too much protein?

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
hey everyone,

ive noticed that my protein intake was really high.. i weigh 175lbs and my daily intake of protein is averaging 350g. Is this bad for my health?
I read somewhere that a few ppl have died from large intake of protein...
Am i at risk?
I am currently trying to put on as much lean mass as possible. (super clean diet by the way) (all protein is coming from turkey, chicken, tuna, protein powders.. occasional roundeye steak. all carbs from oatmeal, wholegrain bread and skim milk)
My protein is 45%. Carbs 35%. and Fat 20%. how is that for bulking?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Ah, it's just too much protein. What you're getting right now wouldn't give you anymore results superior to what you'd witness at about 220g of protein per day.

350g of protein for a person 170 pounds isn't necessary. Extra protein that isn't used by muscle tissue is usually stored in the form of fat, so I wouldn't consider it necessary, stick to about 220g of protein per day which would equal = 880 calories. Plenty enough.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Have most of those calories coming from carbs if you're trying to put on weight. ~200g protein like GymRat said and your body will do the rest. Don't skimp on the good fats either.

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Ah, it's just too much protein. What you're getting right now wouldn't give you anymore results superior to what you'd witness at about 220g of protein per day.

350g of protein for a person 170 pounds isn't necessary. Extra protein that isn't used by muscle tissue is usually stored in the form of fat, so I wouldn't consider it necessary, stick to about 220g of protein per day which would equal = 880 calories. Plenty enough.

thanks for sucha quick response!

the problem is i really enjoy protein packed food over carbs.. as in i like eating meat over bread or cereal.. I dont ever crave carbs, just meat:nervous: but thanks for the advice. i will definitely try to cut back!:006:

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
What's the equation for how much protein you need?

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
What's the equation for how much protein you need?
You only need 1.0 - 2.0 grams of protein PER KILOGRAM of bodyweight ( lbs / 2.2) as your body cannot utilize anymore and is wasted unless you are taking some sort of anabolic compound.

itzgambino

Awards
I was thinking about the same thing as redrocket, I am on the AD now and like today my protein intake was 347 grams and I weight about 159 lbs right now. Since I am cutting I have to keep my fat down to about 20% of my total calories which I do leaving high protein levels. Is this alright considering I am on the Anabolic Diet?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
You only need 1.0 - 2.0 grams of protein PER KILOGRAM of bodyweight ( lbs / 2.2) as your body cannot utilize anymore and is wasted unless you are taking some sort of anabolic compound.
Foods anabolic ^.^

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Foods anabolic ^.^
Food is neither anabolic nor catabolic itself. The physiological processes your body undergoes when food is consumed are both catabolic and anabolic depending on which process.:head:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntM1564 Anabolics 17
Jeff5886 Weight Loss 49
Nutrition / Health 51
Nutrition / Health 10
Training Forum 34