- 05-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Saw some frozen chicken breasts the other day half price..so i bought a few packets.
I normally eat fresh chicken breasts but this stuff was a bit cheaper. Is it still good since its frozen? it says it has added salt and water but doesn't seem to be any crap in it.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
- 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
They inject water to make it heavier; sometimes it's seasoned. I find the frozen chicken to be of inferior quality, and even though I'm a budget minded student I stopped buying the frozen chicken a year ago. Frozen is $2/lb for me, and fresh is $3/lb. Figure the water, salt, plus improved texture is worth it to me.
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I use frozen cause its cheaper, and im on a strict budget. I notice it doesn't taste as good but if you season it up it will taste fine.
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
05-17-2009, 10:55 PM
It usually is loaded down with alot of sodium, I like the fresh stuff myself.
Budget wise, whenever the fresh is on sale I buy tons of it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By cedrone50 in forum RecipesReplies: 7Last Post: 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM
- By cheezscott in forum RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 12-03-2008, 12:54 AM
- By pushpull24 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 6Last Post: 10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
- By burymestanding in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 27Last Post: 02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
- By Manwhore in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:07 AM