i always hit my protien intake for the day however i do have some junk foods more often then should. but then again the extra cardio and playing bball etc.. woudlnt that kinda balance out... i general i lift for strength (PL) and leanness
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.66%

Quote Originally Posted by brownstown89 View Post
    Tone- that nutrition thing was dave Tate not mine lol

the bottom one was mine lol, i always hit my protien intake for the day however i do have some junk foods more often then should. but then again the extra cardio and playing bball etc.. woudlnt that kinda balance out... i general i lift for strength (PL) and leanness
    oh, sorry i thought that was what you had been eating. hahaha, anyway yeah your diet is pretty clean. Its ok to eat junk every so often - nobody is perfect. Just try to eat clean more times than you eat junk, workout and you'll be straight.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

haha dude imagine me at 175 ish eating alll that? haha..

btw i just read that john cena eats mcdonalds 5x a week anyone else calling bs?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66%

I eat fast food a lot, and I am pretty lean. In the beginning of this bulk, I ate fast food probably everday and some occasions twice a day. I stayed away from fries and grease as much as possible though. Kept it to grilled chicken sandwhiches or plain burgers. I do think metabolism is the dictator here.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

i just had a chicken sandwich at wendys, with a baked potato and ice cream working out later... im honestly in love with westside barbell.. it requires so much energy allowing me to eat more food and alot more food of my choices. and im recovering fine no over training im throwing my own accesory shaping lifts in there... getting stronger and more massive every week.. any week i feel like i ate too much junk or im not looking as toned i kknockout some junk food and weight gainer shakes and do straight whey.. and do extra cardio..

man i dont wanna get older and have my metabolism slow down =/
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.28%

Well, there's something to be said about having a slow metabolism.

I can put on LBM on 3k calories a day. I'm not force feeding myself and taking out a 2nd mortgage to do it

When it comes to cutting, then I wish it could be a bit faster!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

yea man idk wat id say i am.. i mean i never bulk i keep it around 2500 cals (bad day) to 3500 extremly good but rare day... more like 3000 cals and 170-200 grams protien a day i usually hit. and i maintain body weight get pretty strong for it then i start needing to eat more and idk my weight goes up 2-3 pounds.. i went from 155lb eat what i want too 175 pretty solid body never bulked or cut.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

just because you can burn the McDonalds off tho does not mean that it will not affect your cholesterol and arteries. With that being said, once you get older your metabolism will slow down. Good diet habits are best started at a young age. keep that in mind
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.72%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

I wouldn't use Dave Tate's eating habits. See all of the health issues he had as a result of his lifestyle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

entirely possible under two circumstances.
    1 - john cena is not natural (a given)
    2 - grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo.... look up the macros, its pretty healthy - you'll have to subtract the mayo from the macros.
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.2%

with as much as he is on the road I wouldn't doubt it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How strong are you??
    By Sulsuknjrk in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM
  2. strong enough?
    By mase1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
  3. Strong and Big?? Who?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 09:03 AM
  4. Nutrition(health proetin ,healthy carbs,healthy fats)
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 12:10 AM